Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: DVDChange

on 21 November 2010
I always wanted to get into 2How I met Your Mother" so i was very happy when i saw the complete series one and two on Amazon for a great price. I now love this comedy and am ready to buy the next series! Great value and great delivery what more could i ask for!
on 1 June 2011
I have only recently got into How I Met Your Mother by a friend and with 2 whole seasons (44 episodes) for around £[], I decided to buy it. I am glad I did now as it is a great Sitcom that is about a group of friends in New York City when around their 20s in funny situations. These situations are a story of a guy called Ted telling his kids how he met their mother. I laughed so much I have already got seasons 3 and 4 and have just bought seasons 5 and 6. Just a little tip, the seasons are cheaper if bought separately with this set, than the seasons 1 to 5 box set.
22 comments3 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 October 2011
Pure genius, How I Met Your Mother is a brilliant show and seasons 1+2 are how it all started.

Right from "Pilot", the characters are hilarious and endearing. A must see for everyone. Awesome.

Oh, and -DARY!!!
on 9 November 2010
Hillarious and imaginative, all about life in your late 20's early 30's - I can completely relate!!
on 24 January 2013
I started watching this in 2012 after I finished The Big Bang Theory DVDs,after this being recommended by a number of friends.Fell in love with it and currenty playing catch up with the current series (8),on 5 at the moment.The humourand story is right up my alley and Jason Segel and Cobie Smulders are two amazing actors and actresses.I highly recommend this love story told in reverse to all my friends :)
on 18 January 2013
Funny, cool and smart, that is what this show is all about. The story is about the quest for eternal love, it is about genuine friendship and all the questions that affect adults of all ages. The writing is smashing just smashing and it can't get any better. There is not other way to qualify this it is just legendary!
on 29 April 2015
We bought all the seasons as we trusted the five star reviews. Unfortunately it was not what we had expected. We believed it would have been a show similar to Friends or Scrubs (5 stars for us) but it turned out to be a messy series in which many stories were unrealistic and repeated again and again. The love stories (excluding the one with Lily and Marshall) were brief or unnaturally repeated, unrealistic and suddenly ruined by inappropriate jokes. We managed to watch many episodes only because our son aged 17 liked the programme and rated it as 3 stars but for us it was a total agony from the beginning. Absolutely not worth buying!
on 9 January 2013
We started watching this on tv and quite liked it so took the plunge for this dvd. It's funny and thoughtful and has a good cast who all play their individual characters really well. Money well spent.
on 3 January 2012
When I bought How I Met Your Mother, I had already seen all available episodes, three times! It's probably the funniest show I have ever seen. And will keep seeing, over and over again. It just never stops being funny! And who doesn't know Barney Stinson? "Suit up!" and "It's gonna be legen... wait for it.. dary!' have already become iconic punchlines.
I just can't wait to see how Ted actually met the mother of his children. And I can assure you, once you have seen the first few episodes, you won't be able to wait either!
on 28 November 2010
I have been watching HIMYM for 5 years now and I have loved it from day one - no matter who I have shown it to, they have laughed and enjoyed every minute.

A brilliant sitcom-recommend to everyone