on 14 January 2012
I bought these crackers as I am used to having crackers with cheese, ham etc. They do have an unusual consistency - a bit bark like - but you do get used to it quickly and they are mostly flavourless. I eat them with Peanut butter/cream cheese and find them fine. I would recommend them to any one on Atkins, they are worth a try and you can buy them in single packs as well just to try them out. They can make all the difference on those days when your not very hungry and dont fancy meat AGAIN!!
on 26 January 2015
The people who think these crackers are disgusting obviously do not know what knäckebröd (crispbread) is and how it is supposed to taste. If by "crackers" you expect something similar to Tuc or some other kind of "cracker for cheese" common in the UK, then yes, you are in for a rude shock. This product, while making necessary modifications to the recipe to make it low-carb, does not taste significantly more vile than ordinary Scandinavian-style high-fibre knäckebröd, which is what it is. You have to put something on it like cream cheese (it is a type of dry bread, remember), chew it well and drink a lot of liquid with it, and you'll be fine.
on 4 April 2013
They are lovely with butter and make a nice change to have instead of salad for lunch. I buy them at my local Nutricentre health food shop for £1.49 a packet, so the Amazon price for 4 packets is not the cheapest.
22 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 May 2015
Love them! Better than conventional crispbread, even Ryevita, my previous favourite. Great for low carb / Atkins especially if you don't have time to make One Minute Muffin (one minute to microwave, but 20 mins start to end!). Spread them with lots of butter and some Marmite and they are delicious. Lovely crunchy texture, quite thick slices. Or make an open sandwich with cold meat, fish, cheese, pickles etc.
on 23 June 2012
These arent very nice really but due to limited availability of low carb products in the UK I find them a useful lunch topped with some cheese.
on 16 December 2015
I know its "diet" food but dear lord no wonder people give up dieting if THIS is what option you have!
I must admit the Atkins suits (suited) me as a dieter but, these have been sent from the devil himself. I imagine the office in the bowels of hell where their workers sit is totally wall-less as they have packaged their drywall into these fancy little packages for those who are not only prepared to spend an extortionate amount of money but are looking to finally treat themselves after giving up any little amount of joy gained from food.
I have a packet left that is now over a year old and is still in the same (tasteless) state it was in when I brought it! It has not become the usual soft, bendy cracker (and possibly, slightly more edible) so, I guess its shelf life is as old as life itself and will continue to out live us which would be a positive for this item.
Please, however desperate you get on your diet I implore you - do not fall for the devils charms and spend your money on an old cheap keep fit dvd to speed up the weight loss! Good luck :)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 January 2014
When on the Atkins its a constant challenge to substitute bread and crackers. These are ok especially when you put a strong tasting topping on , a bit dry but I have got used to them and they are filling. A lot depends on your own taste, but they are not like normal crackers, but then they may have lots of carbs!
on 30 June 2012
They taste ok but they are very dry and crumbly and I almost choked on them several times as they fall apart in the mouth and drop down over the windpipe. It's put me right off.
on 14 January 2013
Very tasty crackers. Have lost 2 1/2 stone on Atkins diet and these are a great low carb snack with cheese or tuna mayo.
on 20 February 2015
Can't complain. Low carb all d way for steady weight loss

See one answered question