on 24 January 2013
I bought this for use in a recipe for a New Year's dinner and I wasn't disappointed - with the recipe or this rich and warm drink. There was plenty left for a glass or two after I'd made the meal, and I'll most definitely be buying Madeira again.
on 25 November 2015
It's worth noting that this product is actually not a Malmsey, as it's made from the Tinta Negra grape as opposed to the Malmsey (or Malvasia) variety. This is the "entry" level wine and is aged for 3 years. That doesn't detract from how pleasant this wine is, but it's not the same as an aged Malmsey and especially unlike a vintage.
For more information: http://www.wine-pages.com/features/blandys-madeira.htm
on 26 January 2015
I loved this rich sweet madeira so much I bought another six bottles up to now.
on 13 November 2015
this is the finest Madeira you can drink, its far too good for cooking with, but I must admit I have done, and got rave reviews from my friends too. this is the best of the best as far as I am concerned.
on 15 May 2015
Started drinking this whilst watching the GE results. At least it brought a little bit of entertainment to the evening.
on 24 April 2015
Cheaper version of a very acceptable Madeira. Case of six enjoyed by a friend and self. A define re-order in future.
on 20 June 2015
My husband lo es this.we went on holiday where they make this and it is great. Its nine euro on Island.but £12 here.
on 25 June 2013
I've done this and Blandy's run a superb facility in Funchal where you can try all their products. Well worth the trip
on 8 January 2016
Delivered quickly and well packed in boxes just right for wrapping as present, She has let me have a small ,very small,,
and its great, sort of cross between a liquor and sherry/
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 January 2016
Was actually delivered to a friend, who reckoned was a nice smooth drink and arrived in plenty of time for christmas
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse