4.3 out of 5 stars2,547

on 22 April 2015
This mouse disproves the myth that 'you get what you pay for' in this area. Other mice that cost several times more than this are equal to the standard of this and I think for its price this mouse is a bargain.

The mouse features several programmable buttons which can be programmed in its very own driver program (which i had trouble getting hold of to start off with as i do not use a disc drive.) The button can be assigned to different macros or keys which i find incredibly useful for things such as gaming or shortcut keys in productivity. This mouse feels incredibly solid and includes a metal base in which a compartment where weights can be added or taken out to customize movement. The matte finish on the mouse surface has a very nice feel and doesn't feel cheap at all, and I have owned this for several months now and it still shows no signs of wear at all.

The mouse features a nylon threaded wire which is long enough for most operations, and i find unlike my other mice the wire doesn't rub against the desk. This, paired with the incredibly high quality sensor, makes movement with this mouse on any surface an easy task. As a gamer, i had a very good experience using this mouse in both first person shooter and other games.

Underneath the mouse there is a small button which toggles between 5 completely customisable modes, which are set to different DPI levels by default. These can be changed to allow different functions for the buttons and lights which are all placed on the mouse very well. The mouse also features a few rubber grips on the bottom which stop any sort of scratching onto the surface the mouse is being used on without causing friction and compromising movement speed.

So overall, the only negative thing i have to say about this mouse is that the scroll wheel light colour cannot be changed easily, however this is not a big deal as I'm sure there's a way that i haven't found out yet, and the availability of the driver isn't the best if the user doesn't have a CD/DVD drive installed although I'll post a link below this review. Everything else about this mouse is incredible and has blown me away with its quality and small price. I would definitely recommend to anyone who is thinking about buying a mouse, especially for gaming purposes.

Driver program: http://www.tecknetonline.com/download/MouseKeyboard/M008_V1.0.zip
review image review image review image
55 comments14 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2015
Fast delivery, well packaged and received undamaged. Having Amazon Prime I ordered this mouse on the Saturday morning and it was delivered on the Sunday..Excellent. Setting up was fast, easy and hassle free, Having had my (£70) Logitek G700 give up on me I was looking for the sam kind of button set up and DPI control for different ingame and media control, I came across this TeckNet M009. It seemed to look the same had roughly the same button lay out and shape as the Logitek at a much, much lower price, the only difference I could see was it wasn't wireless but that wasn't going to be a deal breaker as the Logitek was mostly plugged in on charge anyway(still usable). Anyway, so plugged the TeckNet in a spare USB socket and loaded the software up then clicked on the "mouse setting" icon on my desktop. The settings menu/window is instantly easily understood and very well layed out. So many settings for the hardcore gamer or Media buff, or simple settings for the casual computer user. Multi button configerations Ie: Macros, single key stroke, multi key stroke and many more..Mouse acceleration, pointerspeed scroll speed, double click speed with tester panel and a Polling rate in Hz..Then the next window is DPI multi speed setting, next window is the mouse light colour which has brightness levels or off, and a multi colour chart for custom colour, your choice. also there is a "breathing" control which makes the light pulsate at a steady breathing rate which is also speed controlable..Once you are happy with your personel set up go back to page 1 in the window and click on any of the 5 profile save buttons and your all set to go. Having 5 profile save spaces you have full control in any game or media centre/software on the fly. different profile settings changes the colour of the mouse wheel so you know exactly what profile you are using all the time. You can also set the DPI settings on the fly with the 2 buttons just below the mouse wheel, theres also 4 tiny red LED lights to let you know what DPI setting you have chosen..+ comes with a set of small weights which slot into a compartment on the underside of the mouse so you can play around with the lightness or the solid weighted feel to your desire..Excellent! This is a been a long review as I'm very impressed with the overal features and settings control you have and usually I pay silly money for the best of what is avaiiable for my needs. This mouse has really changed my mind on my spending habbits..So I can not fault this TeckNet M009 mouse at all and thouroughly reccomend to any gamer, media buff or casual computer user out there! Forgot to mention "comfort"...Slots in the hand very nice and all the buttons are exactly where you want them to be, the mouse has a non slip surface and feels great. The buttons have a nice clear "click" when pressed so doesn't feel cheap and nasty at all. Mouse wheel has a very slight notchy guide for precise positioning..Good stuff.
review image review image review image
66 comments61 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 July 2013
Product was much much better than I had expected.

