on 27 August 2013
A little flimsy feeling, but once you get them on the wall you can't tell the difference between these and a really expensive frame. Arrived very well packaged and in a timely fashion. Would buy more from same seller in different sizes.
on 25 October 2012
when I first got it out the packaging it seemed a little on the flimsy side, however, once I got the picture in and hung it on the wall it looked just as good as the more heavy-duty frames I have!
I have had such trouble finding square frames this size, and when I do find them they are often quite expensive.
This frame was such good value for money I am about to order two more!
on 22 June 2014
I spent ages looking around shops for this size 40x40, should have just come here first!!!
Packaging was very good.
And the frame was just what I needed, the clear plastic instead of glass (as long as you remember to take of the protective film from both sides...) I was a little wary of, but actually it's great and won't smash like glass. Frame is all solid. Didn't look cheap or plasticky. So very happy with it.
on 16 February 2015
I was impressed by the quality given the size and price. It is clearly matt black painted wood but is preferable to a composite frame. It arrived in perfect condition as it was well packed in a cardboard box with plastic corner protectors. As someone else commented, it is difficult to find this size square frame in a shop. It is now hanging on the wall framing a monochrome picture and the combination looks good.
on 27 June 2014
When I first received this I was a little sceptical as it felt very light, and I hadn't realised that it wasn't glass but a PVC, however I am absolutely delighted with it. It's lightweight enough for me to hang on the wall using stickers instead of hammering nails in and should if fall then I'm not worrying about the glass shattering everywhere.

I will certainly be buying from these guys again.
on 2 November 2014
40x40 is quite a hard frame size to find, these were very cheap and look perfect on the wall! they were a bit fiddly to set up and put the picture in, but mostly because off all the good packaging it came in. Would 100% recommend, the quality Is perfect once they're hanging up and they don't look cheap at all (even if they might feel it when putting them together, it doesn't show one bit).
on 19 September 2015
Arrived in a good secure package. The frame itself is great - light, yet solid. Like many other reviewers, I forgot to peel off the protective film, but all you have to do is open it up again. The frame is definitely black, and not greyish as it appears in the photos. Overall, very happy.
on 14 March 2015
These are excellent value frames - look great, easy to hang, light-weight and look considerably much more expensive than they actually are! I've used this company previously and they always deliver items extremely quickly. Highly recommended!
on 16 May 2012
A good frame, at a great price. This really looks like a quality frame, and was quickly and securely delivered.
I`d certainly buy annother if needed
on 30 August 2015
Marvellous value and they look superb. I had some old Paleo race flags and they were 40cm square, I am really pleased with these frames and I will definitely buy from GB Eye Ltd again.