on 21 June 2012
My baby LOVES this Robot, its his total favourite, "Robot" his best friend, we have had it since my son was about 4months, he is 6 months now and it's still going strong, now the rings are great teethers. We attach Robot to the straps of his pram or chair and its big enough for my son to then grab and move. My wife spends lots of time jigging Robot up and down and making Robot "run" :) my son loves that. Wipe cleans well with hot water and a sponge.
We love Lamaze toys and have had quite a lot over the last couple of years (Sir Prancealot, Marina Mermaid, Octivity Time, Bendy Bug and Sonny Bunny to name a few) and so I knew this would be the perfect Christmas gift for a new arrival in our family and both Mum and baby love it.

Rusty's head rotates fully around and makes a crank noise when it is being turned which sounds brilliant and has already grabbed the attention of baby. Rusty has two different body and head designs and so his head can be turned and matched with whichever body design that your little one likes.

Rusty is very brightly coloured and as with all Lamaze toys, different fabrics have been used to give different textures (wool arms, velvet fabric legs, satin body, corded ears and ribbons on his feet to name a few). He has clanking rings in one hand and a ring with transparent beads on the other which can be moved up and down the ring. Rusty has a mirror on one side of his tummy, crinkle feet and a ring on his head so that he can be hung or attached to maybe a pushchair or cot.

As usual with Lamaze toys this is a great design and clearly lots of thought has been put into the colours, fabrics and features used. Another fantastic toy from Lamaze and one of the names I return to time and time again.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 23 September 2013
Bought this robot whilst anticipating the arrival of my second little boy, his older brother was very keen to get him a hello from your big bro gift and having had Lamaze toys when he was a baby/ toddler these were a great choice at a fab price. They last for years, we still have the dog in a fab condition from when my son was a baby which is 5 years ago now.

The only disappointment which hopefully is just limited to my purchase, the head which rotates and has 2 faces, on one side it has been sewed on upside down. Fingers crossed the replacement won't have the same issue.

The robot is quite long which may not be great for newborns but at least you know it will last, is colourful and is well made. Had I received it in perfect condition it would of received 5 stars without a doubt.
on 5 April 2012
Well made and will stand up to a lot of biting, pulling, throwing and lying/treading on! My 7 month old grandson loves it. Interesting colours and materials and good strong teething rings.
on 13 July 2014
I love the length of this toy and again our son loves pulling it and chewing on it. Lots of textures, teething rings and 2 different sides with a mirror, great purchase
on 14 February 2012
We love Rusty! I purchased him mainly because I thought he was cute but my son (6 mnth) just loves him. Its the first Lamaze soft toy that he ever pays any attention, all the little thingys just seems to be just in the right place, in my sons opinion.

Oh, and the picture here is an old one. The 'new' Rusty has 2 transparent beads in the right hand, which is the best thing about him, after the mirror and the 'spin-around' head.

LOVE him!
on 23 June 2012
As soon as I took Rusty the Robot out of the packaging my little boy (6 months)was fascinated with him. Rusty has lots for babies to look at and feel. My baby particularly enjoys the plastic cube and triangle on one of Rusty's hands, and all of the different textures. I'm sure it will keep him entertained for months, as he notices all of the different features.
on 1 July 2015
I got given this as a gift for my new born baby boy, he adores his rusty it goes everywhere with us he uses the plastic rings as he is teething and loves to crinkle his feet! His head turns so you can change him up abit. My little ones abit of a poser too so keeps him entertained looking in his mirror! Brilliant buying lots more!
on 13 February 2014
A big fan of Lamaze toys as they are vibrant and always caught my daughters attention. The crackles, mirrors and squeakers are always great to find in most of the range.
I bought this for my son and attached it to his car seat. Again it's been good choice as he loves holding the rings and looking into the mirror.
on 11 April 2015
I bought this for my grandson when he was 4 months old so he always had a toy when he comes to visit. He loves it, he loves to chew it, look at it, hug it, it makes him smile. He is now 6 months and still loves it. Bought it at a reduced price, do not know how they can make this quality at this price.