on 8 June 2016
First of all, I will say that I am a keen fan of quality vodka, having at least 12 bottles of premium vodka in the cabinet at any one time. I don't binge it either. Potato vodka is generally very good, and Chase has won many awards for their vodkas. I've bought it in the past and enjoyed it, although I found the Seville Orange vodka unpleasant until I mixed it with lemonade.
I don't know if they send out a different product for Lightening deals or just via Amazon but this bottle is definitely below par. First of all the aroma is more of the "nail polish remover" end of the spectrum i.e. The kind of product that they aren't always allowed to call vodka. It is something of a shock from a premium vodka manufacturer. The taste is no better than the aroma.
Perhaps it is a duff batch, who knows, but it isn't cheap even on an Amazon deal so I wouldn't be able to recommend it should anyone be tempted.
I should add, this hasn't been the case with other premium vodkas from Amazon deals, I'm currently sipping a chilled Snow Queen and it is silky smooth. The Belvedere is also terrific.
VINE VOICEon 23 April 2012
Having finished a bottle of grey goose I thought i'd give this a try and boy I'm glad I did!

So superior to other vodka's I will struggle to justify drinking anything other than this or grey goose. The only negative being even being sparing it only lasted 3 weeks.
on 9 February 2011
This vodka is velvety smooth, with very warm neutral taste. It was served to me at room temperature once (I don't drink warm vodka!) and it still tasted great.
Chase definitely learnt something from Poles!
Please note that description of this product on Amazon (sold by Fine Wine Sellers) is slightly incorrect-apples are used in the Naked Chase Apple Vodka.
on 15 October 2015
Bought on prime day as on offer. I am not the most adventurous drinker as the only alcohol I drink is vodka. That said, I always have over 10x different brands in the house at any time (snow queen, belvedere, goose, beluga etc etc) so its fair to say I know what I like. Initially I thought it was ok but it seems to leave an odd after taste if drank neat or with coke or regular lemonade. Acceptable with OJ or cloudy lemonade but expected more for a vodka that is not expensive but certainly not cheap either.
on 20 January 2016
This is great vodka, you can really appreciate the taste as opposed to the fire water normally thrust upon us by certain brands. Good to savour just on it's own. Bought this for Christmas but selfishly I did not pass it out rather keeping it for myself to enjoy in the coming weeks, naughty I know but it's that good!
on 2 February 2016
This is really a quality vodka. Sadly out of my price range most of the time, but I snagged one at that freaky Friday thing. A clean, clear drink that for some reason never gives me problems the next day. Whilst its expensive, I think it holds it own when compared with Crystal Head, Snow Queen etc.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
From the very first sip, I knew that this vodka was something special; the other vodkas I've tried have never had any distinct taste to them, whilst Chase's English Potato Vodka is very creamy, almost buttery. For me the most curious thing about this vodka is that it has the same bite and heat as whiskey does, when I swallow it and it goes down my throat - is this due to the promised black pepper? I just have this neat, as adding anything to it ruins the unusual flavour.

I definitely don't recommend mixing this vodka with anything, as it hasn't balanced with anything I've used as a mixer; the sheer strength and distinct aftertaste of the vodka makes fruit juices (cranberry, and orange) taste almost rotten, and soft drinks (coke, and lemonade) have a peppery aftertaste - some people may like this mix of sweet and bitter, but it's not for me.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First thing I did was tried it neat. And I thought, "It's vodka." Yeah, my first impression was that it was just a nothing special vodka. The blurb about the taste didn't seem to match my experience aside from understanding what they meant by 'oily'.

Tried it mixed with orange and it was decent. Same with cola, lemonade, and tonic.

So I left it for a few days and came back now and again. It was through coming back to it without any expectations, or without really thinking about it that I came to realise how good it actually is. It grows on you. You get a taste for it. In my case I find it works best with orange juice. The flavours mix and just work. It goes down smoothly and enjoyably and I can get on with whatever I am doing without being distracted by it but also picking up hints of the taste.

Best thing I can say is that if you are familiar with the obvious vodka brands and want to try something a bit different is to get yourself a bottle and live with it for a while and you will get what I mean. Put aside any ideas of it being some kind of wonder-tasting vodka that you might get from the advertising blurb and you will be able to enjoy it for what it is, and it really is very good indeed.
on 15 November 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First things first, this bottle is gorgeous, the british ribbon celebrating a british product is great. Upon removing the foil and about to pull the plastic stopper attached to the cork the plastic top fell off, leading me to resort to the bottle opener to get to the good stuff! So just a glue issue, however doesnt lead well to a highly priced item. I can see past this though as the problem was easy solved. To note however I could not use a expanding wine bottle stopper as the neck of the bottle is wider than that of a wine bottle, therefore had to put the cork back in but not quite all the way to allow easy access next time.

The flavour is beautiful!!! I have tasted various vodka's int he past and can certainly state this is the smoothest yet. You can drink this neat and without ice, you won't get a burn as it slides down either, you'll taste all the flavour. Mixed with juice or cola this is also a great vodka and once again tastes so different (in a very good way) to the big brands you can pick up for a steal at the supermarkets. Before receiving this product I would have never believed how good this was going to taste and I have had my eyes and taste buds opened up to a whole new world of exciting spirits to sample. Very highly recommended to all vodka drinkers and those that might not have tried more exclusive varieties of vodka.
on 2 November 2014
This was given to a Russian friend who took it back home where it served at a party and was enjoyed by all. They couldn't believe that it was an English vodka. Unfortunately I wasn't there and was unable to saviour the delights myself so another bottle will have to be bought.