Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Refreshed in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now

on 20 January 2013
absolutely perfect has the same capacity of other microwaves, but takes up a fraction of the space as it fits in to the corner, vary impressed with the steamer facility my veg has never tasted so good
on 15 August 2014
This is the 3rd Microwave we have had from Whirlpool, not because it's a great product, but because the first two blew up, and after a lot of correspondence with customer services, they agreed to replace. After the second microwave blew up, I didn't want another Whirlpool product, but I was convinced by Whirlpool that the issue has been resolved and as I was in need of a corner unit, this one seemed ideal, and it was after all "free".
We've had this microwave for just over 6 months now, and though it's very small it served it's purpose and we'd not had any issue with it, until last week. it started with small "sparkles" around the microwave sender plate, same effect as if you put something metallic in a microwave (not advised!!). I was using it again last night to heat my baby daughters milk, I went into the lounge then heard a loud buzzing so went back into the kitchen to find flames coming out of the same cover on the inside of the microwave. I went to switch the oven off, but when I pressed "STOP" the oven went off for about a second, and to my horror it switched itself back on again and the flames started again. I had to remove the plug from the socket this time. Whirlpool microwaves are a serious fire risk and should be removed from sale until this issue is resolved. If there was issue with one unit, I would have put it down to bad luck, but after 3 different models with the same hazardous fault I wouldn't ever have another in my house. I am about to upload the video of the fault to youtube, This product is an extreme fire hazard, I was fortunate to hear the buzzing noise and went to investigate immediately, Had I not, I dread to think about the consequences.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 October 2011
We recently updated our kitchen from an old 1950s look to bring it right up to the 21st century. As soon as we finished we knew we needed a microwave, the old silver sanyo had served us well but it looked old, and took up too much space.

I'm not aware of another model that is designed like this, with a curved back, and the controls underneath, but I can say it works. It's the only one we could find that would sit in the corner at a 45 degree angle from the wall, so we were hoping it looked it good. I wasn't disappointed, it looks great and feels well made with glossy paint over a metal body. The slick black front also looks good, we've even had people commenting on how good it looks.

In terms of performance it is also very good, the only reason it loses a star is I'm not too fond of the controls. They are touch controls, but you seem to have to plant your thumb on them to get it to work. Once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad, just a little frustrating at first. So it loses a star for that, although the instructions are good enough and you should be using it right out of the box.

One thing that is very useful is the steamer bowl that comes with it. Used it first time I used the microwave and worked just as I hoped. When you steam things there is a pretty good process, you enter what it is you are steaming, then the weight of the food, and the microwave works out the time you need, simples.

All in all, very pleased.
on 25 August 2011
Just as it describes. Functional. Space saving and good steamer too. For my Father who needed a compact microwave oven
on 3 February 2015
Bought this microwave from Currys 3 years ago and its been nothing but trouble. As many other reviewers it keeps switching itself on/off and the timer will increase the cooking time up to 30 mins ! So you can't walk away, you have to stand over it or do what I do and that's set the timer on the cooker or another device, clock, timer, mobile ! Again like other reviewers the touch controls are temperamental, very hard to depress! You have to keep pressing multiple times before it recognises your touch. Last straw was when it caught fire on the inside, I have no warranty and being 3 years old didn't think I stood a chance with customer services but called whirlpool and without quibble they sent out an engineer free of charge, he couldn't fix it so wrote it off and gave me a new one free of charge ! Amazing customer !! service. I just hope I have no problems with the new one ......
on 9 July 2012
Lovely item. I had a more powerful model before but decided to try this expecting slower cooking times
Not noticed this. Only complaint is that cable is very short so you need to have space very close to
A socket.
on 27 March 2015
I have just contacted whirlpool who have offered me
la discounted microwave which whilst good especially as my micro is 3 years old but this doesn't answer my question ,which is could my microwave have caused a fire ? Now to the crux of the matter ,my micro would periodically add extra time to a reheat setting so I would have to be near at hand to reset it ,and recently the microwave started cooking whilst there nothing inside it all on its own accord and the doors are now welded together .It did not stop at all so had we been out of the house I don't know what could have happened ?

They have said I could pay for a engineer to come and check it but I feel in the circumstances a discount could be given on the cost .Has anyone else had similar problems with this model.Mine is a red colour .p.s. my electrics system
is brand new .
on 1 January 2015
Purchased one just over two years ago. Sparked and could have set on fire just after the year. Only used for heating up milk and chocolate for sweets, etc so not really used much as we don't microwave meals. We were offered £75 towards another one so purchased a second one. Same thing has happened sparks flying and worried will set on fire. Cannot leave unattended as before sparks started the microwave would sometimes increase the minutes up to 30 mins all on its own - so not at all safe. Cannot recommend. Great size and concept but not safe to use... this product should be withdrawn until problems sorted.
VINE VOICEon 3 August 2015
A fantastic microwave, looks great in the corner, and the curved inner makes it a lot easier to clean. Have had no problems with it so far, and we use the accompanying steamer more than expected - it's great for veg and potatoes, and even with frozen stuff the inside drainer means veg of all kinds comes out perfect.

The inside is smaller than most microwaves and this is noticeable with microwave pouches - you have to transfer the contents to a dish to fit. Other than that, it's an ideal microwave.
review image review image
on 10 January 2015
it started making funny bleep noises at 11 months old, but i thought nothing of it, then after cooking something, in stead of keeping it warm, it would start up again on its own and the timer set itself for another 25 minutes. if i had not been in the house to see this, I am afraid of what may have happened.
I have also being doubting the heat settings as things just seem to take a lot longer to cook. very disappointed and we bought it 8th January 2014 so just 2 days out od warranty now!