on 9 February 2011
This vodka is velvety smooth, with very warm neutral taste. It was served to me at room temperature once (I don't drink warm vodka!) and it still tasted great.
Chase definitely learnt something from Poles!
Please note that description of this product on Amazon (sold by Fine Wine Sellers) is slightly incorrect-apples are used in the Naked Chase Apple Vodka.
VINE VOICEon 23 April 2012
Having finished a bottle of grey goose I thought i'd give this a try and boy I'm glad I did!

So superior to other vodka's I will struggle to justify drinking anything other than this or grey goose. The only negative being even being sparing it only lasted 3 weeks.
VINE VOICEon 20 November 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The package arrives and is securely packaged in its own box with packing on either end to make sure it doesn't move, a larger box secures the smaller box with paper. This means i am more than happy ordering bottles through Amazon as the packaging is excellent.

Out of the box you see the Union Jack bow tie which is a lovely touch, and this is a nice looking bottle, the effect is from a clear label on the bottle but with it coming to that time of the year i could think of a few people i know who would love this for Christmas.

I am a Vodka fan but i have not tried potato vodka before, normally due to me not thinking the price difference would be worth while. I was wrong this is a lovely smooth tasting vodka.

Out of the fridge this is beautiful and smooth, it doesn't burn your throat and you don't need any mixers with it, after about a quarter of the bottle i can say this is the best tasting vodka i have ever had.

Highly recommended for anyone who like or for anyone you know likes vodka.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
From the very first sip, I knew that this vodka was something special; the other vodkas I've tried have never had any distinct taste to them, whilst Chase's English Potato Vodka is very creamy, almost buttery. For me the most curious thing about this vodka is that it has the same bite and heat as whiskey does, when I swallow it and it goes down my throat - is this due to the promised black pepper? I just have this neat, as adding anything to it ruins the unusual flavour.

I definitely don't recommend mixing this vodka with anything, as it hasn't balanced with anything I've used as a mixer; the sheer strength and distinct aftertaste of the vodka makes fruit juices (cranberry, and orange) taste almost rotten, and soft drinks (coke, and lemonade) have a peppery aftertaste - some people may like this mix of sweet and bitter, but it's not for me.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First thing I did was tried it neat. And I thought, "It's vodka." Yeah, my first impression was that it was just a nothing special vodka. The blurb about the taste didn't seem to match my experience aside from understanding what they meant by 'oily'.

Tried it mixed with orange and it was decent. Same with cola, lemonade, and tonic.

So I left it for a few days and came back now and again. It was through coming back to it without any expectations, or without really thinking about it that I came to realise how good it actually is. It grows on you. You get a taste for it. In my case I find it works best with orange juice. The flavours mix and just work. It goes down smoothly and enjoyably and I can get on with whatever I am doing without being distracted by it but also picking up hints of the taste.

Best thing I can say is that if you are familiar with the obvious vodka brands and want to try something a bit different is to get yourself a bottle and live with it for a while and you will get what I mean. Put aside any ideas of it being some kind of wonder-tasting vodka that you might get from the advertising blurb and you will be able to enjoy it for what it is, and it really is very good indeed.
on 2 January 2015
Beautiful tasting vodka, served with a slice of lime and ice cubes, lovely lovely lovely
on 2 November 2014
This was given to a Russian friend who took it back home where it served at a party and was enjoyed by all. They couldn't believe that it was an English vodka. Unfortunately I wasn't there and was unable to saviour the delights myself so another bottle will have to be bought.
on 21 April 2015
This vodka is ridiculous. Smoothest vodka Ive drank by miles. You can drink it neat and its not harsh at all. Still cant believe its British. Really good!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Well as far as I remember, without resorting to Wikipedia, although vodka in the popular mind is made from potatoes, most is now made from grain or direct from the Jurassic via an oil refinery. This is spud based. It has an additional twangy taste, which after reflection seems mildly potatoey. He thinks it has a kick, My cold found it fairly mild compared to other harsh vodkas. Normally I only drink vodka mixed with juice, and its not my preferred tipple (currently I'm easing moving induced back and leg pain with triple sec margaritas.) It tastes a bit odd with orange. I dont normally like variations of martini, but this may be worth an experiment. It does have a distinctive taste and I think you have to carefully find the things that match. I definitely wouldnt use it as a base for fruit liqueurs as it is just not neutral enough. Intriguing though.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 November 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First things first, this bottle is gorgeous, the british ribbon celebrating a british product is great. Upon removing the foil and about to pull the plastic stopper attached to the cork the plastic top fell off, leading me to resort to the bottle opener to get to the good stuff! So just a glue issue, however doesnt lead well to a highly priced item. I can see past this though as the problem was easy solved. To note however I could not use a expanding wine bottle stopper as the neck of the bottle is wider than that of a wine bottle, therefore had to put the cork back in but not quite all the way to allow easy access next time.

The flavour is beautiful!!! I have tasted various vodka's int he past and can certainly state this is the smoothest yet. You can drink this neat and without ice, you won't get a burn as it slides down either, you'll taste all the flavour. Mixed with juice or cola this is also a great vodka and once again tastes so different (in a very good way) to the big brands you can pick up for a steal at the supermarkets. Before receiving this product I would have never believed how good this was going to taste and I have had my eyes and taste buds opened up to a whole new world of exciting spirits to sample. Very highly recommended to all vodka drinkers and those that might not have tried more exclusive varieties of vodka.