Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.07

on 5 April 2011
Bought this book to give my daughter who suffers from ME an insight into this subject. Although primarily intended to help gain success in the world of business this book provides very useful tips to help make improvements in your life generally. My daughter's only criticism is that the book does not have many links specifically to health issues but then it was not written with this area specifically in mind. I also read the book and found it well written and easy to understand (although this is a subject with which I am familiar)For the price and an overall understanding/useful guide to the subject it is well worth buying.
on 12 July 2010
I'm an NLP Master Practitioner. I think this book hits the nail on the head on many levels: practically for the NLP Practitioner and Master Practitioner, and for the complete novice...well this was the book I was looking for 5 years ago when I was trying to find out more about NLP. Practical, easy to read and easy to understand and put into practice.
44 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 May 2010
This is quite simply the clearest and best structured NLP book that I have read. The book covers a broad range of NLP topics. Whether you need an introduction to NLP or are looking for a deeper understanding, this book is ideal. Filled with anecdotes and practical examples the book demonstrates how you can immediately apply and embed NLP skills into your daily life.

Having trained on a couple of Jeremy's courses I am well aware of his genuine passionate for this subject and it shines through in this book. There is no doubt that the quality of this book is the application of Jeremy's NLP expertise. In accordance with the title, I am sure NLP helped him get the results he wanted with this book!
on 18 April 2012
Whether you are an NLP practitioner, or just interested in learning more about NLP, I whole heartedly recommend this book as a fantastic and core resource.

Successful NLP is a jargon-free introduction to NLP covering the core NLP processes and techniques using lots of real examples, tips and suggested actions from the author's wealth of experience bringing the techniques to life. What I found particularly valuable about this book in my own NLP journey towards becoming a trainer of NLP, was the absence of the typical NLP jargon, its focus on how to apply NLP in a business and the work context, and the author's very practical and down to earth approach to using each NLP technique covered. The book has been an invaluable resource to me since I bought it; initially as a guide helping me to improve areas of my own life and then as a reference resource in my professional life as an NLP master practitioner and trainer.

My only issue with the paperback version of this book is that it does not have an index, an omission a number of NLP books seem to have. So if you are looking for a searchable resource, I would recommend you buy the Kindle edition.

If you are interested in how to apply NLP in sport, check out the author's other book Ahead of the Game: How to Use Your Mind to Win in Sport; a great resource for anyone wanting to improve their sports performance using NLP.
on 27 March 2012
This book is a brilliant way of getting a better understanding of NLP.
It is very well written and the words flow off the page which makes it so much easier to grasp the concepts within.
I would recommend it to anyone who is curious about NLP and would like to gain a better grasp of the subject.
on 1 December 2010
Jeremy Lazarus has given us inspiration and elucidation in this great book. It is wriiten clearly and with a gentle sense of humour, such that you feel intsructed and guided without being made to feel either stupid in the first place or patronised by his suggestions. Excellent!
on 28 April 2011
I bought this book being a complete novice on NLP and I have to say that is laid out nice and simple for anyone to read and get the basics of NLP. It gives you insights that you never thought before, and I found that truly amazing. The examples it gives are not abstract and you can relate to them without the need to have experienced any of the situations. I would definitely recommend this book for anyone who wants to get an grasp of NLP without getting into crazy details.
on 13 July 2015
Having had this book a few years now, I thought it about time I wrote a review. I bought this when I was still a bit wet behind the ears and a newcomer to NLP - apart from bits and pieces I'd read online I didn't know too much about it.

I'm a professional coach nowadays for a great company, and out of every book I've ever read I can honestly say that this book, the little NLP workbook (also by Jeremy Lazarus), What Every Body is Saying by Joe Navarro, Tame The Primitive Brain by Mark Bowden, Don't think of an Elephant by Lakkoff, and Unmasking the Face by Eckman - are without doubt the most valuable books I have and form the bread and butter of most of what I do.

The beauty of this book - and the little NLP workbook, are that things are broken into easy to follow, beginners stages. Considering this book is aimed at newbies it actually goes into some really good depth, and like anything else if there's a particular part that really interests you then you can read deeper into subjects.

The irony is that if you read any of the negative reviews, they're from people who wouldn't "buy into" NLP. As with anything, you need to believe NLP will work for you for it to work, a lot of the strategy and focus points are very scientifically sound (for example anchoring is really context dependent recognition - a low form of self hypnosis in a very loose sense), but because it's put in NLP terms it essentially becomes part of the belief system of NLP. If you think it'll work for you then you'll naturally become more (unknowingly) prejudice to being positive in relation to the outcomes you'll get (a kind of self fulfilling prophecy in a way). If you follow the steps in the book in a positive mindset, then this book will change your life. Literally. It did mine without a shadow of doubt, but you need to proactively manage your change and do things within your own agency. If you don't believe it'll work for you, as a few of the negative reviews I read obviously didn't, then of course it won't work because you'll be biased to the negative and change can't occur when you're in this state.

It's a different way of thinking for sure, and a different way of acting - some of the ideas and areas in this book may be confusing at first and difficult to implement depending on your learned conditioning, but - if you take a step towards NLP positively and use this book to guide you, then you will drastically change your own outcomes and the way people view you!
on 7 September 2012
I stupidly bought this book based on the number of positive reviews it had received. I have given the book one star because a 'no star' option wasn't available. The writing is crass and amateurish. Here's an example of the style and standard of writing you can expect:

"Many of us are able to unkowingly build rapport with friends and partners. Being able to build and maintain rapport is essential to any good relationship, be it personal or professional, such as when selling, recruiting, doing appraisals, wanting your teenage children to open up to you, teaching-it's difficult to think of situations where rapport would not be useful!"

Here's one of the headings:

"WHAT IS NLP NOT? "(their capitals)

The book is full of padding, long lists and redundant phrases. If this so called book is representative of NLP then I really do need to "reframe" my thinking.

Overall, it's an a poorly written and downright awful book and Amazon should look into the ratings this book has achieved.

I would like a refund please.
on 10 March 2010
Really clear and easy to read book on NLP. It covers all of the main elements in a light and easy to digest manor. The Bright orange cover pops out of the shelf at you as well!

Reading this book has increased my curiosity in the field and i am now looking into further development in the field.