Colour: Multi|Package Quantity: 1|Change

on 28 November 2014
I wanted this product a long time and I would have paid full retail for it but it came on a lightning deal for £4/5 which is amazing value, this is a Christmas present for our twins so it's not been put through its paces yet but we quickly demonstrated it to them to see there reaction for this review and they were overjoyed with the animal noises and nursery rhymes.

1st impressions is its well made strong and sturdy, 2 kinds of plastic a smooth purple on top then the soft rough plastic on the bottom in green and purple base. The letters are coloured red, yellow, green and blue but it seems to be that pattern from A to L but M should be red and is yellow ( as in picture advertised ).

The dinosaurs head swivels 180* and locks in when pushed all the way left or right also has a blue button on head which sings the alphabet song and lights up red when speaking or singing.

There are 3 modes, you change the mode by moving a little orange dragonfly left (music mode, letter mode, colour mode) and right ..
Music mode which plays nursery rhymes if you click on any letter and 1 song each letter so no repeats ! :)
Letter mode which clicking a letter will pronounce that letter a sound and word affiliated with that letter.
Colour mode which pronounces the colour of the button clicked.

It's got some shapes with patterns up and down the back. Next to the mode selector is a switch for off, quiet and loud.

Requires x2 AA batteries (included) but does state for store use only and should be replaced.

Sound quality is superb and the animal noises were authentic.

Overall I can see a lot of educational use from this toy but it's generally just a fun toy, not the brightest of toys but has many uses to keep a baby entertained also the ability to have this toy associate the letter to your babys first letter of there name, how you do this I do not know as I have not taken it out of box but once opened and I have read how to do it I will update this review. Also in British voices so Z is pronounced as Z and not Zzzz.

Hope this review helps, happy purchasing and thanks for reading.

UPDATE

I forgot to mention as many others have about X to be honest I'm tired of hearing xray and xylophone I wouldn't exactly say is interesting either, exit made me and my partner giggle as much as it's wrong, I have no problem with it my children are gonna learn from so many sources that I doubt they will even notice and if they did it wouldn't be a hard thing to remedy. I see how it could be a problem for some parents but my personal opinion is I'm not bothered.
on 4 October 2012
I am aware that Leapfrog market this toy for 12-36 month old children but my 6 month old daughter loves it! I really like the three different modes, when you press each button along Lettersaurus's spine, mode 1 - a different nursery rhyme is played, mode 2 - letters, mode 3 - colours! You can adjust the volume to medium or high and when you press the button on Lettersaurus's head it flashes and plays the alphabet song. I think that my daughter will get a lot more out of it when she is older and is learning the alphabet, colours and words but even now she loves it. I am aware that you can personalise the Lettersaurus so that when your child presses the letter corresponding to the first letter of their name Lettersaurus does some special, but I haven't got around to doing that yet. I would wholeheartedly recommend this toy.
on 7 September 2011
This is really a good buy. Keep my baby boy busy, he just sit on the sofa and keep pressing the buttons for different songs. I'm not sure how many different songs but I think it's more than 3 and the most important thing is keep my son happy. Two thumbs up for LeapFrog! and Thanks to Amazon for the speedy delivery!
on 22 January 2013
I can't understand how they could make such a mistake to put Exit for the letter X so I e-mailed them and this is the response they gave....
Hi,

Thanks for your recent correspondence!

Your concern has been reviewed by both our Marketing and the Educational Advisory Teams. All our products are vetted by United Kingdom educational experts to ensure the highest quality and customer satisfaction.

They have informed me that we use the most common words to illustrate the pronunciation of the letter. This is regardless of the location, we also make sure that the audios do not state that the word ?starts or begins? with a particular letter.

While there are some words that start with the NAME of the letter (x-ray) and there are words that start with a less common sound for x (xylophone), there are no words that start with the most common SOUND for X (ks). This is why Lettersaurus uses a word with the X sound in the middle.

We hope this alleviates your concerns surrounding the content of this particular toy,

Regards

Leapfrog
44 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 May 2013
I bought this toy for my nephew's second birthday and he LOVES it! The dinosaur has A VERY ANNOYING song that can be played time and time again, much to the annoyance of all of us adults but my nephew dances along! The buttons on the back of the dinosaur have many functions such as colours, the alphabet and a piano. There are so many things this dinosaur can do that 2 months later this is still a favourite toy and not something that has been resigned to the back of the toy cupboard! Its a good size, sturdy toy. Not something that can be carried about for a day out, its more of a toy for playing with on the floor. The nicest touch is that you can program the toy to say your childs name when they press the letter button that relates to their name- my nephew goes bonkers when he hears the dinosaur saying his name. I cannot recommend this enough, it is so multifunctional that it keeps a childs interest really well!
on 8 January 2012
My six month old adores his Lettersauraus. He can just about manage to press the buttons to set off the music by himself. It is great that there are three settings for colours, music and letters for a bit of variety. The voice recording is quite sweet and hasn't got on my nerves yet! The two volume settings are also perfect. It is a robust, colourful toy which has kept him entertained for a good while already. I would recommend this toy.
on 27 May 2016
This is such a lovely toy, and with 3 different play modes, it earns its money. Colourful and well made toy with volume adjustment and flashing light. My tot loves all the different songs, including row row you boat, pop goes the weasel and bah bah black sheep, to name a few.
on 11 January 2016
Got this for my new Grandson, though never noticed what age group it is for...Daughter tells me I have his next Christmas now.....Item is from 12 mths !
Having said that, My Daughter is in love with it ! the colours, and the lovely sounds it makes.
Well worth the buy.....Just make sure, unlike me, you get it for the right babies age ;0)
on 6 January 2016
I bought this as a first birthday gift for grandchild number 7, and he loved it as soon as he saw it. He quickly grasped how to make it play the alphabet song and played it over and over, while attempting to dance to it. It will probably drive his Mum nuts, though.
on 9 January 2016
I bought this for my God daughter. She loved it. When it arrived the batteries were flat and I had to try and get it out of the box to put in new batteries and find a weeny screwdriver. As it was a present it was annoying that the box was a bit battered after wrestling with it to put in new batteries.