Size: 1LChange

on 7 March 2013
Bought this when it was on offer for £28.99, for my Saab 93 yr 2000 oil change which was due in March, just done, and before i changed oil and ran engine up to temp, noise from engine was i thought normal, however after using this oil it is now much more quiet and when driving a lot smoother with more acceleration,
Highly recommend but disappointed the cheapest I can find is now £31.99,
Will be using it from now on
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 April 2015
This was the recommended oil for my Audi A4 B6 130 diesel.

At the time of buying, it was cheaper to buy the separate 5 x 1 litre bottles rather than the 5 litre or 4+1 litre. Prices can tend to fluctuate quite a bit on here. My local motor factor could not even come close to these prices.
Check your local nationwide supermarkets for pricing too. It can all be done online.

The manual states more than 4 litres for oil and filter change, but I found the initial 4 litres more than enough. The spare 1 litre is there for top ups if needed. My little Briggs and Stratton lawn mower just got a treat too!
on 4 January 2016
This oil is recommended for most modern petrol VW golfs. It's fairly expensive however I have not had any issues regarding this oil.
It is fairly "thin" as with most modern oils, (Or it could simply be modern engines love eating oil). So I would recommend changing your oil every 6-12 months!

I would also recommend buying a smaller 1 litre bottle of oil and decanting from the larger bottle to the smaller to make topping up your oil an easier process!
on 29 January 2013
Really good quality oil. I get less engine vibration and the whole car feels more responsive. Will recommend to any one. Worth every penny.
on 15 September 2015
took forever to arrive, but does what oil is supposed to do at a more economical price than in supermarkets and the amazon uk version. I recommend buying this and keeping it in the garage for a day when you need it in the future. Why buy a more expensive item just when the oil runs out because you haven't planned for the future? buy it, save it for when you need it, save money long term :)
on 2 January 2014
Not a lot to say. Great quality oil. Use it in my Audi. Came quickly and well packaged. And a big saving on Halfords.
on 7 September 2013
I only ever use Castrol, personally I believe it's the best choice for engine oil, I never use the cheap own brand stuff. It's good, lasts a while. Unfortunately, I drive a VW, and from quite a few of the reviews I've read online, VWs just seem to drink the stuff.
on 16 October 2013
I purchased this oil for an oil change in a Mercedes B class and found it a first class product coupled with the use of a sump pump it became an easy job to change both oil and oil filter, the job was completed in 45 mins with no spill or splash.
on 2 January 2016
This is the recommended oil for both Passats we have and bought this as a special offer for two. Always use this oil but this was an offer not to miss. Faster and cheaper than waiting for a deal in the shops.
on 14 October 2015
Castrol EDGE Engine Oil 5w-30 4l ......Great oil for your car, a little pricey as better ones tend to be but well worth it. This is the best price I've found so far and is my second purchase of this oil.