Nice feel and customization, it includes weights to add into the mouse to give it a heavier/lighter feel!.

I think this might be a rebranded Anker gaming mouse (which costs alot more). You can download the drivers from the Anker site, and then use it to customize the light colours etc (personally I turn them all off for gaming in the dark, I find the blue lights distracting)

7 programmable buttons (if you include the scroll click) and a button on the bottom to swap profiles. What more could you want?!?

Would of happily paid more for this mouse!
66 comments90 of 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 December 2015
So after the best part of 4 years my Corsair Vengeance M60 finally started to give up the ghost. Occasional stutters and input lag signalled its best times were now behind it. This was without a doubt my favourite mouse of all time. I don't value or need lots of buttons, for the most part I think they're ugly and have no need for mapping 50 buttons; I'm old school.

What I do value is quality and the M60 had this in abundance. Its metal frame stood the test of time and felt extremely satisfying in the hand. It was supremely comfortable, and it had just the right amount of buttons to add a little bit of extra functionality that was actually useful in everyday use such as the forward and back buttons when surfin' the web.

Thus the time came to replace the lil guy.

The obvious replacement was the Corsair M65. After all, it is the same mouse albeit with a slightly adjusted 'Sniper' button that puts it within closer reach of the thumb (one of the only gripes about the M60 was this - it was an awkward backwards movement to reach it that felt really unnatural and as such I can't remember ever using it) and a higher DPI sensor. DPI sensor numbers don't have any bearing on my decision when choosing a new mouse. I found my DPI Shangri-La with the Logitech MX500 which topped out at 800 DPI and I never went beyond 1,000/1,200 with the M60. Even the somewhat paltry, by today's standards, 5,000 DPI felt insane. Why would anyone need to be able to move the equivalent of 50 monitors from the flick of a wrist? Maybe these higher DPIs have their application with multiple-monitor and/or ultra high resolution set-ups, but for me who games on a 1080 monitor these numbers are simply exorbitant. For reference, I always leave the Windows mouse sensitivity set to exactly half way and have pointer precision disabled.

To cut a long story short(er) I decided against the M65 plainly because I didn't feel like spending £50+ on a mouse at this point. I'd bought my girlfriend a TeckNet Pro 2.4G Wireless Mouse - in purple ofc :P - a couple of weeks ago and was really impressed with the build quality, comfort and performance of such an inexpensive wireless mouse. When the M60 started exhibiting issues I toyed with the idea of purchasing one for myself as the replacement. I'm not what you would call a serious gamer anymore, my days of clan matches and chasing 3+ KDRs on CSS are long gone (and replaced with chasing positive KDRs '>_<) so a wireless mouse now seemed like a viable alternative to having yet more cables cluttering my desk. Ugh, cables.

Anyway the Pro 2.4G was great for all the usual applications and web browsing but hadn't tried it to see how it performed in a game. Hence I loaded up Far Cry 4 single player (now I'm just a casual gamer single player is what matters to me, multiplayer is just a nice bonus) and gave it a spin. Yep, it worked. I moved the mouse and Ajay Ghale similarly reproduced the movements accurately in the game. So that was that and I was happy to consider a wireless mouse - the only downside of the Pro 2.4G that stopped me from going with it was its size. I have large(ish) hands and like a mouse I can just slap my fingers over and let the mouse do all the supporting like a barcalounger does for an overweight bloke watching a sports game.

