on 19 June 2013
I bought it as a mobile printer. I bought from Amazon Marketplace, and got a great deal on a used, but as new product. It was as described and works so it was very good value.

I give it only 4 stars, as the Bluetooth connection is currently erratic and I haven't looked to see if there is a solution.

Good Points: It is small and portable. It fits in my laptop bag with the laptop. The quality of print is good, and when used by cable, it is very reliable. It works by battery or mains power. In short, it does what it says on the tin. It's a portable printer. (Point of interest. My local Sainsbury's has at least one in use in store)

Not so good points: It's not quick - but it works at the speed I would expect from such a printer. It has no out-tray and has to be positioned so that the printer outputs don't block the prints as they are ejected (or it gets blocked with papers). The Bluetooth connection isn't reliable, so I tend to use a cable. I might be able to sort this out, but I can live with it. The cartridges listed aren't readily available, but the package does include a world wide list of compatible cartridges, and once you find this you can identify more readily available cartridges.

I wouldn't replace my bigger faster home printers with it, but it works well as a portable printer. If you're not going to carry it about, then you would probably be better off with something else - this is its main advantage.

If I lost it, I would probably replace it, as it serves it's purpose well.
0Comment35 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 May 2012
I bought this mobile printer to use as part of a mobile office to be used in Hotels etc. This printer fits the bill perfectly. The print quality is very good and it connects to my Apple MacBook Pro by either a wired or Bluetooth connection.

It was very quick and easy to set up but the software needed to be updated which did not present a problem.

I recommend this printer and the seller .
0Comment28 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2012
It was delivered within a few working days as It was not urgent and therefore no need to pay for additional postage so I was impressed with the delivery speed.

I have only charged it once, for several hours and have used it on perhaps a dozen occasions and I still have not needed to recharge it. It prints out as quick as my HP Officejet Pro 8500A which is pretty snappy and it has yet to fail to print. It's a compact, robust unit and would recommend it to anyone who needs a portable printer.

At the price you pay, you would expect it to be a good, reliable and robust product. So far so good and would rate it 4 stars. I would have rated it at 5 stars if it hadn't been for the price. Then again, the quality might have been compromised if it was cheaper.
0Comment27 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 June 2015
I purchased this item 2 weeks ago and have used it daily for my business. The printer is not fit for purpose and I have returned it.
The problem I had was that it wouldn't print at all on occasions and when it did it meant waiting up to 10 minutes, having to turn the machine on and off etc, to get it to print. I contacted HP and downloaded the software several times but it still didn't cure the problem.
Rubbish
on 18 July 2012
ok, this printer is amazing value, its very quick good quality and a longish charge life although I have only charged it once I've gotten about three weeks worth of printing out of it - (about 30 mins at a time. 5 days a week) - i will be getting an additional battery for it in a few months once If tested its full capability - photo printing is good, I use it mostly for printing receipts, invoices and product listings as well as supply contracts for my clients great little item well worth a recommendation
on 31 October 2012
This printer is very good for small office or quick printing job.The print quality is very good (typical of HP products). the product is a must fr travellers who are in the habit of printing while on the move.
on 11 December 2014
Great printer... I got in almost 3 years ago and I carry it around almost every day!
It's really resistent... it felt down few times while it was printing and it is still working.
The battery is lasting enough for my job... I print around 30/40 pages a day but I turn it on and off at least every 3/4 pages. I always print with draft resolution (that anyway looks good) and I change the colour ink every 3/4 weeks and the black every 2/3 months, and you can get quite cheep cartridges...
If it was only a bit lighter would be perfect, but I see the Canon portable printer and wasn't looking any lighter!
on 4 March 2014
Very nice piece of kit with blue tooth facility and I love it. Have had it for some time now and although it was not cheap I believe it has been well worth the money. Would definitely recommend it.
on 11 August 2014
Am delighted with this little printer. It is very compact, comes with power chargers for the UK, Continent and another (no idea where that one will work). It took a while (OK hours!) to figure out how to get it to work with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 by Bluetooth but once I found a way and they were talking to each other, it happily printed everything I wanted. I also connected it by USB cable (not included in printer's package - why not?) to my little Dell Netbook which runs Windows XP. Again simple to do once I had downloaded the printer's drivers from the CD to the Netbook. It prints beautifully by USB with no problem loading pages. Only had it a week but so far, so good. Highly recommended.
on 9 July 2015
When it works, it is great. I have now had 2 of these and both have been returned over s period of a year. The 2nd one was a replacement for the 1st one when the Bluetooth never worked and had communication errors all the time. I sent it back after it stopped working with a cable. The replacement worked for a month. Then it kept saying there was a printer jam, but there wasn't. Then it wouldn't communicate. So after a year I have been given my money back. By comparison, the H470 I had before it was trouble free for 5 years.