Format: Kindle EditionChange

on 5 April 2011
Bought this book to give my daughter who suffers from ME an insight into this subject. Although primarily intended to help gain success in the world of business this book provides very useful tips to help make improvements in your life generally. My daughter's only criticism is that the book does not have many links specifically to health issues but then it was not written with this area specifically in mind. I also read the book and found it well written and easy to understand (although this is a subject with which I am familiar)For the price and an overall understanding/useful guide to the subject it is well worth buying.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 March 2012
This book is a brilliant way of getting a better understanding of NLP.
It is very well written and the words flow off the page which makes it so much easier to grasp the concepts within.
I would recommend it to anyone who is curious about NLP and would like to gain a better grasp of the subject.
on 7 May 2010
This is quite simply the clearest and best structured NLP book that I have read. The book covers a broad range of NLP topics. Whether you need an introduction to NLP or are looking for a deeper understanding, this book is ideal. Filled with anecdotes and practical examples the book demonstrates how you can immediately apply and embed NLP skills into your daily life.

Having trained on a couple of Jeremy's courses I am well aware of his genuine passionate for this subject and it shines through in this book. There is no doubt that the quality of this book is the application of Jeremy's NLP expertise. In accordance with the title, I am sure NLP helped him get the results he wanted with this book!
on 12 July 2010
I'm an NLP Master Practitioner. I think this book hits the nail on the head on many levels: practically for the NLP Practitioner and Master Practitioner, and for the complete novice...well this was the book I was looking for 5 years ago when I was trying to find out more about NLP. Practical, easy to read and easy to understand and put into practice.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2012
Whether you are an NLP practitioner, or just interested in learning more about NLP, I whole heartedly recommend this book as a fantastic and core resource.

Successful NLP is a jargon-free introduction to NLP covering the core NLP processes and techniques using lots of real examples, tips and suggested actions from the author's wealth of experience bringing the techniques to life. What I found particularly valuable about this book in my own NLP journey towards becoming a trainer of NLP, was the absence of the typical NLP jargon, its focus on how to apply NLP in a business and the work context, and the author's very practical and down to earth approach to using each NLP technique covered. The book has been an invaluable resource to me since I bought it; initially as a guide helping me to improve areas of my own life and then as a reference resource in my professional life as an NLP master practitioner and trainer.

My only issue with the paperback version of this book is that it does not have an index, an omission a number of NLP books seem to have. So if you are looking for a searchable resource, I would recommend you buy the Kindle edition.

If you are interested in how to apply NLP in sport, check out the author's other book Ahead of the Game: How to Use Your Mind to Win in Sport; a great resource for anyone wanting to improve their sports performance using NLP.
on 13 July 2015
Having had this book a few years now, I thought it about time I wrote a review. I bought this when I was still a bit wet behind the ears and a newcomer to NLP - apart from bits and pieces I'd read online I didn't know too much about it.

I'm a professional coach nowadays for a great company, and out of every book I've ever read I can honestly say that this book, the little NLP workbook (also by Jeremy Lazarus), What Every Body is Saying by Joe Navarro, Tame The Primitive Brain by Mark Bowden, Don't think of an Elephant by Lakkoff, and Unmasking the Face by Eckman - are without doubt the most valuable books I have and form the bread and butter of most of what I do.

The beauty of this book - and the little NLP workbook, are that things are broken into easy to follow, beginners stages. Considering this book is aimed at newbies it actually goes into some really good depth, and like anything else if there's a particular part that really interests you then you can read deeper into subjects.

The irony is that if you read any of the negative reviews, they're from people who wouldn't "buy into" NLP. As with anything, you need to believe NLP will work for you for it to work, a lot of the strategy and focus points are very scientifically sound (for example anchoring is really context dependent recognition - a low form of self hypnosis in a very loose sense), but because it's put in NLP terms it essentially becomes part of the belief system of NLP. If you think it'll work for you then you'll naturally become more (unknowingly) prejudice to being positive in relation to the outcomes you'll get (a kind of self fulfilling prophecy in a way). If you follow the steps in the book in a positive mindset, then this book will change your life. Literally. It did mine without a shadow of doubt, but you need to proactively manage your change and do things within your own agency. If you don't believe it'll work for you, as a few of the negative reviews I read obviously didn't, then of course it won't work because you'll be biased to the negative and change can't occur when you're in this state.

It's a different way of thinking for sure, and a different way of acting - some of the ideas and areas in this book may be confusing at first and difficult to implement depending on your learned conditioning, but - if you take a step towards NLP positively and use this book to guide you, then you will drastically change your own outcomes and the way people view you!
on 23 May 2012
I have to admit that I bought this book with a view to helping me to improve on work relationships, and as others have mentioned it can be viewed as focussing on business/sales.
That aside, the information is concise, and it's certainly not a book that teaches you in-depth theory. Instead consider it as practical strategies for the everyday situations given in the contents section when you use Amazon's 'Look Inside'.
on 6 August 2012
This is a fantastic book and is great for someone who wants a clear introduction into NLP. I am sure I will be able to use the knowledge in many aspects of my life and would urge anyone who wants to improve their life and relationships to buy it.
on 1 December 2010
Jeremy Lazarus has given us inspiration and elucidation in this great book. It is wriiten clearly and with a gentle sense of humour, such that you feel intsructed and guided without being made to feel either stupid in the first place or patronised by his suggestions. Excellent!
on 7 August 2013
I must say I've already read it twice and I believe I'll give it a go again in the near future. This book is a spot-on, well structured, clear introduction to NLP. Being a non-native speaker, as well as completely unaware of the topic, I found it extremely interesting and easy to understand. The language is plain and effective, which helps keep you focused and you end up wondering why you haven't read it before.
It really does what the author says, "get more of what you want and less of what you don't want". Highly recommended (do not forget to read it twice, at least!).