TOP 50 REVIEWERon 19 July 2013
I went to a seminar on Hendricks Gin at the Brighton Festival last year and learned quite a lot about Hendricks which is a brand I had not come across before. The samples were a bit eye watering and included the 80% proof raw spirit which is an ingredient! Apparently Hendricks is distilled using an amalgam of the traditional London Dry Gin straight distilling method and the infusion method used with botanicals such as Bombay Sapphire. Tanqueray Ten is another premium brand, recently introduced using this method.

The business plan, apparently, was that Hendricks would be a success if 1% of gin drinkers preferred it. However, this is an excellent gin and I would think its fans number a lot higher than that. I would certainly recommend you try this brand if you have not already done so.

As a final titbit from the seminar, more new brands of gin have been introduced in the last ten years than in the previous century which must be good news for all gin drinkers.
on 11 July 2015
My favourite gin ever! I have recommended this to so many people and converted them to gin drinkers, hopefully not alcoholics! Absolutely wonderful and refreshing when a slice of cucumber and some ice are added with tonic water. I can't recommend this enough. Buy it. You won't be disappointed. (I hope)
on 7 April 2016
What do you buy the Mrs when she tells you she doesn't need anything???? You buy her a Bottle of Premium Gin in a fantastic looking bottle, is it Gin or Medicine???
Well the Wife no longer wants her usual Bombay Sapphire Gin, it hs to be a Large Hendricks at the end of a hard day to relax & recharge her batteries, Gin or Medicine??!!!!!!!!
Have gained loads of "Brownie Points!" from the purchase of this and have already needed to replenish stocks!
on 3 November 2011
Basically, all other Gins pale in comparison. You can drink this Gin neat it is so smooth. I didn't believe it would be but was so surprised. The flavour is complex and unique, and not harsh like the more famous brands. Do not put any lemon in the first time you have it - just tonic water, then experiment with lemon later, as too much can kill the wonderful flavour - a bit like over-salting a good meal. For me, I don't have any lemon with it, just a sugar based tonic(no sweeteners - these can be hard to find, but Sainsburys do one which helps bring through the full flavour of the Gin. The best widely availble Gin ever, no hesitation.
on 2 January 2016
Bought as a Christmas present for my father. Normally buy him that blue bottle; but thought I would try something different. He says it is excellent, tastes fantastic and he likes the fact that the proof is just that little bit higher !
on 4 May 2016
To be fair, they clearly say that this is not the gin for everyone and it is not the gin for me. It is far too vegetal for me - I prefer something brighter and more aromatic. It's okay in a G&T with cucumber, which seems to be what it was designed for, But I won't buy again.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 18 July 2013

The business plan, apparently, was that Hendricks would be a success if 1% of gin drinkers preferred it. However, this is an excellent gin and I would think its fans number a lot higher than that. This is a premium priced brand and the quoted price here is not particularly greedy. I would certainly recommend you try this brand if you have not already done so.

As a final titbit from the seminar, more new brands of gin have been introduced in the last ten years than in the previous century which must be good news for all gin drinkers, me included.
on 25 November 2015
The best way to enjoy this is as follows. Keep the gin and the Fevertree tonic in the fridge.

Put one ice cube in the glass. Add one shot of gin and two shots of tonic.(Most people I tested prefer 2 but I prefer 1.5 )
Do NOT add cucumber on any other rubbish. Just enjoy the flavour you will discover was always there, but masked by additives in lousy tonic, unnecessary lemon/lime/fruit/vegetables, and the varying dilution over time of too much melting ice.

Yes I know I'm being picky but try it. You will be amazed.
on 14 June 2015
This has to be my favourite gin of all time! Beautifully balanced botanicals but mellow at the same time so as not to overpower the palate. I like to serve it with strips of cucumber and a few dried rose petals, or with the old faithful wedge of lime.
on 12 November 2013
Only recently was I introduced to Hendricks by a friend. Absolutely gorgeous & IMO far, far better than Bombay Saphire.