You can see where the rest of this review is going; enter TeckNet's DELTECK 2.4G wireless gaming mouse. "Hmmmmmmm", I thought, could this be the one? I did an initial mental check-list (which I will transcribe below for your entertainment) against the offered specs:

DPI

Overall not important but the five cyclic options with a max of 2,400 sounded great for on the fly switching should I ever need it. I also like the fact that they're pre-programmed and I don't have to mess about with software to 'fine-tune' to my preferences, which can be great, and possibly a must have for the more enthusiastic/competitive (or just downright pedantic) gamer, but none of which are me.

SIZE

Looks big - Nice. Thumb and finger hammocks, too? Great! Next.

STYLING

Now this is important to me. I'm definitively in the Apple camp when it comes to design, but firmly in the price/power needs when it comes to purchasing, and I still want to be able to game at decent resolutions with Ultra/Max settings in games so things look pretty, essentially ruling the Macs out (of my budget anyway). Why am I telling you this? So you understand that aesthetics are important to me. I prefer blue over red, subtlety over the garish. Understated rather than bling. And so on.

Why do so many PC components have to be big and red with awkward angles and bloated curves? Building my latest PC was a test of resolve to staying true to my design preferences whilst achieving a powerful build. Luckily there are enough manufacturers out there who cater to this in the PC domain. I'm running a mini-ITX system in Phanteks Evolv ITX case and an EVGA GTX 970 FTW+, neither of which are what I'd call Apple standard from visuals, but they're not bad.

Anyway this thing looked nice enough to have on my desk without me wanting to cover it with my hand so I didn't have to look at it rather than caressing it with my hand because it feels so damn nice as a result of the curves being exactly where you'd want them to be, as was with the Corsair M60. The blue lighting was another positive, and offering the option to have them either on or off while the mouse is on is a nice, considered touch from TeckNet. Maybe sometimes PC gamer's have times when they don't want LED's blaring out at them 24/7, eh! Take note other manufactures.

PRICE

What the...?

£10.99.

Ten pounds. 99 pence.

One penny shy of eleven pounds.

I'm sorry, what? Normally that would put me off. Sure, I didn't want to spend in excess of £50, but I was still expecting to pay at least £30, ya know! In the end it was all the positive reviews that swung it for me. I still value quality and I didn't want to end up with a mouse that felt like a £10.99 mouse. I'll just tell you now that you needn't have any concerns about the quality.

Anyway I'll get to my final impressions, which I'm sure by now you've concluded on your own that they are all overwhelmingly positive from the sheer size of, what I guess is the lead up to, my review.

CONCLUSION

So yeah, it's awesome.

All of my expectations were met and exceeded. It's not made of premium materials like aluminium, carbon fibre, platinum, or silk, but that's reflected in the cost saving passed on to the consumer, and it's not what I would consider cheap-feeling by any stretch of the imagination. It felt a little light at first but after popping in the required two AA batteries it has a substantial heft (maybe something to consider if you like feather-light mice, I personally prefer them heavier) And man, is it comfy! Forget the rests for the fingers, the whole thing is a sumptuous hand-rest.

I harbour no concerns about its durability. Heck, for this price I wouldn't care if it stopped working after 6 months, but as it is TeckNet slap this with a 2 year warranty when you register the product, and even throw in an extended 6 months just for the hell of it. They're confident of its build quality, and you will be too when you slather your mitt over it.

The backlighting is subtle and I'll be using the mouse with it on because, well, I like blue, and this is that.

Buttons on this are beautifully positioned. The left mouse button sits underneath my index finger and the right one sits underneath my middle finger. Engineering genius! (:D) The mouse wheel is solid and chunky and has a lovely scroll action that feels precise - none of this loose wheel scrolling you sometimes get on mice that inevitably ends in accidentally scrolling five pages when sneezing. None of that here. Scroll wheel action is not quite that level of clinical crispness you get on more expensive mice, but it is very precise and provides a nice amount of physical feedback on rotations of the wheel. The chunky textured rubber is flanked by two strips of lighting that just go about their job glowing nice and blue-y(?!).

