on 17 April 2013
in these times of austerity it is very refreshing to find a good quality product like the 25m Masterplug 4 socket extension cable reel for such a minimal outlay.

i purchased it for heavy use in my medium to large sized garden and it enables me to reach every corner with my desired power tool.

i highly recommend it and for just 16.99, you really can't go wrong in my opinion!
0Comment22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 May 2013
Use for for power tools and lawn mower. Useful and easy to use, except when rewinding. I read on other reviews that rewinding has been improved by use of a guide attachment, but mine doesn't seem to have that facility.
on 6 August 2012
Had this Masterplug extension reel for a while now and frustrated to see the price has dropped by £6. However I'm still content I got a good value product, as its well made from quality materials and has so far proved faultless in operation; being used most weeks. This is in comparison to the inferior quality Silverline reel I ordered before and returned shortly after, due to the 'safety gate' becoming stuck preventing anything being plugged in.
0Comment24 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 July 2013
The title sounds quite bad but it's not really that bad a reel. The best thing is it works maybe a bit flimsy but it doesn't cost the earth and as I say"it works"
on 31 August 2012
very pleased that I chose to order this paticular model on receiving the cable reel I then
put It to work straight away saved me a lot of hassle.
on 3 November 2011
I bought this electric cable reel (at my wife's insistence) to replace an old length of electric cable that I had been using for years and which was well beyond it's safety life.
I am very pleased with this product, it has 4 sockets for electric plugs and a built-in safety cut-out switch in case it overheats if you fail to unwind it fully.
It appears to be sturdy, well made and worth spending that bit extra for a quality product.
0Comment27 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 July 2013
It is very lightweight which is an advantage in some ways, but it falls over fairly easily and the little handle thing is quite hard for my arthritic hands to grasp to wind it up, and I have to have a foot on the metal bar at the base to stop the thing from falling as I wind it. However, I might well buy another one if this one gives up!
on 12 August 2013
I bought a couple of these and I haven't been disappointed - I have another 50m reel but the weight and the fact it needs to be fully unwound when drawing higher currents means these in practice get more use. The one in the garage/garden has had very heavy use and all of the sockets continue to work smoothly without any of the issues some people have reported. The cable is good quality and as there's plenty of space on the reel, it's quick and easy to wind up without it jumping over the edge.

The one in the house remains plugged in in the porch and means the hoover will stretch to all four corners of the house (plus the end of the drive to wash/hoover the car!) plus I don't have to hunt around for an extension lead when needed.

Added bonus of being much cheaper on Amazon than local trade counter too. Triffic.
on 25 July 2013
As with most thing these days our lawnmower came with a lead which just might reach to cut a postage stamp. Rather than cut the plug off to attach extra lead we bought this (cutting the wire might invalidate the waranty). An annoying neccessity therefore. However this does the job excellently. If you have a similar problem this is well worth purchasing. The feature we like best is the reel to keep the wire neat once finished.
on 9 March 2015
For the price I think you would be hard pressed to find a better extension cable of this length with the convenience of reel storage. It is solidly made and everything about it says "quality". That it has a thermal cut out in case of over heating is a plus and the multiple output sockets have safety guards. All that is missing is the safety trip that we associate with domestic consumer units.
Clearly one should not use it in wet conditions unless connected to such a device.