on 15 March 2011
I have had numerous toasters but have never been fully happy with results of my toast until now. This model does everthing I want from a toaster. Other manufactures claim things like high lift among others things but don't. Rest assured with this model you can put buns, bagels, crumpets and full sliced bread into the slots and get them out without resorting to plastic tools to prise them out. It also toasts very evenly.
Another useful part of the design is the sloping feature which enables you to keep your eye on your toast. The two separate compartments can be adjusted for individual settings which is a boon to me as my wife likes her toast nearly burnt. Buy this model, you won't be disappointed.
33 comments78 of 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 April 2011
Going on the reviews on this product I read, I have purchased one of these toasters, It was delivered punctually, in perfect condition. It does take up more room on the work surface than my old toaster, but that doesn't matter. It looks the business, very sturdy, stylish and modern. It toasts lovely, any size fits. It toasts to perfection every time, excellent value. Lets see how long this one lasts.
0Comment27 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 January 2013
very disapointed! nice toaster as long as you are not using large slices such as Warburtons "Toastie!" which fitted fine in old toaster it replaced, but amazon very good for returns
on 23 March 2011
This is a good product. Used it to replace another make of toaster which failed 3 months out of Warranty.

Good Value for Money

Good control over toasting level, kids are able to use it too. If I was buying another I would look for one like this first.
on 7 October 2011
Great looking toaster, Clear instructions and easy to use.
BIG SHAME the left hand side toaster unit broke within a week of use!!!
Perhaps this is why they are cheap!?!?!?!
on 25 June 2012
This is probably the best toaster i've ever owned. Definately recommend. It does the toast, just perfect - crispy on the outside, but soft inside.
on 27 July 2011
It looks good but its rubbish. It takes far to long to toast something and the pop up spring is pathetically weak. If you're thinking of nuying one, really, dont bother ;-)
on 23 March 2011
We purchased this toaster 4 months ago and it is a solid nice looking toaster. From day one it was not the quickest toaster in the world but now even on full power it takes ages and more times than not only one side is done and it has to go back in the other way round. we are really disappointed with it but the supplier is being very fair about replacing it, however I do not think we will have another one of these.
on 16 April 2012
I will be frank, this is a very stylish toaster. The styling interferes with the practical aspects of the toaster. This was received on Friday and today (three days later) the items I put in there got stuck in the lovely shaped top bit. I will have to invest in tongs so not to be tempted to stick a fork in there to get my crumpet out.

Other complaints include the left sidebeing stiffer now than when it arrived and the lifter being an anticlimax as it only raises the item by 1cm.

On the positive side, cleaning this toaster out will be a dream compared to the fire hazard tefal toaster that this replaced. I haven't experimented with the browning levels as it's hard to tell with crumpets.

My advice, buy if on a budget otherwise get something else that doesn't look as good but lets you get your foos out.
on 11 September 2013
I considered many different toasters before choosing the Breville, I checked the reviews and it all looked good it wasn't the cheapest but it was on offer at a considerable discount to the rrp so I ordered it, I have now been using it for a couple of weeks and whilst it toasts fine (which is all you want it to do) the "feel" of the the controls is weak the toast slots whilst wide enough for the thickest toast are not deep enough and for normal large loaves the bread stcks out the top too much, overall it does the job but lacks a bit of build quality so I could not recommend it....