The DPI buttons are located much where most other mouse manufacturers place theirs so you'll be familiar with them. They're pretty easy to reach and I can do so without having to lift any of my hand off the mouse, not that this would be an issue. I know we're all lazier than our pre-technology forefathers were, but if you take issue with lifting your finger to reach a button then you have issues my friend. And to those eagle-eyed observers of you out there who'll at this point be thinking "mwahagehgahehah - you have contradicted yourself!!11", my earlier point about the snipe button on the m60 wasn't that I had to lift my hand to reach it, but rather it was an awkward movement of the thumb that felt unnatural and was just plain uncomfortable to even attempt the manoeuvre.

Although there's no continuous presence of an LED to indicate the DPI setting you're on this is instead communicated by the flashing of the two lighting strips that flank the scroll wheel. Press the DPI up button and it will flash twice to let you know you've jumped up to the second pre-configured setting (1200), press again and it'll flash three times to let you know you're now swirling your curser around at 1600. And so on.

I have zero regrets about not spending the extra monies on an M65. I'm still not really sure how TeckNet are making any money on this thing. It is simply phenomenal when taking the price, build quality and functionality and performance into account. When this dies on me, I'll buy another. I am thinking about buying another one now just to keep as a backup because £10.99.

There's no perceptible input lag and the sensor doesn't switch off to conserve battery power so it's always ready to go. Sitting there, seductive, beckoning to you to take it in your hand and touch it... It's doing it now... No mouse! Not now! I'm writing a review....

Aw, how can I say no to those curves... Come 'ere you!

*logs off*
on 29 June 2015
20 hours and then BANG, the pointer stayed at the top in the middle of the screen. Up until then it was good, very good really, had a little problem with the back top corner thumb button (I have big hands) but I just made it the same as the back button and all was well. I only use my gaming rig twice a week for about two hours a time, (don't ask) that is why I know how long it lasted. Went to use it on Monday and nothing, looked on amazon to return it and I was three days to late, if I had used it on the Friday I could have returned it right away, NOW I have to wait until the sellers gets in contact? It is faulty so it is going back and I have given up on cheap mice and just bought a logitech G502.
I only just realised that this was the second mouse from this lot that had gone wrong, the first was a wireless mouse that did not work out of the box and I left them a one star review and they came back to me asking if I would change it?????????? No it was a rubbish mouse, so they sent a new one that worked, but to late as it is a spare which I needed to replace there other mouse that went wrong.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take it from me, do not scimp, buy a proper mouse, it WILL last, not like this lot of rubbish, if you use it for gaming BUY a gaming mouse otherwise just get a cheap GOOD mouse, not this thing or this company, two mice and both have gone balls up, rubbish from start to finish.
on 24 December 2014
This is for the 'TeckNet® High Precision Gaming Mouse with 2,000 DPI, 6 Button, 40g Extra weight', as Amazon doesn't distinguish between different products in the review section...

Good, solid, (and weighty) gaming mouse for the normal user (probably not the uber-gamers with monitors the size of football pitches and a resolution only beaten by the number of stars in the sky) - it's fast enough for my gaming, and precise enough for my Photoshop work via my meagre mid-range PC set-up, so it's perfect for me.

It took some getting used to the thumb buttons being side-by-side, as opposed to top-and-bottom like my previous MS Sidewinder X5, but once you've cracked that it's quite comfortable to use, and despite the plastic having a strange 'cheap' feel to it, you don't notice after a while, unless you have some weird mouse rubbing fetish...

The only gripe I have is that the LEDs are 'very' bright, and you can't turn them off - so if you're like me and just send your computer to sleep when you're done, you're going to have to unplug the mouse, or throw a shirt over it or something as the last time I forgot to do that I awoke in the middle of the night to a brilliant blue glow and the impending fear of being abducted by aliens!

