on 6 September 2012
This item is great. Is made of a good quality. This item does fold easily; no you can't just snap it shut, as the tray stops you doing that, but it takes less than half a minute to quickly unscrew the red caps and pull the 4 screws through. I don't think you'd find many easels that could fold flat with the storage tray still in place. Seems sturdy and I like the idea of the paper roll on the top, if you pull the paper down the whiteboard side then you have the option to anchor the paper with magnets. So many different uses, painting, chalk, whiteboard, crayons and magnets. Such a nice toy to have fun and learn with, plus the added bonus of keeping all the mess in one area of the house.
on 16 February 2012
I am happy with this easel overall but was very disapointed to find that it does not easily fold up as stated in the write up and other consumer reviews.
It is a solid product and a good hight for my 3 year old son and his 1 year old twin brothers. It feels as if it will stand the test of time and the paper holder at the top of the easel is excelent. Unfornunatly to fold the easel you must remove two screws. I am able to remove the screws with my fingers and do not need a screwdriver but this is still a major inconvenience for me as a very busy mum of three.
We chose this easel because it was stated in previous posts that it folded with ease. This is not the case.
on 5 October 2015
We originally bought a chalkboard from Ikea for our children but found the board to quickly lose its quality. So we took a chance on this one. Its still going stong a year later and my daughter especially loves the paper roll for when she wants to draw with crayons instead. The reason I am giving 4 stars instead 5 is purely because I don't think it is tall enough. Even my 3 year old appears to be too tall for it when standing but kids being kids they are more than happy to kneal when using the board.
on 15 April 2015
The white board magnetic sheet was not fitted into the board securely and pulled right out within seconds. Apart from the obvious damage to the product, the sheet is metallic with sharp edges that can cause cuts making this a safety hazard. Very disappointing.
on 20 December 2014
What a lovely traditional wooden easel. It is sturdy and appears to be well made. Blackboard on one side and magnetic whiteboard on the other side. Love the roll of paper on top. Just right for painting and the drips go on the tray, not the floor. My only slight grumble is that it is not as easy as they make out to fold away. You have to unscrew the bottom tray but it only takes a minute or two.
on 6 February 2016
Our (just turned 3 year old) granddaughter loves it! It would get 5 starts if it was easier to remove the tray and fold it up. but otherwise it is quite sturdy and stable, and the paper roll at the top is good. We chose it because it has a magnetic whiteboard which some other easels do not.
I bought this for two grandchildren, aged 3.5 and 1.5 and it was a great success. It is sturdy, well made, and arrived promptly, wrapped in bubble wrap in a sturdy box, and so was without any damage. Assembly took just a few minutes. It has both a black board and a magnetic white board, the quality of which are both excellent. Both are easy to clean, but of course the correct markers must be used on the white board. The fitting for the roll of drawing paper supplied is practical, with a bar to prevent the paper rolling up if used on the black side. If used on the white side, the paper can be anchored using magnetic letters. The fitted tray provides a useful parking place for crayons, magnetic letters etc that otherwise end up on the floor. It does however mean that to fold up the easel one has to undo four bolts, but this can be done without any tools because the 'nut' is a plastic 'wheel' that is easy to turn by hand. Although not the cheapest children's easel on the market, it is still very good value for money, and from its quality and sturdy construction I am confident it will provide lots of fun for several years to come, as well as being of educational value.
on 2 January 2013
I bought this as a Christmas present for my 3 1/2 year old grandaughter who loves drawing and painting, but also with her 1 1/2 year old sister in mind. It was an instant success and has already been used loads by both of them. It is very sturdy so can cope with a toddler and is a suitable height for both of them. One reason why I chose this one is that it has a magnetic whiteboard and we also bought magnetic letters. Most cheaper models don't have magnetic whiteboards. As they have a large bedroom we weren't bothered about it folding. But anyway I think screwing the tray in place is one of the things that makes it sturdy. All in all, a great product and a fantastic Christmas present.
on 21 January 2015
Excellent product. I bought it for my grand-daughter for Christmas and she thinks its wonderful. The magnetic surface is just right and she loves wiping both surfaces clean. I am so glad I bought this. Thank you.
on 1 January 2014
Just the right for my 2.5year old grandson. He loves drawing and painting on the paper and chalking on the blackboard. We have magnetic letters and words for when he is ready.