TOP 100 REVIEWERon 19 June 2011
Ok firstly i bought this when i started to run out of AA batteries, for those that don't know the XBox 360 wireless controller EATS AA Batteries for breakfast so i recommend you invest in a recharge kit which also doubles as a plug and play kit. The battery pack fits nicely into the controller and doesn't rattle, the cable is more than long enough and also fits nicely into the controller(the cable plugs into the USB port on your console). NOTE: this black version will work with the white controller.

PROS: no more batteries, recharge and play at the same time, long cable for recharging, fits well into the controller

CONS: Pack does not last as long as batteries but is quickly recharged, XBOX needs to be switched on to recharge the battery, battery can get hot while charging.

VERDICT: despite it not lasting as long as two Duracell batteries on a full charge, its cheaper and you'll save yourself a fortune on batteries in the long run, it's well made and works with all 360 controllers, (one word of advise is to remove the battery from the controller while it's not in use as this does help prolong the charge in the battery!)

RECOMMENDED for those who play 4+ hours a day
77 comments|85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 November 2010
This play and charge kit is an absolute essential for your xbox 360 elite ,as this is the official one from microsoft you can rest assure that it is a good quality product and will last a long time ,also with this rechargeable battery pack you will no longer need any standard batteries inside your controller.

All you do is place the black box (rechargable battery pack) into the back of your controller then insert the cable end with the small circle on it into the top of the controller then connect the other end of the cable into the usb port on the xbox 360 elite console (behind the small door on the right hand side of the power button) ,you can also keep the cable in the controller for continuous charge while playing.

If you get a red light on the cable then it's charging and a green light means it's fully charged ,when it's fully charged you can remove the cable from the controller if you want to play a game wirelessly.

Two slight downfalls to this product is the batteries overheating when charging ,i don't know how but for some reason at times (not all the time) the battery pack will start to heat up really badly when it's charging (it doesn't damage the battery pack) and this items packaging is that strong anti-theft packaging that slices your hand if you open it the wrong way.
77 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 April 2011
Well made piece of kit - so far only charged it up once ! 20 hours at least -(I know!) and still going strong.
on 28 January 2015
Bought my 360 a few months ago as iv always been a playstation guy, but i saw one for a pretty good deal with a few games and though what the hell. Getting used to having to use batteries was a pain in the ass as sonys controllors always have built in rechargeable batteries( dear god microsoft get up to date). Everything else though was fine, decided to get this to save money on the long run, with the way i game batteries were costin me a fortune. What a waste of money. Il charge my controller with it, disconnect it, put it in a drawer nice and safe, take it out when my controllers need charging again, it wont work. Il try it again in a few days, it works. Carries on like this. Only reason its got 3 stats is because when it DOES work, you can get much longer playtime out of your controller than using normal AA batteries. Id say it was just a faulty item if my friends and my brother and his friends didnt all say the same thing, but they do. May work as backup if your totally out of batteries at 3 in the morning but otherwise, dont waste ya money
on 28 June 2012
I bought this with the new 360s as I had previously owned only white controllers and its cheaper than buying a stand alone rechargable pack (why? I ask). Also the original mains charger pack used to come with 2 battery packs, but now only ONE!!! (again I ask why?). As others have said its better than normal batteries and cheaper in the long run if you play for long periods. I can't say anything about the charging lead as I use my old white mains charger. With my old white battery packs coming to the end of their life span (one of them only holds a charge for about 4 hours play nowadays) after 4 years of use. If this one last as long I will be well pleased. So might have to buy another and just leave the lead in the box.
I must say that it is useful having the mains charger with 2 battery packs so you can continue to play while the other pack charges. I know thats the reason for having the lead so that you can charge as you play but I hate being restricted by a dangling lead.
on 10 March 2012
When my old battery started to lose its charge too soon, I first made the mistake of purchasing one of the generic branded batteries first - thinking it would be better because it was labelled 4800 mAH. The generic battery came with a strange usb charging cable that plugs into a little hole - and did not even have the right connector to fit into my charging unit. Worse yet, the battery didn't even fit properly into the control - sticking out just a bit and never fully clicking into place. I found myself knocking it out of the controller by accident in the middle of a game. Finally I decided to return it and look for a better one.

This is definitely the battery you want. It's the real deal, genuine original XBOX 360 controller battery, exactly like the ones that came with my controllers in the first place. My controller is back to full length battery life, and all is well again. The battery fits perfectly into my controller and into my charging unit.
on 19 January 2014
This battery pack, at first would seem rather heavy compared to other, less official battery packs. This is mostly because the batteries in here are capable of lasting weeks, depending on how much you play. I bought this just less than a month ago, and I did not fully charge it. It is still going good, with about half battery left according to the 360 guide.

The main downside to this battery pack, is that it will turn your console on while charging if it is not already, meaning that you may as well be playing it. This is not really a problem, as the pack is designed to be used while a game is being played, and the batteries do not overheat very easily if left to charge for a long time.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product to someone who wants some new controller batteries. I would expect a few years use out of these, so buy these over other, cheaper products that will only last you a year at most.
on 17 April 2011
Great product, absolute bargain, great build quality and fits in well with the theme of the Xbox 360 Slim (250GB)
on 28 April 2014
It gives you best of both worlds, and can use the device to charge up your rechargeable AA batteries, as well.
although the solid battery does not last as long as two AA's, it is still long enough for what I need, Plus you can have the game pad working from the lead, as the game pad tends to time out on you, when you go out of the room for whatever reason, and then you have to reload the game for the game pad to work. but if you are connected by the lead, then it will not time out on you.
There is nothing to stop you from connecting the lead when you leave the room then disconnect the lead when you return.
on 17 February 2011
i bought this battery pack even when there were only 2 reviews which were both 1 star. but the last time i charged my battery was when i first bought it (early january) and havent needed to charge it in a month and i am a regular gamer. 5 stars from me