Other than that, no issues whatsoever; cheap, quick delivery, plug-and-play - recommended for the normal user/gamer!
on 25 April 2014
3 months on,and the 2 mouse boutons dosn't work.
Very poor.
Would not recomend to ohters.
Find better place to buy a gaming mouse.
33 comments5 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 August 2014
I bought this as a replacement for my Naga after the clicker wore out for the SECOND time, so rather than shelling out 50 quid for a 'proper' gaming mouse I thought I'd give this cheaper option a shot...after all, for £10 where could I go wrong?

Surprisingly the answer was not far - make no mistake this does look and feel like a budget mouse, but it performs exactly as advertised. There is no software to adjust the sensitivity, rather you must observe the LED under the mouse wheel which will increase in brightness as the DPI is increased. This can be quite difficult to check, but as there are only 3 settings and you will see a noticeable difference in the speed of the cursor onscreen it's not really a problem.

PROs

- Fits my hand quite well
- A decent stopgap replacement for a more expensive mouse
- No software necessary, just plug in and play
- Wired so no batteries necessary
- Assignable side buttons
- CHEAP

CONs

- Initially the right mouse button was quite stiff due to the button rubbing against the rest of the mouse construction - after some non-mechanical adjustment it seems to have gone away however
- I had to unplug it at night since the mouse was not powering off with the PC, meaning that the bright blue LED stayed on (after reinstalling Windows however it powered off correctly so this isn't a problem any more)
- It does feel very plasticky and cheap but I didn't expect otherwise
- The clickers are embarassingly loud so wear headphones!

2,000 DPI is not quite enough for my current needs but I'd definitely be willing to check out the other TeckNet mice based on the strength of this one.
55 comments30 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 February 2016
Namaste!

The mouse features several programmable buttons which can be programmed in its very own driver program (which i had trouble getting hold of to start off with as i do not use a disc drive.) The button can be assigned to different macros or keys which i find incredibly useful for things such as gaming or shortcut keys in productivity. This mouse feels incredibly solid and includes a metal base in which a compartment where weights can be added or taken out to customise movement. The matte finish on the mouse surface has a very nice feel and doesn't feel cheap at all, and I have owned this for several months now and it still shows no signs of wear at all.

*** Sam's Bottom Line ***

Please note: I received this item at a reduced purchase price or, in some instances, free from charge, so I can test the product and leave my honest, fair and COMPLETELY impartial review of them – bad bits (if appropriate) and all! I'm required to review them within a few days of receipt. In the case of some products, such as beauty products, this means that I cannot provide details of the long-term benefits or effects of a product. However, I try the product and report on how it looks, feels, smells etc. and whether or not any instant difference or benefits were observed. Furthermore, I always try to comment on the ingredients where appropriate.
I really hope you found my review helpful and would love for you to click on the YES button to say so. If you don't think my review has been helpful, before you click on the NO button to say I was unhelpful, I would love you to leave me a comment with your thoughts, so I can try improving my future reviews.
on 13 February 2014
I bought this mouse for my little brother whom i've been slowly bringing from the darkness of console gaming towards the whimsical wonder of PC. Coupled with my old laptop and a steam account i decided that as christmas was coming up that this would be a good mouse for him to use while gaming and snapped it up in November. The mouse arrived in minimal packaging with no damage and my first thoughts were good, in fact i almost thought about keeping it for myself. But that would've required another present so i stuck with giving it to him. Christmas comes around and a big smile from my smaller sibling as he opens this assuming it's a top priced gaming mouse (how little he knew) and was happy with it way up into the beginning of February.

Unfortunately it developed a little problem of randomly disconnecting. Not usually a problem while browsing but while in the middle of some hectic online PVP 5 seconds worth of no mouse every 10 minutes or so was an experience killer and so this mouse found it's way to being put back on my desk by a disgruntled little gamer. I gave Teknet (or bluebyte, not sure who runs the show) a message through Amazon and the next day they sent me out a replacement. so far this one seams like it'll last for a while so all in all top customer service and a great product. Five stars.

Alex.