on 12 March 2013
These tools (fork also) are real time savers if you have heavy work to do. They are very well made and you can feel confident in using heavy pressure without fear of snapping (as had three cheaper spades). Worth the extra cost and should last years.
on 21 July 2016
I set about digging up a really stubborn palm with this spade. The very same palm was responsible for wrecking my last spade, which in itself was not a cheap thing. I have to say, this lived up to it's name and we managed to get the palm out. No complaints at all.
on 26 January 2016
Nice, solid digging spade. Haven't had much chance to use it given the time of year, however it seems mega sturdy and is clearly very well put together. Feels much more sturdy than others I've had. Very happy with this one!
on 16 March 2013
Well made, comfortable to use, cuts through the earth easily. We are using it to clear and dig a virgin allotment ( full of couch grass). Hubby loves it to bits and is getting through twice as much in half the time he was with our old spade. Would recommend it to anyone.
on 10 October 2012
After buying several 'top brand' spades which all snapped this one has proved very good, still in one piece. Delivered very quickly. Great product. Thanks
on 22 July 2013
It's always worth spending a bit extra with tools to get quality as cheap tools will not be up to the job. As a gardener I can say this spade is strong and capable of withstanding lots of usage. I have other Spear & Jackson tools and on the whole they are well made tools.
on 30 August 2013
I can't comment on the accuracy of the "never bend" claim as within 20 minutes of using this, the handle snapped.

Although give my experience, I probably wouldn't have too much faith in it.
on 28 December 2012
Only used the spade a couple of times but seems strong enough for my allotment.It was at a great price so no complaints so far.
on 13 August 2014
Very heavy - would have liked a lighter version but just as strong but I suppose the two things are not compatible!
on 15 May 2016
A little heavy for a lady but then it doesn't bend and I have been doing some serious digging !
Perfect for a shorter person live myself.