on 16 July 2011
Bought both medium and large, in black.

The fabric is thick and good quality - been buying T-shirts from Sainsbury's and these T-shirts are appreciably thicker.

Haved washed them a few times. The black is still a nice solid black and shrinkage was minimal.

The medium is a close fit in the body, but a little tight under the arm - on me, I find the T-shirt creases between the top of the shoulder and the armpit.

The large seems a little looser in the body - more like a traditional T-shirt fit than a modern fitted T - and the neck is a bit open, not close up like on fitted T-shirts - but fits far more comfortably in the shoulder.

For reference, I'm 6'2", weigh about 14' (90kgs), 42" chest and 38" waist.

Bought from "SkateSlime" - twice - and delivery was prompt, would definitely purchase from them again.
0Comment178 of 182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 January 2011
As previous reviewer said, I'd buy a bigger size than the one you usually take. But they are great quality shirts if a bit stingy on the cloth. I bought 6 last summer and they'll all still be perfectly wearable next summer despite being washed and washed.
0Comment60 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2013
Bit disappointed, I have to say. I've bought Fruit of the Loom t-shirts in years past and found them to be of very good quality and hard-wearing. This pair I bought are classified as medium but are just too small, almost skinny fit, much smaller than M&S medium tees and even smaller than bog-standard Tesco T-shirts (which I have now bought instead). And they're almost translucent white, I can pretty much see through them, so what heavyweight is defined as I don't know. The majority of reviewers seem to be happy so I wonder if the production batches are just very variable in quality and I've got some duff ones...! I don't often complain about anything. Perhaps you get what you pay for and that's just what happened on this occasion. Caveat Emptor and all that.
On first impressions the T-shirt is well made (but see the addenda) with the correct materials and straight seams properly finished. The initial sizing is about right, but definitely choose a size or two up if you want a looser fit or are concerned about the likely shrinkage. I actually bought two each in three of the colours, Black, Navy and Grey.

As with all my new clothes, immediately on arrival they were washed (40C) and tumble dried and still were the correct size with no noticeable shrinkage or bagging. All were washed together with colour detergent and none of the colours ran.

I've worn Fruit of the Loom T-shirts for many years, and at first these new ones were the same excellent quality as I normally expect. The 'Heavy cotton' is not like a sweatshirt, merely the normal correct weight for a T-shirt.

Addendum. 23rd December 2014.

After only a few months wear and washing, on all six samples the hem at the back of the T-shirt (corresponding to the left rear-jeans pocket) has become un-stitched and needed to be tacked back again. This requirement for repair loses them a star from my original 5 stars. This has never happened with any of my other T-shirts even when they have become so worn out as to be almost transparent, not even those from F o t L.

Addendum 2. 15th June 2015

They have shrunk a size after many washes and tumble dryings, so are now mostly suitable as undershirts. Still thick enough. One that has not been used much (had fallen down the back of the drawers) is still correctly sized. This much shrinkage has lost them another star.
on 19 May 2011
top class, hard wearing t-shirt. also the cheapest t-shirt i can find online. Great value and have started building up a collection now. Would recommend highly.
0Comment26 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 June 2013
These shirts shrank 3 inches in length after their first wash on a 30 degree wash. I bought several Haynes shirts at the same time albeit from a different supplier and they have not shrunk at all. Washed on the same program, 30 degrees. Never again.
on 10 August 2015
This item arrived before the estimated arrival date. My first impression was that this product Has been well packaged.
At first look, I thought this was going to be too small for me but after pulling one over my head, I was quite impressed with how well it fitted.
Four star in for me to leave some room for what will happen after the first wash.

updates: after the first wash, 2 out of 8 fell apart along the hem and under the armpit. See attached photos.
It's a shame because, the item is a perfect fit and the material looks and feel decent in quality.
review image review image
on 14 November 2011
Bought 5 of these Ts but was not expecting too much but was surprised at the quality of these shirts at such a low price equal to M&S at a third of the price. I did take notice of several postings regard sizing and possible shrinkage so ordered a size larger than I normally buy, they fit well and look good.....will update after the first wash......so far so good.

Hi All.....Thought I would post my promised update...Well they have now gone through the wash several times with no shrinkage and have kept in shape so I`m well pleased and will now order some more....Just a thought dont use a too hotter wash as this may be the cause of shrinkage mine went through at 40c
11 comment34 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 February 2015
I don't know how this tshirt got so many high reviews as its possibly the worst quality tshirt ever, even if it is only £2, you still expect something to be worn more than once. To start off with the tshirt is extremely small, I bought a small size and it should be XXS. The material is extremely thing, and not heavyweight at all, you can see all your manly chest hair through it! Lastly the stitching is poor, it was all loose everywhere and probally would tear if you stretched out to reach something. All in all a rubbish item and waste of £2, I will be using it to mop the floor.
on 4 July 2011
These are great shirts and they arrived promptly. As for the size, I typically wear a medium or large t-shirt, so given the recommendations here I bought them in the Large size. They fit perfectly. They're not quite as snug as my medium t-shirts, but very close. Thanks all for the 'buy a size larger' suggestions.
0Comment27 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse