on 17 April 2011
I am very impressed with these lights, they do their job really well and are very stylish looking. I left them to charge for 3 days as per the instructions, and since then they have stayed illuminated after I've given up and gone to bed - and I'm a night owl. They are very sturdily constructed and I can imagine them lasting for a good many years, giving them proper 'green' credentials - unlike many other solar lights. The spike is long and metal and so should cope with tough ground. The light from them is nice and bright, making them ideal to light a pathway - I have mine outside my summerhouse. Great value for money.
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 April 2011
These lights are great as they can be seen over tall plants, and give crisp white light even in an area that only has partial sunlight. I left switched off for 3 days as per the instructions and was very pleased by the amount of light once darkness fell, they still glow on dull days. The metal spike makes them ideal for harder soil and will prevent them from being snapped off by my dogs which has happened in the past to lights on a plastic spike. They were noticed by my son who commented how bright they were.
on 19 July 2012
These lights look great. They light up for a good while, even on gloomy days, and they are very stylish. I live in North Yorkshire and have had them for a nearly a year now: I have had no problems whatsoever.
on 27 May 2013
Bought two sets to highlight edge of lawn. They all work as I'd hoped, Nice warm light. At this time of year (mid May) they light from around 9.15pm until 4.00 am, even when it has been overcast. Every light is in shade for at least part of the day although all get some sun. They look fine, are sturdy and work as described. Would recommend them.
on 16 April 2011
Fantastic product - smart & modern, well made and actually do light a reasonable area. Will look good in any type of garden situation - Have had other solar lights - these do leave the others in the shade!! would I buy more - definately.
Well - an update end jan 2013. I got these in April 2011 and we're now almost through 2 winters. They've been lit over the winter months, although not for very long after dusk, which is not a problem for me. Have just had a good look at them. They are not cracked or showing signs of any degrading in their quality or appearance, despite sub zero temperatures, snow etc. But they are showing signs of being much more durable than others I've got and spent more on.
0Comment21 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 December 2011
I bought these lights to replace an inexpensive set. I was impressed by the quality and the good looks of the lights. They came fully charged and provided an impressive glow late into the night on the first use. On subsequent nights they were going dim by 6.30 and completely out by 7.30. The cause it appears is the limited amount of light available on dull winter days and combined with a high drain on the batteries of two leds in each lamp they only remained lit for 2 - 3 hours. I was disappointed with this shortcoming and returned the lights. The previous lower quality lights remained on far longer but of course were less bright
11 comment8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 September 2011
Well good and bad.

Bad:
- 1 of 2 did not work (sigh!)
- On-Off switch label useless, sometimes 2 per switch (at different angles) and sometimes at 90' to the switch itself (and batteries won't charge on the 'off' position), and the pair do not match layouts!
- The Lid (holding all valuable batteries, circuits, LED & solar panel) is loose on top of light, easily dislodged and lost
- Rather light gauge steel construction
- Rather flimsy plastic spike (also loose)
- The reflector is an unpolished steel cone: mirror would have been brighter
- Cost!
- The main circuits and 'gubbins' is in lid, and if laid on the ground or falls from the holder, rests on a tranistor and the LEDs which are mounted on frail soldered wires: I can't see those lasting long!

Good:
- Bright
- Size is good
- Better than the usual solar garden lamp
- On-off switch easily acessible and a nice touch

Back it has to go Alas
on 10 April 2011
I am very impressed with quality of these lights especially with the ground spike, as other models in the same price range have been supplied with plastic spikes, but these are supplied with metal ones that actually screw onto the light rather than clipping on to the light.

The brightness of the lights are very good, mostly down to two LEDs but also the light casing seem to help with the brightness as they are almost self illuminating, even in daylight they seem to glow.

The lights last quite well even from a charge from a overcast day.

The only downside of these light is that I wanted to put the light in the front garden, so I would of liked to screw the lights down rather than spiking them in the flower bed for a bit of security for the lights.
on 21 October 2011
Don't get me wrong, they look good from a distance, but these lights are cheaper quality than I expected from the image and description. For £15 each though, they definitely do the trick. London Made in China.
on 9 May 2013
I purchased 2 sets of these lights last August and have just ordered another 2 sets as I am delighted with them. Once fully charged they have lit up my patio area every night, come dull or sunny days, and throughout the winter. Its just amazing how much light they give out, so I wanted to light the other side of my patio. They look expensive and are very well made, which is why I hadn't purchased any other solar lights beforehand, as they looked cheap, whereas these look as if they will last for years. Very stylish product and well worth the cost.
As I have received emails prompting me to leave a review, as my sister-in-law asked me to order 3 sets of these lights for her as she loved the look of mine. Unfortunately 1 of the lights did not work, so I contacted the seller who immediately despatched another set. My sister-in-law is delighted with the light they give out and the quality, and is going to purchase more sets, and so is her neighbour.
Since adding another 2 sets of lights to our patio, to the area directly outside our back door, my 14 year old westie who cannot see very well after dusk, jumps out through his dog-flap to go outside. Previously I had to switch an outdoor light on for him otherwise he was too afraid to go out.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse