on 5 December 2011
Discovered this delightful drink at a Whisky fair. After tasting some of the world's best whisky's, this liqueur was a fresh surprise, to clean the palette, and tingle the taste-buds. It's a unique drink, with a fairytale history, and can be enjoyed on it's own, or with a dab of whisky. For the price, it's a steal! Just be very careful, this velvet smooth refreshment packs a 41% punch! Don't risk driving, after a few sips.
0Comment30 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 December 2013
This is currently my favourite drink.

Excellent on ice as a winter warmer. Fair gives you a wee glow!

The label also has directions for various cocktails or drinks with KG in it.

By far my favourite way is a tall glass with angostura bitters shaken out, ice in, double KG in it, topped up with ginger ale and a slice of lime. I could just sit and drink that all night. Well, I have and suddenly realised the alcohol creeps up and before I know it I have balance and coordination issues.
on 18 November 2013
Took a real gamble on this as I was in the mood to try something different, the other reviews were promising and there is a little history to this drink which intrigued me.

Well this is lovely, warm, and quite sweet - but not overly so for a liqueur. The ginger is powerful and tickles your throat and the lovely initial flavour is replaced after a few seconds with a warm glow that lingers comfortingly in your throat.

Already persuaded relatives to buy this after tasting my bottle.
on 28 November 2013
Now this really is a favourite of mine. Not a lot to say about it, I found out about it last year and all I can say is it didn't last long and I am not a drinker but I do like a tipple every now and again
VINE VOICEon 17 February 2015
A delicious liqueur, a fiery ginger taste but without an overly sweet or cloying palette. Smooth yet potent and the higher ABV of 43% means the taste is cleaner and more pronounced but without masking the ginger with a raw alcohol burn. Goes very will with coffee and with some cheeses. I'm very impressed with this.
on 30 October 2013
Bought as a present, it was delicious! I've now bought this twice! A sweet heart warming liquor. I would highly recommend.
on 2 October 2014
Purchased for my other half who likes a tipple with a difference. Arrived promptly with good packaging. Worth buying as a present for someone who likes to try something different. Would purchase again as "he" likes it soo much!!
on 13 September 2013
A wonderful liqueur. A friend told us about it, we tried it and loved it. We shall certainly be buying some more!
on 12 November 2015
I have always enjoyed ginger wine particularly in the winter months, and I love ginger in food, so I was intrigued by this liqueur. I expected it to taste mostly of ginger, and even be a bit fierce, but I was very pleasantly surprised to find that it actually has a quite balanced taste of ginger and citrus. It has some bite to it but is milder than ginger wine. It reminded me very much of heavily spiced rum. Recommended to anyone who enjoys ginger.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 5 June 2015
I first tried this a few years ago and absolutely loved it. I've bought it ever since and drink it neat with ice or as a mix with whiskey. It's the perfect way to warm you up on a cold winter's night. I've recommended this liqueur to my family and friends.