TOP 50 REVIEWERon 19 July 2013
I went to a seminar on Hendricks Gin at the Brighton Festival last year and learned quite a lot about Hendricks which is a brand I had not come across before. The samples were a bit eye watering and included the 80% proof raw spirit which is an ingredient! Apparently Hendricks is distilled using an amalgam of the traditional London Dry Gin straight distilling method and the infusion method used with botanicals such as Bombay Sapphire. Tanqueray Ten is another premium brand, recently introduced using this method.

The business plan, apparently, was that Hendricks would be a success if 1% of gin drinkers preferred it. However, this is an excellent gin and I would think its fans number a lot higher than that. I would certainly recommend you try this brand if you have not already done so.

As a final titbit from the seminar, more new brands of gin have been introduced in the last ten years than in the previous century which must be good news for all gin drinkers.
My progression in gin throughout my life has gone from Gordon’s, to Bombay Sapphire and now I have progressed to Hendricks and I have to say I don’t ever want to go back (although I still do like Bombay Sapphire I must say); I prefer Hendricks to all other gins I have tried.

I like to have the occasional gin and tonic and never drink Gin neat. I received this for my birthday with some Fever Tree tonic water and it’s the best gin and tonic I’ve ever had. The Gin is less harsh than other brands I’ve tried and upon opening it sounds silly to say but it always smells pleasant and fresh and has a great aroma that I haven’t experienced with other gins. A small but nice thing too is the bottle which is so different and looks great on my shelf.

I have wanted to try Hendricks gin for some time now and I wish I had sooner, an excellent gin that I would recommend above all others. Bombay Sapphire is a close second but Hendricks just has a more subtle taste and is slightly less harsh in my opinion.
on 11 July 2015
My favourite gin ever! I have recommended this to so many people and converted them to gin drinkers, hopefully not alcoholics! Absolutely wonderful and refreshing when a slice of cucumber and some ice are added with tonic water. I can't recommend this enough. Buy it. You won't be disappointed. (I hope)
on 3 November 2011
Basically, all other Gins pale in comparison. You can drink this Gin neat it is so smooth. I didn't believe it would be but was so surprised. The flavour is complex and unique, and not harsh like the more famous brands. Do not put any lemon in the first time you have it - just tonic water, then experiment with lemon later, as too much can kill the wonderful flavour - a bit like over-salting a good meal. For me, I don't have any lemon with it, just a sugar based tonic(no sweeteners - these can be hard to find, but Sainsburys do one which helps bring through the full flavour of the Gin. The best widely availble Gin ever, no hesitation.
0Comment21 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 November 2013
Only recently was I introduced to Hendricks by a friend. Absolutely gorgeous & IMO far, far better than Bombay Saphire.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 18 July 2013

The business plan, apparently, was that Hendricks would be a success if 1% of gin drinkers preferred it. However, this is an excellent gin and I would think its fans number a lot higher than that. This is a premium priced brand and the quoted price here is not particularly greedy. I would certainly recommend you try this brand if you have not already done so.

As a final titbit from the seminar, more new brands of gin have been introduced in the last ten years than in the previous century which must be good news for all gin drinkers, me included.
0Comment8 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 January 2016
Bought as a Christmas present for my father. Normally buy him that blue bottle; but thought I would try something different. He says it is excellent, tastes fantastic and he likes the fact that the proof is just that little bit higher !
on 2 February 2011
You cannot go wrong with a Hendricks gin and tonic, it is a cut above more well known brands of gin. I recently introduced a friend to Hendricks and they loved it. This is a gin I have no hesitation in recommending.
11 comment5 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2015
Hendricks is the best gin in the world. I've had it many times before and never fail to enjoy drinking it. Wonderfully smooth with a taste of its own.
on 2 November 2015
My favourite gin by miles. Love the taste, it blows similar priced ones out of the water in my opinion! A great buy, always goes down very well.