on 13 January 2013
Excellent product- lovely and light to carry- and light touch keys with a good sound. Just what i wanted and hope it will be in use for years to come.
on 7 July 2014
Basic keyboard reasonable quality, midi in and out which is what I wanted. Enough keys to cover 99% of most peoples needs I think, if you need more, well good for you! Download the manual to see what it can do, make sure it has all you need.
on 13 July 2015
Bought this keyboard as a sort of upgrade from my Yamaha E433 keyboard (61 keys) for more keys and a richer sound. The sound quality is exceptionally good for the price, it hasn't blown me away, but for the price it's pretty damn good. A major plus point of this keyboard is that it is really lightweight and compact - it takes so little effort to lift (5.7kg,) and so I will definitely be taking this gem with me to gigs and music sessions.

Only thing I am really going to need to get used to is the number of keys (the keyboard's range is an E0 to a G6.) My fingers are going to have to get used to this because, for example I can't play a D octave in the bass using a D0, I have to use a D1 and D2. This is perhaps me nitpicking though.

Overall thoroughly recommended for beginners or pro players on a budget, like myself.
on 23 January 2013
I've always believed that playing musical instruments boosts IQ. So I wanted something which can seduce my 5 year old granddaughter to discover the joy of playing music.
I took the following criteria into consideration:
1. Keyboard as it offers the best foundation.
2. 76 keys as I read that 98% of the existing pieces can be played.
3. Yamaha as it was considered a dynamic keyboard, which reflects very well the player's finger movements, acceleration.
4. Silver colour, because my wife said black needs constant dusting.
5. Light and portable so we can take it when we visit other relatives and we can play together.
Ordered on 22rd December from Norman Music and it was delivered on 24th.
For the time being I placed it on an ironing board to find the right hight, I intend to buy an X stand. So we can put it away when space is needed. I kept the original box which is a very slim, upright storage space next to a bookshelf.
Bought a headset too, but not Yamaha that is far too expensive,
I play every morning before going to work and evening when I get home and my granddaughter wants to learn how to play.
Will write an Android app to listen on Midi-port and compare the played note with the scores.
It is an inspiring acquisition.
on 20 January 2014
A very good piano with nice sound quality ! Good for beginners-pro level ! :D
And certainly its economic keyboard
on 23 January 2012
my grandaughter hoped we would buy this for her birthday and of course we did. she is over the moon with it and is
going to have lessons in the near future. i myself love the strings sound and the different piano sounds it has.
on 27 November 2012
I bought the NP31 as a second keyboard for use with a Tyros 4 - with a few bits of wood I got it to sit on the front of the Tyros stand with the Tyros on top. I used the Yamaha Club Registick4 to set it all up electronically and voice-wise, with a Ketron pedal-board and a couple of MIDI cables from Mr Amazon as the final touch for a workable organ.
As a stand alone Piano keyboard I imagine the NP31 would be very serviceable with its on-board stereo speakers and choice of dual voices. Just the job for a Christmas sing-a-long.
on 11 January 2015