Colour: MultiPackage Quantity: 1Change
Price:£14.25+ Free shipping

on 28 November 2014
I wanted this product a long time and I would have paid full retail for it but it came on a lightning deal for £4/5 which is amazing value, this is a Christmas present for our twins so it's not been put through its paces yet but we quickly demonstrated it to them to see there reaction for this review and they were overjoyed with the animal noises and nursery rhymes.

1st impressions is its well made strong and sturdy, 2 kinds of plastic a smooth purple on top then the soft rough plastic on the bottom in green and purple base. The letters are coloured red, yellow, green and blue but it seems to be that pattern from A to L but M should be red and is yellow ( as in picture advertised ).

The dinosaurs head swivels 180* and locks in when pushed all the way left or right also has a blue button on head which sings the alphabet song and lights up red when speaking or singing.

There are 3 modes, you change the mode by moving a little orange dragonfly left (music mode, letter mode, colour mode) and right ..
Music mode which plays nursery rhymes if you click on any letter and 1 song each letter so no repeats ! :)
Letter mode which clicking a letter will pronounce that letter a sound and word affiliated with that letter.
Colour mode which pronounces the colour of the button clicked.

It's got some shapes with patterns up and down the back. Next to the mode selector is a switch for off, quiet and loud.

Requires x2 AA batteries (included) but does state for store use only and should be replaced.

Sound quality is superb and the animal noises were authentic.

Overall I can see a lot of educational use from this toy but it's generally just a fun toy, not the brightest of toys but has many uses to keep a baby entertained also the ability to have this toy associate the letter to your babys first letter of there name, how you do this I do not know as I have not taken it out of box but once opened and I have read how to do it I will update this review. Also in British voices so Z is pronounced as Z and not Zzzz.

Hope this review helps, happy purchasing and thanks for reading.

UPDATE

I forgot to mention as many others have about X to be honest I'm tired of hearing xray and xylophone I wouldn't exactly say is interesting either, exit made me and my partner giggle as much as it's wrong, I have no problem with it my children are gonna learn from so many sources that I doubt they will even notice and if they did it wouldn't be a hard thing to remedy. I see how it could be a problem for some parents but my personal opinion is I'm not bothered.
11 comment18 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 October 2012
I am aware that Leapfrog market this toy for 12-36 month old children but my 6 month old daughter loves it! I really like the three different modes, when you press each button along Lettersaurus's spine, mode 1 - a different nursery rhyme is played, mode 2 - letters, mode 3 - colours! You can adjust the volume to medium or high and when you press the button on Lettersaurus's head it flashes and plays the alphabet song. I think that my daughter will get a lot more out of it when she is older and is learning the alphabet, colours and words but even now she loves it. I am aware that you can personalise the Lettersaurus so that when your child presses the letter corresponding to the first letter of their name Lettersaurus does some special, but I haven't got around to doing that yet. I would wholeheartedly recommend this toy.
0Comment39 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 September 2011
This is really a good buy. Keep my baby boy busy, he just sit on the sofa and keep pressing the buttons for different songs. I'm not sure how many different songs but I think it's more than 3 and the most important thing is keep my son happy. Two thumbs up for LeapFrog! and Thanks to Amazon for the speedy delivery!
0Comment24 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This was a really great toy. My little girl loved playing with it and it was also one of the toys that was not too irritating and had a lot of variation.

However, it now repeats the same thing over and over again, even when the toy hasn't been touched. It has to remain permanently off and can no longer be used as it seems to only want to play one thing. It isn't the batteries - it simply doesn't work any longer - which is a real shame :(
on 22 January 2013
I can't understand how they could make such a mistake to put Exit for the letter X so I e-mailed them and this is the response they gave....
Hi,

Thanks for your recent correspondence!

Your concern has been reviewed by both our Marketing and the Educational Advisory Teams. All our products are vetted by United Kingdom educational experts to ensure the highest quality and customer satisfaction.

They have informed me that we use the most common words to illustrate the pronunciation of the letter. This is regardless of the location, we also make sure that the audios do not state that the word ?starts or begins? with a particular letter.

While there are some words that start with the NAME of the letter (x-ray) and there are words that start with a less common sound for x (xylophone), there are no words that start with the most common SOUND for X (ks). This is why Lettersaurus uses a word with the X sound in the middle.

We hope this alleviates your concerns surrounding the content of this particular toy,

Regards

Leapfrog
44 comments27 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 January 2016
Well here goes please bear with me as this is my 1st review arrived quickly (before stated date) so first star, cheapest I've seen so second star now on to the product I really didn't read that much about it as I've glimpsed at them on the shelf while still shopping so had a fair idea that it taught the alphabet but to my surprise it teaches a lot more i.e colours (only 5) and it also can learn the first letter of your child's name now I've not had a proper look yet as its for my wee girls 2nd birthday next week so will update my review after she has had a good play lol but all looks good it's a trusted brand we all know and love, size is perfect for small hands and its bright and colourful I'm very pleased with it and I recommend as I'm sure my son will play with it when he's a bit older( he's only 4 months at the moment ) but looks for it when it speaks so as stated I recommend to all family especially at this price as I've seen them priced at £19.99 so for £7.79 or what ever the pence was well worth it
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 January 2012
My six month old adores his Lettersauraus. He can just about manage to press the buttons to set off the music by himself. It is great that there are three settings for colours, music and letters for a bit of variety. The voice recording is quite sweet and hasn't got on my nerves yet! The two volume settings are also perfect. It is a robust, colourful toy which has kept him entertained for a good while already. I would recommend this toy.
on 5 October 2015
Brilliant till you get to letter x and the word is exit hmmm someone needs to go back to school
on 31 May 2013
I bought this toy for my nephew's second birthday and he LOVES it! The dinosaur has A VERY ANNOYING song that can be played time and time again, much to the annoyance of all of us adults but my nephew dances along! The buttons on the back of the dinosaur have many functions such as colours, the alphabet and a piano. There are so many things this dinosaur can do that 2 months later this is still a favourite toy and not something that has been resigned to the back of the toy cupboard! Its a good size, sturdy toy. Not something that can be carried about for a day out, its more of a toy for playing with on the floor. The nicest touch is that you can program the toy to say your childs name when they press the letter button that relates to their name- my nephew goes bonkers when he hears the dinosaur saying his name. I cannot recommend this enough, it is so multifunctional that it keeps a childs interest really well!
on 22 November 2012
bought this for my sons first he had many toys but this seems to be his favourite he goes back to it time and time again, its pretty educational and entertaining its brill val for money & arrived pretty quickly