on 21 November 2011
Lovely little lightweight bike with beutiful metalic paint, but, it is very small. It's too small for my average height just turned 4 year old son. If your looking for a younger child I'd recommend this but, not for anyone 4 or over.
0Comment47 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 February 2012
For a boy's second birthday was a great success. He was thrilled unwrapping it. He can't sit properly yet but it works anyway!.
on 29 December 2013
My son 2y6m old got bike for Christmas (5 days ago) and it's been a hit.

Bike is light, seat could be set really low so my son was able to start using it instantly, he is 95cm (we started with seat 1 cm above minimum, now about 4cm).

Steering comes with some resistance, this might actually be good as some sources advice starting with bike with fixed front well...
I really looks that at this initial stage break are not needed.

We have been using the bike everyday. Today my son has done 6km off road (forest paths).

Few issues:
* one real issue: domed nuts holding rear wheel stand out a bit and my son hit them few times. We are now using his winter boots so not a big deal. In summer it could have been different story.
* also, plastic wheels do not give impression of durability and do not grip well on hardwood floors, on the other hand they are light
on 17 February 2014
Suited for little children. My 2 years old daughter is only 82 cm tall, but she can already use it.
on 28 December 2013
I got this as a Christmas present for my 19 month old girl. The seat is at the lowest position and she just reaches the ground with her feet. So I would say it is for children that are 20 months and up to about 3 years old. The bike looks great and seems to be sturdy, but I'm not sure about how well the plastic tires will grip the road because so far she has only used it indoors.

Some argue that balance bikes are a waste of money or that you can get a real bike and remove the pedals. My opinion is that the hardest part of bicycling is balancing which I believe is easier to learn with a balance bike than a bike with training wheels. For £16 which I paid for the balance bike I don't have to bother wasting time or money on tools to remove the pedals from an ordinary bike.
on 14 July 2015
I bought that wee bike for my wee boy, 1 year and 10 moths old. And I have to say, great deal for good price.
Advert suggest that its for kids 3-5 years. IMHO it should be rather for kids 2-3, bike is really small. But easy to montage, very light and just simply very well designed.
on 8 September 2012
My kid is 2.5yrs, he has both a wooden and metal bike. Before I always preferred the wooden ones, thinking they're the creme de la creme of balance bikes. However, i've now switch over to the metal version. This bike is at an amazing price compared to wooden bikes and i think better for the following reasons.

It is lighter (very light), this means when your kids tires of it, your not stuck with a heavy wooden bike to carry home. The wooden one we have is very heavy compared to this. Thus, it is now relegated to the Grandparents house. I do think though it is smaller than the wooden ones, which makes it a perfect size for a younger child. I think even for a child just turned 2 years and a bit.

As it's lighter the child can pick the bike up/push it themselves, which is useful when we enter the supermarket. Also, ideal when they fall with the bike.

Don't let the price make you think your buying a 2nd class product, it's simply not true and i'm surprised that it is being sold so cheaply. This in one of those buys where buying the cheapest is also buying the best. These type of bargains don't come around that often!
on 22 October 2013
Fantastic price! I cannot fault it. My 2 year old loves it. Good quality, why buy a more expensive one?
on 7 December 2015
Great little balance bike.
Size...
The age range of 3+ is way off the mark in terms of size.
We got this bike as it was one of the smaller models available and were looking for a bike for our then 18month old. At the time his inside leg was around 28cms, he’s now around 2.5 years and the bike is reaching the top limit of the seat post (he’s now got an inside leg of around 32-33cm). I guess by the time he reaches 3 the bike will be too small.
Wheels...
The bullet has 25cm wheels which in comparison to some bike in this size range is on the small size, the smaller wheel size mean that bike cant tackle as many obstacles as its competitors and will likely go a little less fast; that said my son can still go faster than i can walk so don’t worry about speed being an issue.

Durability...
A little over a year in and the bike is doing well, the saddle has a little rip in it, but i just put a bit of black electrical tape over and it pretty well hidden. Paint work has had a few dinks but its still looking pretty good.

Conclusion...
I would absolutely recommend this, but maybe from 18-36month as an age range. We got a safety helmet set at the same time Riderz Boys' Bike Helmet and Pads Set. There should be a link attached to the review. This helmet was okay for an 18month old with a beanie underneath, for a 2year old no beanie required.
review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 November 2014
I bought this for a three year old's birthday gift and was happy enough with the product for the most part, however a couple of issues have reduced the star rating. The wheels are a cheap plastic and may split easily, something difficult to discern from images. The main issue however was that the seat does not adjust very far and will not last very long for a three year old (a small three year old at that). The seat had to be pulled all the way up to be comfortable and will not go further, so it is unlikely to last for the full age range specified.