on 30 April 2014
I bought this for my boss who is a multi-millionaire so he is difficult to buy for. I buy him a bottle of whiskey every year and this year I tried this one because the description sounded. He is a bit of a connoisseur and he thought it was amazing. He said it didn't last long!
on 30 October 2014
This is certainly one of my favourite whiskys that I have tried. I am certainly not a connoisseur, but that doesn't matter, it tastes lovely to me! Having tried and not enjoyed some of the 'best whiskys' such a highland park etc, I prersonally rate this higher than that in my humble opinion
on 1 June 2014
The landlord of my local pub let me have a little taste of this and I thought "this is something special".
I was so impressed I asked my wife to get me a bottle for my Birthday.
Pronounced "Bu-na-ha-venn" it is more gentle than your usual Islay whisky.
The nose is fresh and aromatic with a subtle hint of smoke.
The taste starts with light fruit and nut that follows on to a spectacular malty sweetness.
The finish is a lingering and rich full bodied experience.
This is now my favorite Scotch, and if you like whisky I am sure you will like this!
on 6 October 2014
Have tried many single malts over the years could quite happily stick with this one for the rest of my days.
on 16 December 2014
A very nice, complex and well-balanced Islay dram. Fresh pear, plum, not sweet, not salty, a bit of wood followed by a gentle and long smoky finish (Macallan kind of smoky rather than Ardbeg). It was so good, I've ordered a second bottle!

A word of warning for people buying it as a present. Both bottles I bought from amazon 12 months apart came in the same out-of-space vacuum packaging. This packaging is very secure but it crushed all four edges of the original black cardboard box.
on 15 March 2015
I just love Islay malts and was given this as a gift having never tried it before. In the already delightful realm of Islay whisky, this one stands head and shoulders above the rest. It is simply delicious - a perfect blend of peat, smoke, smoothness and finish. As someone else has already said in these reviews, if I was only allowed one malt whisky for the rest of my days, it would be this one. Perfect.
VINE VOICEon 5 February 2014
Not as heavily peated as some Islay malts, this is a light clean Whisky with a easy drinking finish. The higher ABV of 43.6% allows for complexity beyond what might be expected by the initial taste. Quite lovely really. Recommended.
on 25 November 2014
I haven't bought this through Amazon, but do regularly drink this wonderful whisky from Islay. It's slightly more expensive on here. It#s softish, but with a bite and, thankfully, free of that peaty taste normally associated with Islay! My only beef is that it comes as a 70cl bottle, which I always calss as the cheats bottle.
on 4 October 2014
Fantastic whiskey, slightly sour front and powerful rear flavours good rich complex flavours. Very good nose.
on 13 November 2014
Bought this for my husband - he loves it - will need to buy another.

See one answered question