on 11 June 2012
Having just bought this product, thought I had to add my comments. This is the best fryer I have ever owned, it is just the right size for myself and my two grandchildren,(who had given up on making chips, as fryers are so hard to keep clean, and take up half the kitchen !!) This little gem is ideal, easy to keep clean, and easy to store. Have not had any problems with the lid opening as others have posted on here, opens every time with no bother. We have lovely chips every time, also crispy chicken, cooked to perfection, I would recommend this fryer to anyone, it is a great buy, and very reasonably priced too.
0Comment29 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 October 2011
Used this three times now and it's worked perfectly. No sign of a sticking lid. Three 500g blocks of vegetable fat give an oil level that's exactly mid-way between the min and max level lines. Early days yet but so far I'm very happy.
22 comments17 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 August 2012
really great deep fat fryer, does what it says on label and the outer wall does not get get hot :)
on 16 November 2011
Pleased with a speedy delivery. It's easy to use and makes lovely chips. No mess to clean up afterwards which makes life easy. Only wish I'd purchased one sooner.
11 comment12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 December 2012
I bought one of these a few months ago and will be binning it and buying something else. It was clearly designed by an idiot. The lid comes off its hinges without warning during use which is incredibly dangerous when you are in the middle of frying something, then you can't safely put it back on and the whole house ends up full of oily steam, nice! Also, nothing but the stupid lid comes apart for cleaning so you can't clean it properly at all. You have to decant the oil from the fryer because the bowl doesn't come out and then you can't wash it out because you can't immerse an electrical product in hot soapy water so I ended up just wiping it out with wet kitchen roll which was not very effective. I hate this deep fat fryer and don't reccomend it to anyone.
22 comments14 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2011
Size is good, easy to clean, the basket is very easy to handle. Very good for the value. the only drawback is that the fryer has not got a power switch. Overall, I would recommend this product to a friend.
VINE VOICEon 13 January 2013
we bought this as a present and its been perfect.

Nice and compact with a decent lid and cool sides. Not big enough for a families chips but fine for individual items - which is why it was purchased.

Recommended if you only want a small fryer.
on 21 July 2012
I've only used the Tefal deep fryer once (for some french fries) and it worked very well. It took a bit longer than I would have thought, as the fries weren't particularly thick. But they came out very good. Easy to clean as well.
on 7 December 2012
This little fryer is compact, easy to clean, Straight forward and uncomplicated to use, just brilliant! I really love it!
on 16 December 2012
Pretty good. It is compact, easy to use, clean up and store away. Does what it's supposed to do and does it well.

See one answered question