on 19 April 2011
This solar light is EXCELLENT. I assembled it myself (logical instructions/easy to do) with no problems at all. I put it about 5' to the side of my front door - it illuminates the path, my five front steps and the door itself and beyond. Not only did it illuminate the areas I was concerned with - BONUS - it illuminated part of my garden, which showed me, for the first time, who had been emptying my bird bath every night - a Bathing Barn Owl - wonderful. I LOVE THIS SOLAR LIGHT and I heartily recommend it to everyone.
22 comments57 of 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 May 2011
I looked all over for a good outside solar light, something that isn't the usual pound shop tat sold on for massive profits (Like a lot seem to be).

I found this light after hours of looking around, and it sounded way in front of anything else, so after reading a few reviews I bought it. I'm definitely not disappointed with it as well, it has a good quality feel to it, quite weighty but not over so, it gives out a good amount of light as well. It wont light a garden up or anything like that, but it gives off a good amount, enough so that it would well illuminate a door etc.

If your looking for a GOOD solar powered exterior light, buy this one, it wont break the bank and gives very good value for money.
0Comment48 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 November 2012
Super item with a good bright light, Great for summer evenings it supplies just the right amount of light for a small patio .
on 5 August 2013
Brilliant Solar Light, gives enough light on the steps up to the House. Never thought it would be strong enough to light the stairs, but it proved me wrong. I may get another one. also it looks so good when it is on the wall.
on 13 July 2013
Don't waste money buying cheap solar lights. We are very happy with this product. We have two on the wall next to our garden table. The lights have never left us in the dark.
on 13 July 2013
Very good bright enough to see at night when letting yourself in, I come home at allsorts of hours of the morning with sift work and its fine would recommend it
on 9 May 2011
A really great product, solar lighting must have come on alot in the past few years, because this light is so much better than anything we've bought before. It looks good - very contemporary (pleasantly surprised) and we have put it on a south facing wall and it goes strong throughout the night with a good, strong white light. Highly recommend it.
0Comment20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 October 2012
Over the years,I have tried many Solar Lights. Solar technology has come on in leaps and bounds since the early days. The Canterbury Solar Wall Light, for me, is the best Light I have ever tried, being well constructed, all metal and easy to assemble. The light that is emitted, gives a soft white diffused evenly spread illumination. Very impressed with the power that the two AA 600mamps batteries put out. I have fitted Five of the Canterburys onto a South facing wall on my terrace and they come on at dusk and are still going strong as dawn starts to break. At this time of the year, here in Andalucia, thats a good 10 hours. The Canterbury is very stylish and elegant in looks and is well designed.I particularly like the fact that the Solar electrics, e.g.solar panel, batteries, LED bulb etc, are confined in the metal cap at the very top of the fitting. In the month that they have been in position, I have not had any problems at all and they have come through two Thunderstorms with plenty of rain, without mishap. As a so called Solar light anorak of some twenty odd years standing, I can throughly recommend The Canterbury Solar Wall Light.

UPDATE
March 2014.

Of the five Canterbury solar lights installed in October 2012, four of them have still have the original batteries and are working 100%. The fifth Light: I changed the original batteries today as the Light was not staying on during the Night, going off at 3am. As I say, the remaining Four Light are still going strong. I can only endorse my earlier comments of October 2012:
on 13 February 2013
Well made quality product. Worth the money. Used on an outdoor building on our farm and has worked all year round. Very bright white light. Would buy again.
on 24 July 2012
The lights have been great the quality of the product is fantastic and they look great at night I'm very pleased with this light and would recommend the company.

The Solar charge is very good too, I was very amazed how long they where on for even during the winter.