on 29 December 2011
Great fitted-cut, well designed jacket. I'd like to think of it as the BMW of waterproof shells. Its so versatile, you can wear it all year round! In the winter, just put a warm fleece underneath and you're good to go! It looks very stylish and the fabric as well as being durable, feels very smooth. I've had a few (lesser) waterproof jackets in the past and none of those compare to the aesthetics and functionality of this Helly Hansen jacket. This is a must have! I'm 6ft tall and a medium size fits me well.
44 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 August 2012
Just what I was looking for.... Lightweight, waterproof and looks good.... A little expensive but you have to pay for quality I suppose... Watch the sizes for a regular fit they come up small/fitted had to exchange for a size up....
on 28 October 2013
First used this jacket in anger in Wales on the weekend of the St Jude's day storm in the UK. Kept the rain out even almost 3000ft up on the summit of Cadair Idris in a howling gale with the clouds rushing around me. Would get five stars if the hood had an adjustment at the back as well as on each side.
on 6 August 2012
This Helly Hansen rain/wind jacket is lightweight, breathable suitable for autumn, spring and rainy summer days, it has a fold-away hood (hence the big collars), cuff and waist tightners, though it is a little tight around the elbow and shoulder area hence the three stars, I would recommend someone to purchase a size bigger then their normal size but on the plus side the material is very good quality compared to other brands.
on 29 June 2016
This is an excellent jacket, fulfilling my very high expectations of HH. Everything about it is excellent, I don't need to go through every point individually.

My only criticism is that the sizing is terrible. I have another HH Workwear coat in size M, which fits just fine, even with a fleece zipped in. This jacket in size L wouldn't even do up. I have ended up with a XXL, which leaves a bit of room inside, just as I wanted. When ordering, go AT LEAST one size larger than you think you'll need. Amazon exchanged for the larger size very quickly with no fuss.
on 17 December 2014
Very stylish slim-fitting waterproof coat. Repels the wet stuff in great fashion. If you want the coat for spring, summer or autumn I'd get one that is appropriate from the sizing chart. In winter when you may need a fleece underneath you'll definitely have to go for a higher size and quite possibly two sizes larger. Of course if money isn't a problem then you could get 2 jackets of different sizes(and maybe a different colour) and cover all bases and seasons.Don't think anybody doing the latter will have any complaints.
on 26 February 2016
Nice light jacket keep you dry, been wearing it for ages and still strong has also got a hood which can be folded tucked into the collar.... Inside the jacket has got mesh lining which keeps you cool during warm weather, all in all good jacket the only reason 4 stars is the one I received had hole in one of the pockets..I felt sizing is bit tight normally large is really big for me... But this jacket large size feels more like medium.. So I would advise go one size higher all in all good jacket
on 7 May 2013
True to photo, looks smart but casual. Needed to go up a couple of sizes. Would usually be a large but ordered XXL. Had to send first one back as zip had broken but replacement product was very easy to arrange and quick to arrive. Also a fair bit cheaper than buying it in a shop
on 8 October 2015
Keeps you at the perfect temperature, you don't sweat, it is very breathable material is very comfortable keeps the wind and rain out perfectly overall very well made and I would definitely recommend this because the the quality is brilliant for the price. For me you are not paying for the brand but for a quality all weather durable breathable water resistant jacket. 10/10
on 1 January 2016
This is a very beautiful Jacket that fits perfectly, unfortunately it is a wind/rain jacket which if I was looking for one that would have been it but I was actually looking for a proper winter jacket and this is not.