Size: 20-Pack|Style Name: AA|Change

VINE VOICEon 20 September 2012
Easy to purchase, good value when compared against the major brands in price, capacity, and power, what is more in basic packaging that comes easily through your letterbox.
When first delivered the batteries gave a voltage of 1.62V and this was maintained over a fairly long period of storage and has only decreased slightly over a period of intermittent use. If subjected to a short period of high drain they recovered well, though this ability understandably deteriorates with continued high drain usage. I replaced batteries in three handsets, and a couple of clocks over 12 months ago, and so far none have required changing.
Indicated shelf life of my last purchase was in excess of four years.
on 3 January 2013
I've been using these for some time now in various low drain devices and I kept a record of how long they lasted in comparison to the Duracell Plus batteries I was previously using. In every case this has been between 58% and 64%. Prices vary, but they seem relatively poor value when compared to Duracell.

I know that there are significant variations in the performance of different batches of batteries but this seems fairly conclusive.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 31 October 2013
Batteries are hard to compare unless you're set up to test their endurance properly, and I still have not got around to that. <sigh>
Sticking these into battery powered things from high-consumption (eg DSP guitar effects unit) to micro-power these are seemingly OK for the money.
The Zoom DSP guitar box eats these in (about) 40 hours intermittent use over several weeks, whereas the electric wall clock that runs for two or three years with Mallory/Duracell equivalents is only good for about 14 months with these.
But that is still fair value!
Recommended - unless longest possible life is the priority.
Remember you can also get Duracell in large packs from Amazon - for the best deals look for the Duracell Procell packs
on 7 February 2015
Leaked in the packaging. I have known batteries to leak after being left for a long time in an item, but these had leaked in the packaging before use! Just as well I didn't use them. I have now cancelled my subscribe & Save & will stick paying a bit more for named brand batteries.
on 8 January 2015
For AA/AAA batteries I usually buy the bulk packs from Toys'R'Us and generally for toys/torches etc. but thought I'd give these a try as they're around the same price/battery. Since Xmas I've used these in 2 radio controlled car transmitters and a digital camera, all with moderate use, and they're still running. They came packaged in a tight box which conveniently fittted through the letter box. Would buy again based on my experience so far.
on 12 April 2016
I bought these as some spares but can’t say Id recommend them. Despite the excellent price point, they just don’t last. I’ve used them in remote controls, childrens toys, battery powered tools, torches and more and its been evident that they just don’t last. Sure they’ll make do as a stop gap, but I’d recommend going for a well known alternative premium brand. They wont cost much more (per hour of life that is) but you wont be constantly changing batteries.

Life’s too short to spend it changing batteries!
on 8 April 2013
Low quality batteries with low lifetime. I would step up for the slightly more expensive ones as they will last longer.
on 22 March 2015
I found about half the pack were completely discharged after being stored in the box for about a year (still well within the expiry date written on the batteries). I have never had this happen to any other make of alkaline battery before. I won't be buying any more of these.
on 16 July 2016
These are AAA batteries - They last just as long as other named batteries I've purchased... to be fair I didn't measure that scientifically but lets face it the TV remote isn't fussy about who it lets inside it and these cheap floozies will keep fulfilling his charge dreams.
These are cheap batteries, and you get what you pay for. They only last 50-60% as long as Duracells, and the latter are only slightly more expensive. I thought I was saving money by buying these, but I just ended up changing batteries twice as often.

Avoid.