on 5 January 2011
I've bought 2 of these of rmy 4 year old and 17 month old to take on holiday to Egypt in June, plus to use when we go to visit family, these are excellent. 2 very excited little boys who love their new suitcases and love riding on them too! Top marks.
on 28 March 2011
These are just great. My son absolutely loves it, when not used for travelling he stores his toys and loves being pulled around with his firemans helmet on.
on 11 October 2012
We have seen other children with Trunki's and thought, OK, I can see that will be useful. So we let our little boy choose which one he wants. Being a boy of a certain age, the bright red fire engine.

He loves playing with it when we are not even travelling. That can be a downside too. Wanting to play with it whilst on the plane is not very practical. But is does fit wonderfully in to over head stoarge and under seat storage and is sturdy enough to use as a step for him to help him with his seat.

It's a good size and does everything it says on the tin. Being bright red it's hard to miss, or forget.

It was also a saving grace on a recent trip. We were promised the pushchair would be at the plane entrance when we got off the flight. It wasn't, we were told it would be at the oversized baggage carousel. If any one who knows Heathrow, knows it is sods law that your flight uses the gate furthest away, and our luggage comes off a carousel 6 and the oversized is carousel 1. Well my little boy hops on his fire engine, saying 'nee nah' all the way and making dramatic screeching noises. We have a clear run through the airport and even better a little boy grinning from ear to ear. Also when one of us has to go off and collect the luggage from random parts of the baggage hall, he stays put adamant to be near his 'nee nah'

So it's is fun and practical. My suggestion is as a parent, if you have a small child and travel - get a Trunki. If you are a kid - pick the one thats the most fun!!! nee nah nee nah sccccrrrrrreeeeeecccchhhhhh, veeeeeerrrrrroooooommmm!
on 28 February 2014
I did a lot of research before purchasing this case, and in the end I was persuaded by the overwhelmingly positive reviews.

So far I've been very impressed. It's survived one round trip to Morocco with an active 3 year old and has lived to tell the tale!

The case is pretty small, so I'd advise having a look at it in person (Boots, Mothercare etc tend to sell them) before you order it, just to make sure that you're happy with the overall size and the internal volume. I was a bit concerned about my 3 year old's ability to 'ride' on the case given that his legs would have to be bent upwards to avoid dragging on the floor, but my concerns were ill founded as he had a wonderful time scooting about on it (or being pulled which was the more usual situation). If you have an older child (5+) then this case will probably be too small.

Given the overall size, there's a good amount of internal usable space, and you can squeeze a decent amount in before locking it shut with the yellow clasps situated on the either end. One advantage of the size is that it will easily fit on any plane as carry on luggage, which is great because the time you most need this case is when you're waiting in the line to board the plane, or at customs once you've landed.

The case stayed securely closed throughout the journey, and whilst there's a special 'key' on the carry strap, you can easily unlock it with a coin should you need to. The weight of the case when empty is surprisingly light, given it's rigid structure.

The shoulder strap and sturdy handles make it easy for an adult to carry when necessary, and I was very impressed at how easily it glided along once full, and with my sons weight on it. The wheels are lightweight and rigid, but seem suitably strong and should last. We accidentally left the travel strap behind on our return journey, but it was easy enough to attach a strap from another case to use to pull this along through the airport.

Travelling through airports with little children can be every parents worst nightmare, but this case really did make the process much easier, and at around £35 I think this is a price worth paying, especially because it's both fun for the kids and practical for the adults.

A nice additional touch with this case is the inclusion of a little foam fire hat and axe, which my son was delighted with! This is a company who have built their reputation on sturdy, practical cases aimed at little people, and our experience to date is that this has been a sound investment and I would have no hesitation in recommending this for younger children.
on 9 July 2013
Love this item! We are going on hols this summer and airport life is going to be much easier! The hat and the axe aren't up to much as they are made of cheap foam but the rest is fine. Get the insert bag otherwise it is chaos inside the case
on 21 September 2013
My son loved using this on our holiday. I was really impressed with how much you can fit in it and the secure but easy locking features. Only down side is it took twice as long to get to the departure gate as my son could not decide between pullying it along or sitting on it if there was a slight slope! I would recommend this product and wish I had bought one years ago.
on 23 March 2015
my little boy loves his trunki. He put some of his toys away in it before we went on a weekend to a friends house and will be using it later in the year when we go on holiday. the side clips which hold it firmly closed are secure enough to keep it closed but also enable my nearly 3 year old to open it himself. He also knows he can sit on it himself - definately makes him feel like a grown up with his own suitcase
on 11 January 2016
Fantastic suitcase.Bright colour.Very solid to ride on it.It is perfect for my son who outs his toys and clithes in there.When he gets tired I pull the strap with him sitting on it.Wheels are small so it can be a bit harder to pull on the uneven surface (only with the child on it) other times there is no problems.
on 23 April 2016
Makes travelling with little people through massive airports so much easier and a joy. No more will you have to have a kid under one arm and your own suitcase in the other hand struggling to find that gate, or racing through security. Just sit the little person on their Trunki and voila, transiting through an airport to get to where you need / want to be became a more enjoyable experience! It's fun for the kids, easier on your back an much much faster getting from A to B especially in large international airports. Well worth the investment. My kids love them. Highly recommended.
on 12 May 2011
Fantastic! My son loves it and can't wait for holidays. Highly recommend and so much cheaper than buying on the high street