on 21 August 2014
if you are going to buy these because of their brand (AKG is know for their hi quality audio devices) than please stop there and read a couple more reviews before you make up your mind.
I've had these for a while and I am not impressed with them:
- they are wireless
- the battery will last about 10 hours and it takes about 60 min to fully charge
- quality built

- ergonomically speaking, the controls are awful; the buttons on the earpiece are really annoying and hard to get used to
- they are on ear, not over ear; this means that they get unconformable if you have them on more than a couple of hours at a time
- the sound is average at best; I bought these because they are AKG and I was expecting very good sound quality; the base is not deep at all and the mids are lacking vibrance.
- they suffer from data loss if you are further than 2 meters from the transmitter; that kind of sucks because the whole point of having bluetooth headphones is that you have freedom of movement.
- and last but not least, very pricey; for this much money you can get much better headphones

if you can get a good deal on them than they are worth it (like 50 ponds tops) because you would be getting a well build item but with an average sound quality.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 May 2013
Bought these about 18months ago but only writing the review now. These are good headphones but a little steep on the price tag IMHO.
Lightweight, compact and good sound quality for a bluetooth headset. Battery life has been good but eventually gave up on me last week
after 18months of continuous daily use. I've replaced the lithium polymer battery and they are now working perfectly again. Downsides are
the headset controls can be awkward to use especially on the move and the mike isn't great when taking calls but it does the job adequately.
I have to say tho that after switching to cable free bluetooth I couldn't go back.. You might want to check out Creative WP-350 which score well
in reviews and are considerably cheaper.
on 22 September 2014
The only reason for rating these headphones 4 and not 5 stars is because the fit is not always that good. Yes they are fully adjustable but when moving around a lot i.e. in the garden, then they do have a tendency to move a lot as well, therefore really good if just sitting. Otherwise sound, tone and comfort are all excellent, and for the price I paid, £39.99 instead of £149.99 !!!, then I can't grumble.
Not yet tried the microphone but I did not get them for this so this will probably be a good thing to have when I eventually use it. The battery life seems good but the 'on-board' buttons are a little fiddly.
Overall very satisfied with these headphones.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 April 2015
I'm reviewing these headphones on the basis that they cost me just €50 (£36.50 as of Apr 7, 2015), and I would review them at 3 or maybe just 2 stars if they cost in excess of £80!

- They pair easily with my LG G3 smartphone, and once paired, reconnection is never an issue
- as a headset, the voice quality is excellent. The people I have called have not noticed any issues with mic volume or feedback echo
- for music listening, they are clear, crisp and not tiring. Treble is not too busy, and mids are nice. Bass adequate, if not particularly impressive
- bluetooth bandwidth and codec compression appears to be adequate for my 224kbps VBR mp3 files. I have not tested the headphones with FLAC or APE files, since I don't store them on my smartphone due to the hefty file size
- for podcasts, sound is perfectly clear, and voices are rich
- range is quite good, around 10m as stated, when in line of sight, and about 7-8m even when line of sight is interrupted by thin walls, double glazing, doors etc
- comfortable, with adjustable neckband, well padded ear cups and headband
- well made, overall (even if the buttons are "clicky")
- they fold up in a typical DJ style, so they are easy to carry in a jacket pocket
- charges quickly (although I often use a high speed USB charger, 1.0-1.6A)

- nasty buttons: cheap feel, poor placement, loud clicking sound when pressed
- no 3.5mm jack to allow direct wired connection. FYI, I knew this before I purchased them, but I would be giving 5 stars if they did
- irritating blue LED on the outside of the left hand earpiece flashes every 4 seconds, and it's bright enough to illuminate a dark room. Completely unnecessary, IMO

As you can see, the number of pros outweigh the cons by a significant margin, but the cons are major gripes for me, the biggest drawback being the lack of a wired connection for fallback reasons or for when listening to high quality / lossless audio. If the BT module, USB module or battery fails, they will end up in the bin. Presumably, AKG feels that adding a 3.5mm jack would put them into direct competition with the BT headsets in a higher price bracket. However, I have seen headsets in the same price range with BT, NFC and wired connectivity (August EP650, Avantree Audition), so I think it should have been provided.

At €50/£35 or less, these headphones (provided they turn out to be durable, as I would expect from any AKG cans) represent very good value. I would simply not have considered them at a higher price.
on 2 February 2013
Bought a set if these just to link with my iMac. Do the job pretty well but get the sense you're paying for the Bluetooth technology rather than the quality. It's not that the quality is bad its just not as good as the price you pay would suggest.
on 21 March 2014
remarkable headset inflight i would leave my seat a music source device to walk the thirty or fourty yards or so to the toilet with uninterupted sound. i never hear babies cry-ing just the landing gear touching down.
on 23 September 2014
I recently bought some wireless ear phones from Amazon, they were Sonixx ones which were about £40.00 and thought they were ok, they were " in the ear " ones, however I lost contact a bit when I was using them whilst vacuuming and listening to music
When I saw these AKG ones advertised at about the same price, more or less I thought I may as well try them. They are fandabbydozey, I love them I charged the battery initially and it is still going about ten hours later ! Great and well worth the price of 40.00 I paid.
I do not use them for a mobile phone though so cannot comment on their use with phones.
on 6 June 2015
I bought these Bluetooth headphones 10 months ago , and for some reason I've never used them . I tried them out today , and lo and behold , they worked fine . I tried them first with an iPhone , then an iPad , then lastly with a new iMac, and they were spot on . It's a bonus for me that they work well with the iMac , It means I can watch movies etc without disturbing anyone , people in the next room , neighbours etc . To sum up , they sound good , they're comfortable , affordable , it means that , what they say on the tin is correct . I'm very pleased with them .
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
really good headset, good, clear sound quality, easy to pair with iPhone 6 plus and iPad 4 (haven't tried them with anything else but can't believe that there would be problems), nice and sturdy and easy to charge. In use the controls, on/off volume and answer/hang up are all on the left ear piece as is the charging port. What more could one want....well...., very comfortable on the ears though virtually impossible to wear a 'beanie' or other ear covering hat in the cold need a 'hoody' for that.
on 31 January 2015
Superb quality but I haven't used them much due to battery not lasting all night. This is probably only a nuisance to me, as I often have sleepless nights, so I am not complaining. High end for a low price. I own Bose comfort on ear headphones for my iPad , they are best as still use the traditional cable. Range of music, from high treble to deep bass, all play well on the k830 though. Get if you can't justify sennhauser or beats.

See one answered question