Format: DVD|Change
Price:£44.23+ £1.26 shipping

on 31 January 2012
So far, I have watched seasons 1-4.
As a big fan of the UK show (and Ricky Gervais in general), I didn't know how this would compare.
But Steve Carrell is THE MAN!
I knew he was great as Evan, in Bruce Almighty and funny in The 40-year old virgin, but he steals the show with this.
He plays the character perfectly.
In fact, the whole cast fits perfectly.

Season one is basically a replica of Series one of the UK version.
Afterwards, the show turns into it's own and runs with it.

I recently sat down and watched the English shows and, to be honest, they look a little dated now.
This is fresh.
Is it as good as the original show?
It may be even better (in my opinion).

You have to give credit where it is due.
The Americans (whoever produced/scripted/cast all this) have done a fantastic job.
Yes, there is the odd reference to American culture, but these are infrequent and don't ruin the show for us Brits.
Each episode is worth watching.
It doesn't feel like there is any filler.

It's just a joy to watch, and I'll definitely come back again for Round Two.

5 STARS
on 28 June 2012
I tried watching series 1 and series 2 and whilst I was watching it I noticed that the audio seemed like the characters voices were higher and as if they were on helium. I tested them on 4 other DVD/Blu Ray players so it isn't the player it's the discs themselves. Series 3-5 work fine. I am really bummed about this because I was really looking forward to watching them and it sucks that it happens to be on 2 out of the 5 seasons. Am I the only one with this problem?
on 7 November 2011
...a British TV series successfully made into a US version!

Obviously, there have been changes given the number of episodes produced each season, and the fact that it has proven so poular (now in its 8th season), but for those who would have liked more of the UK series this can't be bad.

Sit back and enjoy.
on 21 April 2014
Before you read this you must know I live and breathe The Office so my view may be slightly biased!

You will fall in love with this show. The characters are so loveable. You never get bored of seeing the actual office they work in. The first season is not brilliant in all honesty, the quality is very poor and its almost an exact replica of the UK version but adds its own charm.
When you get to season 2 The Office US starts to take its own and will leave you wanting more every episode. Very odd humour, sometimes you are waiting for something funny to happen but it doesn't but when it does you cant stop. The stupidity of the Office manager is incredible and some amazing acting by Steve Carell (and all the rest of the cast for that matter).

If you don't love this show you are mad!

If you don't like American shows or American humour then please don't listen to my review :D
on 1 March 2012
It's funny how an American version of a sitcom can surpass the original. I believe this comedy just got better and better and Steve Carell has ultimate comic timing. It's so fun to watch but I feel it will slip now that Steve has gone unless they can find someone who can match Steve's performance. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it.
VINE VOICEon 4 February 2015
Michael Scott, the regional manager of paper supply company Dunder Mifflin, allows a documentary crew to film everyday goings on in his office for a documentary. Give this a chance. While most of the time American remakes of classic British TV shows do not work, this is surprisingly one of the best examples of ones that do. While season 1 does start as a carbon copy virtually a shot for shot remake of the original British version, it does improve. Season 2 sees the series come into its own going well beyond the plots of the original with characters who started as pale imitations of the original British versions, Michael Scott starting off as a poor man's David Brent, his assistant Dwight a poor man's Gareth, sales man Jim starts as a copy of Tim covering the same romance with receptionist Pam who is basically the American version of Dawn at least at first, but by the end of season 2 these characters have evolved beyond all recognition of the original characters they were copying. Like David Brent, Michael Scott is a well meaning but clueless and incompetent manager who screws up and insults people without realising it while Dwight is also clueless, thinks he is a superior alpha male and is a survival nut and borderline psychopath taking the British version's Gareth to extreme levels and they are backed by a group of likeable, very funny idiots. By the end of season 5 the show has surpassed the British version completely thanks to strong character development. If the British version is one of the great British comedies, then this surely has to be one of the great American ones and dare I say it but Steve Carell is a lot funnier than Ricky Gervais and this is the superior show. (Runs away and hides)
on 2 March 2012
The American Office is simply the Americanized version of a truly definitive and iconic British TV Sit Com that stands on its own legs and manages to be genuinely funny and emotive. The comparisons are there and will always be, with many comparing it to the original which I think personally is unfair. I love David Brent and everything about the original, as someone who watched it back in 2002 and remembering how much i was looking forward to coming home and thinking YES the office is on tonight!

So with much of the loyal British Fans shunning the American remake and many of the Americans not to have seen the original, The American Office is an elongated version of the original that gives much more to the supporting characters and creates a true ensemble cast that look like they are just having one big laugh which I'm sure they are. I really do love The show and appreciate for what it was and what it has become!

In this version the counterparts from the original who feature here like Dwight and Jim show the cleverness of the writers as they've managed to produce countless episodes and the show still manages to retain its charm and therefore is definitely one of the better American comedies out there.

So from someone who has seen both just enjoy...
on 10 March 2013
I have to say I am not rating the Amazon service as I have not bought this product however I have seen almost 8 seasons and am in love with this show. It does a great job at giving each character their own input into the show and you start to feel attatched to each one in a different way. It is very funny, sometimes obvious but once you understand each character it is almost required so you get to know them better for this. There is never a boring moment and it never seems like theyre just trying to stretch it out for 22 mins. If you are considering purchasing this item, make the transaction! its worth way more than £30 for what I believe are a perfect combination of episodes. As ive seen past season 5 I can say the magic that is Steve Carrell departs at the end of season 7 and doesnt really seem the same although still worth watching as the secondary characters step up their input beyond expectation.
on 24 June 2013
The Office US is a great show. Funny, witty and awkwardly rib-tickling. However, there are problems with this boxset that I had that I can see other people have been experiencing too. The first 2 seasons are sped up ever so slightly, meaning that the audio is high and it just makes the first two seasons unwatchable. The character's sound as if they're on helium, and it's infuriating. I tried them on a number of different players to no avail. I thought it was something to do with the regions, but they're region 2 DVDs and should work fine.

To sum up, the programme itself is great. Watch it, you won't be disappointed. But be cautious about buying this boxset, as it seems to be a common problem that the audio is off. Maybe stick to Netflix for this one.
on 22 January 2012
Hadn't got into this while it was on TV so knew very little about it but the clips I had seen looked funny so gave it a try. Ended up buying the box set as it was so much cheaper than buying the seasons individually. I certainly wasn't disappointed - I loved it! Having watched the UK Office I was concerned the early seasons may be too "copy cat" but they were different enough to be enjoyable and really set the scene for the following excellent seasons. I think I prefer it to the UK version because the cringe moments are more funny than excruciating. I loved the slow build of the Jim and Pam relationship but there are so many excellent characters! Can't recommend it highly enough and can't wait for the next season on DVD!