on 18 May 2013
Great quality toy.The fruit counters are made of a nice tactile rubber-like material. It's more child friendly than normal plastic toys, plus less chance of breaking the fruit. There're 3 double-sided cards, one with numbers 1-5 on one side, 6-10 on the other one. second card has got colours on one side, and white shapes of fruit on the other one. third card's got coloured pictures of fruit on both sides. You lift up the bottom of the pie and the card slots easily in. There're 2 big tweezers for picking up the fruit with - the size is perfect for little hands and my 3 year old finds them easy to use. There's also a card with a few ideas how to play/use the pie. We've already done plenty of pie baking, plus used the fruit for the shop games, feeding the animals on the farm, rolling fruit down the tube all of it mixed with naming the colours, fruits, counting and laughing. The only thing i'd says it's hard to keep track of all the small pieces as they easily get moved from one game to the other.
on 25 January 2014
I wouldn't have bought this had my daughter not specifically asked me to get it for her son. I always worry about small things being swallowed however, if supervised, children will get a great deal of pleasure from this. It can be sorted by colour or shape, counted, matched and also improves hand and eye co-ordination with the use of the tweezers. Expensive but a real quality peice of equipment which should provide years of hard wear - if you don't get them up the vacuum cleaner :-)
on 16 August 2013
I cannot describe how much my three year old loves playing with this. He is constantly making us different pies according to colour, shape etc. The box serves as a handy oven. The pieces are sturdy and solid and it is really really well made and put together.

We live in Qatar so on a recent trip to London I stocked up on numerous different toys. Many were absolutely useless (Gears, Gears! for one), but this has been the biggest success. He wakes up in the morning and immediately asks to play with this.

I totally recommend this toy. I am a clinical child psychologist, so will be using this toy for my clients too. If I don't loose the pieces I expect to get many years' use out of this.
on 24 November 2014
I bought this mainly for my 3-year-old son, but I think it is great for any preschool to primary school aged child. My 3-year-old absolutely loves this, and although it is quite pricey, it is very well made and there is no limit to the number of games you can make up and play with this set.

We do sorting, counting, memory games, odd-one-out games, sharing, or simply putting everything in the pie and putting it in the "oven" (the box!). It comes with two big pairs of tweezers for improving fine motor skills, and 60 pieces of fruit in 5 different colours.

I also use this with my older 2 primary aged children as a visual aid to help understand slightly more complex mathematics. Although it is not the cheapest of toys, I really feel like we have got our money's worth from this toy, and will do for years to come.

As a previous reviewer suggested, it is probably wise to keep away from children younger than 3, and my son only plays with this supervised by me as we have younger children and he is good as losing little bits or posting them around places that only a toddler can find!
on 4 March 2014
This was for my grandson's 4th birthday. He took to it straight away although took the easy root and used his fingers not the tweezers.
on 19 June 2014
I bought this for my three year old son as I wanted to improve his colour, sorting and counting, and fruit naming skills. After allow him to play with it as it was a new 'toy' I do keep it and take it out to specifically 'teach' him in a fun way, I know I will be using this resource for a long while to come.
on 4 January 2015
Love this! The pie is adorable, the fruit counters inside are durable, bright and can be used for other counting/ sorting activities. The pie comes with different card inserts that you put at the bottom of the pie, to direct the sorting, for example there is one that just asks the children to sort the fruit by their colour, another by the type of fruit and another that wants the children to put a specific number of items in that segment of the pie. The tweezers are big and chunky, so are really easy for the children to hold, but they still offer enough challenge. The top of the pie can hold the fruit like a bowl while the children are sorting it and then the fruit can be stored inside the pie once they are finished playing.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 June 2014
Helpful for teaching motor skills and numbers and sorting, would recommend my grandson knew what to do as his school has it too!
on 17 January 2016
Bought for a 3 year year old.
We love this - It's a good quality, well made toy, but I do think it's just a little bit over priced. Each of the pieces are a touch heavier than expected, which is a good thing and makes them easier to pick up with the (included) tweezers. We used this for colour sorting, counting, fractions shapes... Lots of ideas for what to do with them included, too.
If this were a little cheaper, it would get 5 stars.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 April 2014
Fantastic item especially as their are so many ways of using them. The children really love playing with them too