on 10 March 2012
Used this a few times and not disappointed. First attempt went ok, except I didn't make sure it was in straight. Second attempt on make perfect circles every time. Seems to work well with average to large size pinapple with little wastage. Try to get one that sits reasonably flat which makes it easier to put in straight. Apart from that it is plain sailing. It cuts perfect rings, well one continuous spring really which you then cut down one side with a knife to get the perfect ring. As well as the look the thickness is also perfect, I find if I cut with a knife the slices are always much too big, these are just right. There is still a little mess but not nearly enough as when you cut by with a knife, it is possible I've not quite worked out how deep to go meaning I'm piercing the bottom and letting some juice escape. There is a decent amount of juice left in the bottom which can be poured into a small glass and tastes delicious. The leftover shell works great for presentation of a fruit salad at a dinner party. I suspect you could also cut the pineapple in half (rather than cut the top off) and core one half and put the other in the firdge for later, I've never tried this as I love pineapple. Considering I love eating pineapple (2-3 per month) I wish I'd got this years ago. If you search YouTube for "Stainless Steel Pineapple Corer" there's a great video which shows exactly what to do, it really is as simple as that.

Edit: Now owned this for a while and would re-iterate how great this is. I now eat 1 pineapple a week because it is so easy to cut. The pineapple without a doubt tastes better when it is cut to the perfect thickness.
on 12 October 2010
This is great, I seldom bought fresh pineapples because they were so messy and difficult to prepare. This is great, magic and effortless, I was more than impressed with the simplicity and ease of use. It does exactly what it says it will do, except it peels too! Definitely recommend it
If you like fresh pineapples, love gadgets but don't like the hassle of cutting the things up or if like me you do not have a man servant to do it for you then this is the product to get!

It's made from Stainless Steel and is exactly as it is described a Pineapple Cutter, Slicer and Corer.

Simply put it is brilliant.

I could not believe how easy it was to use.

Out of the box click the robust plastic handle in to place into the stainless steel cutters.

Take care they look like they could bore through a knight's amour not to mention everything in between.
You have to top the pineapple and position the blades right over the core.

Take care with this I had to pull back and reposition.
Turning the thing was easy it bores through the pineapple slowly and screw like giving maximum thrust for an easy effort.
It sliced right down.

Trouble was I was not sure when to stop.

Did I go right through? Did I attempt to pull?

This isn't quite clear from the simplistic instructions but anyone who can handle a corkscrew will soon get the hang of this it is so easy.

I did notice as I screwed down some juice seeped from the sides.
I had thought my aim was skew whiff but the amount of juice lost was minimal.

After a simple figuring out I pulled the core out and voila- perfectly cut and slice fresh pineapple/

THE big bonus is that you are left with a really handy container which would look sensational on a serving tray with ice cream in or what ever!

I cut mine up and savaged or should that be salvaged the bits of the pineapple I missed.

With fresh pineapple you get the benefit of a beneficial enzyme.
With this fool proof tool you get the best of both worlds, sliced and fresh pineapple enjoy!

Great for those people you NEVER know what to get and who love gadgets.
BUT what is not clear is that it is posted from China direct so does take a week or more to arrive.

It was well protected in a jiffy bag and the whole thing well wrapped in a further outer of protective foam.
The instructions are on the box and it comes in two pieces.
I personally would not put it in the dish washer- if I did on the top shelf but the risk is up to you. However it does say dishwasher proof and is main from stainless steel so I imagine the dish washer will clean out all those crooks and nannies!! where the pineapple collects. I will get back on this.
Take the plastic handle out first though a simple push and twist does it.
Keep the instructions from the side of the box- the box will not last long and the cutter will end up in the tools drawer in the kitchen.

This product makes me want to buy fresh pineapples more and with the advent of five a day and cheap prices that cannot be all bad!

5 Stars!
on 24 July 2012
Just bought this gadget and wish I had it 40 years ago, what a great easy way to sort a fresh pineapple to an appealing aesthetic way of serving, first time success, fantastic, so easy and no mess, worth four times the price !!
on 24 April 2012
Provided the pineapple selected is not too wide in diameter this product works a treat. Trims close to the skin, removes the core, and leaves you with perfect ready-to-eat pineapple rings - excellent. This gadget is easy to use and easy to clean afterwards.
Like all mums, I try to make sure my children get the right amount of fresh fruit and vegetables in their diet, but my youngest is quite fussy and likes fruit such as apples, pineapples, etc to be peeled and cut. This simple product allows you to easily create really professional looking pineapple rings with very little effort. It did take me a couple of attempts to achieve this - but the trick is to make sure the pineapple is absolutely straight; easily achieved by slicing the bottom of the fruit slightly and placing it on a cutting board. Once you have the fruit in the right position, it is a simple thing to remove a continuous swirl of pineapple, which you then cut down one side to create perfect rings. It is very reasonably priced and very quick and easy to use. I find I am much more likely to choose fresh pineapple now that I have this device and, as I make fruit salad several times a week, as well as fresh fruit juice, it was a worthwhile buy.
on 13 August 2014
Bought three of these for my 3 sons as I was so impressed with a very similar plastic one. These are better value for money and work just as well for a medium sized pineapple. They took a while to arrive in the UK, but well within the time specified by Amazon as they come from the Far East. Very easy to use and quick to clean afterwards. I think they will be more durable than a plastic one too. I find I prefer to cut the top and bottom off the pinapple and put the fruit in a bowl to catch the juice. I then run the cutter right through the fruit, rather than just slice off the top and judge when you have gone far enough to extract most of the flesh. I can then squeeze the husk to extrace the remainder of the juice before discarding the husk and core which comes out of the cutter very easily. The handle removes very easily to allow removal of the fruit from the stem of the cutter. No instructions were supplied which is why I only gave it 4 stars.
on 17 April 2012
What a great peice of kitchen kit just cut the top off the pineapple insert the tube in the centre of the pineapple and screw it in, it will remove the core and when you lift the device out use a small knife to cut down through the outer pineapple around the device and you will have great little chunks very well made.
on 18 May 2012
fantastic item, less mess, easy to use, just make sure you centre the cutter on the pinapple and stop before you go through the bottom.
on 8 February 2013
Having finally broken the handle of my plastic pineapple cutter I thought I'd give a stainless steel one a go. It is as different as night is to day! It cut straight through the pineapple and I didn't have to press down like I used to with the plastic one. Also, it was interesting not to find a lot of pineapple juice in the bottom of the 'shell'. I think this was because the cutter went through so cleanly that I wasn't literally squashing the juice out of the flesh during the process.
The one tiny thing I did struggle with was in removing the handle after use, but I honestly think this is because my finger nails are a teensy bit long and pressing the plastic tabs in in order to release the handle and preserving one's nails at the same time is not easy!
The price is amazing and I can't recommend this cutter highly enough. Give it a go, I think you'll be as delighted with it as I am.

See one answered question