TOP 50 REVIEWERon 18 November 2010
We suffered for years in our household with hit and miss egg timers or sheer guesswork with the result that often as not we were left with underdone or hard boiled eggs.

I was a bit sceptical about this device, but it really does deliver exactly what it promises and we get the eggs exactly how we like them every time.

We found that living in a hard water area, the timer acquired a film over the surface after a while which made it hard to read. However, this was easily removed by wetting it and then rubbing hard with a glass cloth.

One tip is to take the pan off the stove just before it reaches the chosen mark. Whilst you are fiddling around getting the toast and/or egg cups and/or tea ready the eggs continue to cook in the hot water and end up just right. Even if you take them out of the water they will be very hot and will continue to harden up until you eat them, so bear this in mind if you are not immediately going to tuck into breakfast.
0Comment33 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 14 November 2011
Groan. Yes, it is true that I seem unable to boil an egg to either my own or anyone else's satisfaction. "Too soft." "Too hard." Never fear, the panacea is here. It came instruction-less but I boiled the water and popped in an egg straight from the fridge and this thing. It has a flat base so it doesn't roll about with your eggs. It became evident how it worked - the colour changes from the outside in, giving you an actual representation of how your egg is cooking along with the guide printed on it. The lines are odd and I don't see why it couldn't be a series of ovals but never mind, it works. An egg cooked eggsactly to order!! A good stocking filler for a pedantic egg-eater.
on 2 October 2011
Keep this where you keep your eggs, for me in the fridge, thus the device is at the temperature of the eggs and you get a perfect egg every time, hard, medium or soft.
0Comment30 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 May 2013
Perfect little gadget for a cheap price. Gives me perfect soft boiled eggs every time. I recommend this egg timer to everyone!
on 17 September 2013
I originally bought this product as a joke present for my other half not realising how useful it was going to be. First things first I love eggs but I am shocking at cooking them right. I prefer to poach eggs (in poach pods) and use this egg timer to get them absolutely spot on. As soon as the first bubble appears in the pan I drop the egg timer in and wait until it is at the medium consistency - approx 3 mins. This creates perfectly cooked egg whites which are runny in the centre. Perfect eggs every time.
on 9 July 2014
I can cook my eggs perfectly now without wondering whether they are done. Brill.
on 7 January 2016
No more undercooked or overcooked eggs- hurrah! Does exactly what it is supposed to for all of us who can never remember how long it takes to boil an egg to perfection.
on 5 June 2014
Excellent product, really needed a gadget like this as I never can tell when eggs are ready and I hate if the aren't completely hard boiled.
on 14 June 2014
Brilliant absolulety love it! Use it every morning for my dippy eggs! Definitely recommend to everyone who loves having perfect dippy eggs!
on 31 May 2014
I used to always forget how I get my eggs to the right consistency (I like them a bit runny in the middle) but this tool made it so much easier! Simple and easy to use, doesn't have a bad smell (which I was worried about from previous reviews).

The only downside is that the plastic is not the best quality, it has some scratches on the bottom side from manufacturing. I guess I can't expect everything to be perfect for the amount I paid but I'm still happy with the purchase.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse