Colour: Assorted ColoursPackage Quantity: 1Change
Price:£19.99+ Free shipping

Before I go into the product I must say that this is brilliant value for money with 14 different pieces to it including the basket and even more so if you managed to get it at the lower price of just over thirteen pounds that I managed to purchase it for recently. I am very very impressed with the picnic basket and would definitely recommend it.

I have bought this for my niece for Christmas however I couldn't resist 'testing it out to make sure it works' and as I have come to expect from Leapfrog this is yet another brilliant toy. Now not that I am against giving my son a purple picnic basket with pink lid but I do wish that they did this in another more gender neutral colour too such as green and yellow or even a pale blue and I think Leapfrog are missing out on a lot of business and little boys missing out on a lot of fun by Leapfrog not doing this as I know a lot of parents who wouldn't give their son a purple and pink picnic basket toy. I have emailed Leapfrog with this suggestion and hopefully they may consider it in future.

This is such a charming little toy with two modes of play; music and learning and the picnic basket responds to whichever setting you select by using the slide on the front of the picnic basket. For example in the music mode it plays several tunes such as teddy bears picnic when you lift the basket lid and in the learning mode it says phrases such as "picnic time" and "yummy apple pie, can you put the apple pie in the triangle place" along with "open" and "close" and "the biscuit is a circle can you find another circle" plus many many more phrases that are too many to list so it really is extremely interactive and educational. There is also a little butterfly button on the front of the picnic basket which again interacts in the different modes when pushed such as "can you find something orange, the orange is orange" and "I love watermelon, what shape is the watermelon" etc etc in the learning mode. In the music mode it sings songs about shapes, having a picnic and please and thank you songs just to name a few as again there are so many and all are very interactive and educational.

The picnic basket has two sound levels which you can select which is great for when you want the toy to be a bit quieter. The picnic basket also comes with six different shaped food items (two triangle, two square and two circle shaped) which are on two shape sorter plates to help your little one learn about shapes. There are also two forks and two cups along with a picnic blanket so that your little one really can play at having a picnic. The whole set appears very sturdy and has been done in a multitude of different colours so that you can also teach your little one about colours and everything stores neatly in the basket for when it is tidy up time.

A brilliant little toy which I am very impressed with and shall be purchasing one for my son although as stated above I do wish that they did a more gender neutral coloured one too. I am sure my niece will love this picnic basket at Christmas and my son when I get his and I have thoroughly enjoyed 'testing it' myself.
0Comment47 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 December 2011
I bought this for my little boy who is 14 months old. I know it's purple, but the colour shouldn't bother anyone. Boys need to learn to share and say ta as well! He goes to nursery anyway, so he plays with goodness knows what there! My son likes taking the items out of the basket and putting them back in, he gives items to me and I have to say 'ta' before he'll let go!

The only thing is the lid could be a bit stronger, it feels a bit thin but there again we haven't had any breakages!

The voice is English too which is nice, I think English children find it easier to understand and respond more to the toy if it is in their own accent. It's got volume control if it's all getting a bit much! Lovely toy all round, I am pleased with it.
22 comments67 of 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 September 2011
Bought for my daughters first birthday and its a really sweet well made item. Songs / words are spoken clearly with mentions of basic colours, shapes & numbers and everything stores neatly inside the basket. Lovely gift, recommended, will be used for sometime as my daughter grows.
0Comment47 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 November 2011
I am very happy with this purchase .I bought this for my 2,5 year old daughter and she is having lots of fun.The most important is that you can control a volume level so it's not annoying you after few minutes .Overall is well made and very good value for money also is nicely packed so if you looking for a present this is it.Highly recommended.
0Comment39 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 May 2015
My 3 year old son loves this toy and takes it out into the garden regularly. I bought it for his little sister and they play with it together a lot. All their friends seem to make a beeline for when they come round and it seem popular with all of them.
on 15 January 2014
My 18 month old daughter is really enjoying going picnic and learning shapes, but I thought the basket would say the shapes when you put them in there, but it just sings different tunes when you open and close it.
on 5 November 2012
Not used, because it's for gift, but I tried it and it's very stardy, educational, right size, easy to store, seems that all the parts fit in the basket. I'm very pleased and have already recomended it

Updade.It' s perfect, they loved it (4months baby laughing, 3yrd boy plays all the time, parents love it also). When we gave it we saw the babys reactions, the loudness is perfect, 1rst scale is more suitable for baby's sensitive ears, and if you want louder it has on more scale. Very happy that I bought it
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 October 2013
Educational and fun to play with especially useful to encourage sharing. Would recommend to others. ALSO COLOURFUL AND EASY TO KEEP CLEAN
on 15 March 2012
Great toy, my 10 month old daughter loves and so does my 3yr old son.. my d aughter likes putting the things in and out and opening and closes. she loves carrying it around. hours of fun and worth every penny..
on 8 December 2012
I bought this for my granddaughter as a Christmas present. Of course I had to play with it, and love that it makes the shapes and colours fun. I am also impressed that it had added 'manners' to the programme. Please and thank you are such a small thing, but mean so much! The basket can also be used alone and she can put other things in it as she gets older. It can grow with her in a way that other 'shape sorters' don't, so will be played with for much longer.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse