on 3 December 2013
I bought this cage from a high street store because it was cheap. I have a Syrian hamster and she has out grown this cage (6 months old). I am looking for a larger replacement. I think this is made for dwarf hamsters (but not robos).

Soo for the review..

My hamster has managed to escape this cage before but I think that was down to the front cage door having a poor design. The cage door occasionally swings open if a some force from the hamster is put on it. I've had to tie a wire around the latch to stop this.

The wire frame is pretty poorly constructed in my opinion. Each wall just latches on to the other. But this is okay for a syrian, not sure how this may affect smaller rodents.

The water bottle leaked like crazy and the wheel was far too small. So basically I would've been better off going for a better more expensive cage.

But after a few adjustments, it is an okay cage. Just be wary of the cage doors if you decide to get one.
on 20 January 2012
Have one of these (bought from an alternative source to Amazon). While it is a little tricky to put together due to the way its made, its more than robust enough for purpose, and easy enough to take apart for cleaning and reassembly (unlike our other fancy Habitrail cage, which while impressive and more expensive is a pain to clean out).
I can't help but feel however that some of the reviewers are some how 'doing it wrong' or got unlucky on the quality checking as we've got a pair of Roborovski Hamsters aka 'The Smallest of all Hamsters' and theres no way they can fit through the bars or the edges.
on 5 May 2013
This is a great starter cage as it has a house, wheel, two levels with two food trays and a drink bottle. I personally changed where the levels went so I could fit bigger toys in, great starter set and very easy to clean.
on 20 October 2012
This cage is NOT at all suitable for a syrian. I would argue that it is not even suitable for 2 dwarfs. Pairs or groups of hamsters should always have access to a wheel each to run on or else they will fight. You won't fit another wheel in, I tried. The levels will also cause your pair of dwarfs to fight as they only have one way of getting up and down, and they will become territorial. It caused my dwarfs to push each other off of the top level. The wheel is also too small for most dwarfs, so an absolute no-go for a Syrian. It may be better suited for robo dwarf hamsters. The house inside is a good size for a pair of dwarfs, although the hole will be too small for a syrian. There is hardly any floor space, meaning no space to runaround or add toys. All these factors combined will make a very unhappy syrian hamster or a very unhappy pair of dwarfs. It could possibly be ok for a single robo hamster to live in at a push, although they will miss not having any toys.

If you are looking for a cage with lots of space for runaround and toys, room for a good sized bed and wheel, more accesible, cleaner with no sawdust on the floor, no bar chewing (Safer for your hamster so they don't develop sores on their noses!), at 1/2 of the price, look into creating your own Bincage! Much cheaper, customiseable and most importantly, happier hamsters!
on 3 July 2013
Ideal for a dwarf hamster def or a baby hamster to start off. The wire is a bit tricky to push into base - but does go with a push. Good little complete set.
on 9 September 2011
Was a great bargain ! Much better than any cage 3 times the price. My hamster loves running up any down the levels and climbing up the cage bars and it has lots of room for toys.
on 10 May 2013
After seeing some reviews about this i wasn't sure what to expect but. when i got it and put my Daughters hampster in itwas alright.. there is gaps at each corner but my hampster cannot get out of it.. the ''front door'' is very stiff we use the top hatch to get hampster out.. but apart from that my hampster loves this... i would say a very good buy
on 12 November 2013
Title sums it up!

I bought it in an emergency, and it didn't turn up on the day it was supposed to as a prime customer, but it arrived the next day.
I assembled it as per the instructions and thought it looked like it was going to be a decent cage. I WAS WRONG. The metal frame does not fit correctly into the plastic tray, and the clips to hold it together don't reach their holder.

As a result, my dwarf hamster, who I adored, managed to escape out the side, and is sadly no more. I was waiting for delivery of a new cage, which arrived 3 hours after I discovered the dead hamster.

I've emailed amazon, as I feel a refund is in order, but I would strongly urge anyone who actually cares about their pets to find a different cage, as this one just isn't up to scratch at all.
on 6 October 2013
Looks great but that's about it. The metal part is a terrible fit into the plastic tray, the clips which hold it together don't! When doesn't turn, water bottle dripped constantly and soaked the bedding, generally terrible, I bought in an emergency but would not recommend anyone to buy this product.
on 23 April 2014
A really great value cage, my son has just bought a Robrovski Dwarf hamster and it loves it. There is plant of room for him. The toys / house / water bottle are a nice touch however not why I bought the cage.

I managed to buy for £14.99 on the high street. Now that is a bargain!