Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

4.7 out of 5 stars1,415

on 15 December 2011
I bought this controller solely for gaming on my PC, as i don't own an xbox360. And really mainly to play Skyrim, as i didn't like how it controlled on the PC. The interface felt like it was made for console too much.

I am actually surprised how many games actually work with it out of the box! Titles like Skyrim, GTA 4, Overlord, Borderlands and Saints Row 3 work right away and some even display the proper buttons on the interface as soon as you use the controller. Also a lot of the indie games from steam work with the controller (for example Trine 2 and LIMBO).

If a game doesn't support it, there are plenty of tools available to bind the buttons and analog sticks to keyboard presses and/or mouse movement. This opens a whole world of customization. I've tried this with World of Warcraft and a game called VVVVVV and it worked great.

It has a descent long wire which i guess is mainly for the xbox's purpose. There is optional software that you can install to make it respond to pressing the Live button, but i don't see any use for it if you only plan to use 1 controller, so i suggest not installing it. Windows 7 (and probably Vista too) will pick up this controller right away so you don't need to install things from a cd-rom.

So in short, if you're into gaming but still prefer a PC over a console like me, this is your thing! I can safely say that pretty much every new game that comes out that is also on the consoles will work with this controller out of the box. I should have bought one of these ages ago!
2222 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 October 2014
I bought this to go with LOTR: Shadow of Mordor. I like using the keyboard for FPS titles but for rpg and other genres I ususally prefer a controller.
Maybes it just what i'm used to after years of gaming on the Playstation but it just feels right.

I was contemplating going for a wireless ps3 controller as I know there is a method to get that working on a PC, but the workaround seemed long winded and I wanted something that would simply plug and play.
I didn't waste more money on going wireless as I felt it simply wasn't needed; no extra money for charge packs / batteries etc, and no worrying about wireless connectivity.

I really could not have expected this to go any simpler. Literally plug it to any usb port and it self installs in the same manner as some usb drives do when you plu them in for the first time, (you know what I mean, the little pop up box that shows above the task bar to tell you that its all good to go). A driver disc cd comes with the controller but I cant think why anyone would need it.

So after this initial install I loaded up Shadow in the North. I was expecting to have to navigate to the options menu to manually assign the corresponding buttons on the controller. Surprisingly I could use the controller immediatley; better yet, the game knows that your using the Xbox controller and in the tutorial and throughout it explains what you need to press in reference to the Xbox button layout, i.e. It tells you to press X, Y, etc..not W,A,S,D.

I've read other reviews which indicate it may not work so seemlessly with other games but I think most modern games should work fine.

In Summary.
Like I said I wanted just a simple plug and play device and this delivered; I will likely purchase a 2nd to play fifa etc.. with friends.
I've always been a big fan of both PC and console gaming, and consoles will always have a special place in my gamers heart; but after discovering how easy it is to play with controllers like this I think I may be moving more towards just PC gaming in the future.

Good price, great functionality, great quality = Top buy
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 January 2013
bought to use with pc to play pc games. once you plug in first time, it downloads software automatically, and so far works with every game im told.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 December 2011
After years of being a keyboard and mouse elitist I've come to recognize the value of controllers for certain type of PC games - especially platformers. This controller is reasonably priced, comfortable and well laid out. The only slight let down is the D-pad.
on 25 November 2011
This controller is so useful. It's cheaper than the normal Xbox360 controller, of sturdier quality (the cable is less flexible) and it still works on Xbox360's as well as Windows PCs. It is black, therefore matches nearly all PC set-ups and I leave it next to my mouse and I can use it for games, if I need to. A vital accessory for any PC gamer. Best PC controller I know.
on 4 September 2011
I used to own an Xbox 360, but sold it to invest in a gaming PC. And it was the best thing i ever did.
I bought a Saitek P380 Duel Analog controller and the thing almost made me cry. Bad responce time and backwards controls, it was cheap and I was sorry I bought it, (still have it if anyone wants it?). So, I decided to get the Xbox 360 controller for windows, it was perfect. Exerything works like a charm and its deffinetly worth the small bit extra. Bottom line...if your looking for a controller for your windows PC, this is the only little fella you need. Top class
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 August 2012
Great controller for the PC. I bought this as I wanted to play a few PC games that I felt more comfortable with using a pad. Bought it and as soon as I plugged it in, connected straight away and worked perfectly. Love it.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 December 2012
I love playing computer games but was often made to look like a fool...
This games controller really does work with PC games. Previous controllers would sometimes work or would not link up with the program in a worthwhile manner. My controller was well packed, speedily delivered and at a good price.
on 21 August 2013
I've always used Sony Playstation controllers with a USB adaptor for PC gaming and never had any issues with them until I upgraded to a Windows 8 PC, the PS adapter I had been using on Vista and Windows 7 64 bit was instantly detected by Windows 8 but just would not work. I then bought a used PS3 controller and installed the MotioninJoy Playstation driver, connected via USB and had similar issues though this time some controls worked, some died during gameplay and some games just didn't work at all.

As a last resort I bought this and I'm pleased to say it worked on a Windows 8 machine out of the box with no drivers. I just plugged it in and was playing within a minute.
Painkiller, Saints Row 2, Saint's Row: The Third and GTA IV all played without any problems at all, and the feedback/vibration worked on the controller without any configuration or driver installation. I really don't know why Microsoft haven't updated the packaging, system information or website to show the controller is compatible with Windows 8.

This is the first time I've ever used a Xbox 360 controller and it has a nice solid feel about it, a nice balanced weight and unlike a lot of 3rd party controllers it doesn't feel cheap and nasty and it comes with a decent 3 meter (9.8ft) length cable. From a personal point of view I still prefer the Playstation controller, though until someone figures out a simple and reliable 'plug and play' method of using a PSx controller on Windows 8 then this is the best alternative.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 November 2011
Worked straight away after installation with fallout 3, oblivion and skyrim. I recommend to anyone who is thinking of using xpadder or similar software, it's really easily detected and connects easily. Next day delivery, smooth process.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse