on 25 January 2016
I was genuinely surprised how good this mouse is; less than a tenner, and it's really thoughtfully designed. The wireless receiver slots into the base of the mouse for storage, the sides are nicely textured, the thumb buttons have distinct textures so you can tell them apart easily. The power saving function is great, just click a button to turn the mouse back on again. You can choose to have the lights on or off, it's got a couple of buttons for quickly changing the DPI, which is great for photoshop and presumably also fps games. Even the packaging is well done; simple brown box and bubble wrap pouch instead of a massive shiny branded box.

The drivers provided are optional, as it seems to be a class-compliant device, but if you do install them, the only slight issue is that buttons 4 and 5 are mislabelled in the configuration page (switch them around, smooth button is 5, textured button is 4). I'd recommend ditching the supplied software and using something like Highrez XmouseButttonCcontrol
on 17 May 2014
Hi.

This feels like a quality mouse, clicking it is quality, it isn't as noisy as my previous mouse and it oozes quality.

The set up was easy, my Windows 8.1 PC recognised the mouse before I put the software disk in.

My pc is about a metre away from the mouse under a solid table - it works without a problem.

I haven't used the programmable facilities.

It looks great and there is a 3 way switch on the bottom - Off, On without the blue lights and On with the blue lights.

The USB dongle is fixed on the bottom of the mouse when it arrives - you just pop it oue and slot it into a USB on your PC.

It is too early to say regarding battery life.
on 24 December 2015
I've had this mouse for about 4 months now and feel that's long enough to have put it through its paces. So here is my unbiased review of it:
My reason for purchasing a wireless mouse was due to space restriction, a wired mouse was just too much of a hassle and I didn't have full freedom in movement so I looked around and picked this up due to its reviews.

1) Aesthetics
It's a good looking mouse. you'd think due to the glossy surface that it would be a fingerprint magnet, but thanks to the grey colour it's hard to notice unless you go looking for it. The blue Led lights are nice if that's your thing, personally I kept them off to preserve battery. Overall, a sleek looking mouse which definitely looks like its built for gaming.

2) Ergonomics
Again, you'd think that it would be a slippery mouse because of the surface, but I felt no such thing. I'm a palm grip user (Right-handed) and I never really found the mouse to be uncomfortable in any way. The buttons on the side are well placed, almost impossible to missclick and the scroll wheel feels very nice to use. The buttons are tactile and not too noisy either.

3) Performance
I'll start by saying you can never replace the lack of latency and input lag you get from a wired mouse. I didn't feel this mouse hindered my performance in games (FPS, mmorpg, single player) so I'm very happy in that area. For best performance, I recommend using it on a mouse-pad and close to the receiver. The DPI button is also nice to have on the move, can change settings quickly for different games etc. The mouse is quite close to my wireless receiver so I can't comment on the range it works at but I'm sure it does a fine job. Battery life is decent and can be very good depending on the brand/quality of batteries you use.

If your in the market for a competitively priced wireless mouse for both gaming and everyday use, play it safe and go with this!

TeckNet® High Precision Programmable Wireless Gaming Mouse With 2000 DPI, Nano Receiver, 5 Programmable Button, 5 User Profiles
review image
on 12 December 2013
Ordered this for my 15 yr old son as a gaming mouse. He is thrilled with it and its a fraction of the price you would pay instore, they are massively over priced for much lover spec in places like Tesco. Son says its easy to programme and is lovely to play with,
on 17 January 2016
It feels and looks a bit cheap, but for a tenner it's not bad. Battery power consumption can't be great on it as the new Duracel I put in it already appears to be running out after only a few weeks as I'm now getting a red flashing light coming out of the mouse (I don't use the mouse lights to save power). By contrast, the £25 Logitech mouse I also use can last longer than a year, which is impressive. If the batter life is going to run out so quickly with this mouse, it perhaps might have been worth it to buy a better mouse.
on 30 January 2014
Recently spent a lot of money on a custom built gaming PC and needed to save some money on a wireless gaming mouse to go with it, So based purely on the price and its reviews I brought this one and what a bargain! I have tried it on a number of games ranging from demanding FPS games like BF4, Crysis etc through to simulation games like Cities XL and it hasnt let me down yet. The tracking is accurate and fast and doesn't stick or jump, the build is strong and sturdy with a comfortable design that makes long use a pleasure while the two extra side buttons make complicated games like Crysis more accessible and entertaining. Coud also mention that I have my PC plugged into my TV and despite the fact that my sofa is over 9 feet away, the wireless signal has never weakened or fluctuated. If you are therefore looking for a high quality gaming mouse on a budget, I would definitely recommend this one.
on 15 July 2016
For the price it's quite good, need to make sure there's not much interference between the usb and mouse otherwise it does get stuck at times. So far haven't needed to change the battery (had it about two months). I keep the lights off to save power, I wouldn't recommend turning it on at all in case you forget and it sucks up more battery power than it needs.
on 22 June 2014
I've been through tons of gaming mice. Been through the Razer £50 series stuff, the £30-£50 Rat transforming mice, and through countless cheap £10-£20 stuff to find something I like.

I always landed going back to my 3000 microsoft mouse, for some reason it just felt a lot more precise and controllable, and I never found a gaming mouse that could make me feel like I was more in control.

This was assumed to be another wild purchase, another attempt at finding a replacement for the now ageing microsoft mouse, except this time we found a winner.

The shape, weight, and dpi precision is great for the demanding gamer, and I can play league of legends and counter strike without any problems at all. Definitely the best gaming mouse I've used from about 15+ specimens over the last 5+ years.

You can turn the lights off to save battery, the battery life is fantastic, it even puts itself into a standby mode if it hasn't moved in a certain time frame, and you can reactivate it by clicking left or right mouse to resume control. Mouse wheel is comfortable, fluid, and responsive. Dpi buttons are nicely placed for quick changes (there's also an up/down dpi button, where a lot of gaming mice simply put one button and you have cycle all the way through to reach a lower setting again!).

Genuinely a 5 star product, and the only way you're going to do better than this is to splash £50+ on a razer or equivalent.
The lower side of £30, you won't find anything better!
on 2 July 2015
I gotta say this mouse exceeded my expectations. Never felt such a need to write a review for an item I have bought before. Originally I was put off by the horrible annoying lights, however decided to order it anyway. Turns out the mouse has an on/off switch but there's also a third button that let's you turn it on with the lights left off and this leads to saving battery but also makes it look much less flashy but elegant. It runs on one AA battery which is not included but once I set that in, it was ready to go. I was a bit annoyed when I saw the software disc but it turned out to run without it even, the added software only offers additional customization options for those who want them. So the product serves every need without any annoying negative side effects.
An update, after using it for a while I found out that it has a couple of additional neat features. It seems to go into standby mode for battery saving if you don't move the mouse for a while, so no need to worry about turning off if you go away. You turn it back on by simply clicking the mouse button, very convenient. And secondly, there is a blinking light indicator for low battery which works even if you have the mouse lights turned off, useful to get a heads up for when you need to pop in a new battery and not be left without a mouse in the middle of your game.
on 14 January 2016
Had this mouse as a spare in my bag as I travel a lot. Used it loads while on the road and think its a great mouse. Battery life is amazing ( still got the first battery in it ) and it adds no weight in my bag. The usb dongle is stored in the bottom of the mouse which is really handy and makes sure you don't lose it. Feels a little cheap when clicking but that is me being picky.

Great bargain, very happy!