on 10 January 2011
Bought this for a Sony Bravia 40EX403. Was a bit sceptical at first because of the very low price, but after looking at reviews I decided to purchase.
It was dispatched very quickly and arrived even before my TV. The bracket itself is very sturdy, and VERY well made. All the bits and pieces needed to hang nearly any TV are included, along with instructions. The tilt feature is also great, and can be adjusted easily. I have seen wall mounts not nearly as good as this for more than double the price! Overall, I am very pleased with the product, and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a quality wall mount. Definitely 5 stars.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 September 2014
I always read the 1 star reviews first on all Amazon purchased products - it helps me establish the level of consumer intelligence before deciding whether their is merit in the 1 star review. With this particular product, I have found it difficult to rate it other than "exceeded my expectations." The 1 stars seem to mostly involve missing parts or incorrect parts however this maybe due to the tv having a less than universal screwing thread / size in the back (usually samsung tvs) and hence the manufacturer finds it uneconomical to provide these fixtures...

Delivery was good. I received an email from Amazon stating the product had been shipped less than 20 hours after ordering and it arrived within three days of this time, with no aesthetic damage to the packaging.

The actual product box was of low quality and after opening it up the perception of low quality continued as the instruction manual was not particularly comprehensive - some diagrams of contents and further diagrams of where the contents should adjoin. This isn't a particular issue unless you are the type of person that requires full prose of instructions - those with good Lego skills should grasp the concept well.

The bracket itself is light - I was dubious so decided to try and bend it with my bare hands. I'm not the strongest person in the world but gave it a good attack without observing any flex, bend or misshaping - my thoughts at this moment were, "its bloody strong."

Six heavy duty bolts were provided to attach the bracket to the wall. There was not much guidance from the instructions in terms of which holes to put the bolts through so I assumed a nice symmetrical shape would maximise the strength. I know that i have a thin layer of plaster board which covers brick work behind. I used a rather large drill bit to drill the holes through the plaster and through the brick work. The provided wall plugs went in well and the bolts (with normal and 'spikey' washers) were tightened into place.

I then attached the separate tv brackets (which in turn are hung on the wall bracket) without any issues. My tv is a LG 47 inch thin smart. The screws provided fitted the holes in the back really well. Once on, i hung the tv onto the wall bracket and tightened the screws underneath (so the tv cant slide from left to right). I found the angle knobs really easy to put together and they work rather well. All in all its a fantastic product at a great price. I personally can not see why I would want to spend five times as much money for a product that can do the exact same thing. PS, the built in spirit level is great - it is accurate as I checked with my own separate level.

One thing i would add is that the product is not being sold by the long established (kind of :S) UK Habitat company that many British people know well. This is a separate UK Ltd company which sources a lot of products from China however they may well send the specs over to China for production. As the product is being sold in large volumes and thus at speed, there is always the likelihood that manufacturing defects could exist with a chance of missing parts which some reviewers have commented on.

4 stars.... 1 missing because of instructions, but I wouldn't let this stop you from purchasing. If you're no good at simple DIY, buy it and with the money you save, get a professional to fit :)
on 28 April 2011
First and foremost, this is a great bracket and very good value but it should be noted at at the time of writing the P+P costs are an additional 7 pounds or so which is not advertised by the seller.

Moving on, at around £14 this bracket is well worth the purchase. I was slightly concerned as I was planning on drilling into a stud wall-if i missed the stud, plasterboard would certainly not hold the samsung le40c580 as I had planned. The product comes with 6 hefty screws but unfortunately as I could only use four due to drilling into studs (wooden two by fours) rather than masonry. I shouldn't have feared though as the TV holds excellently with no give at all. I can reiterate that of other reviewers that a 10mm drill bit is what should be used with this product. I think the instructions must have changed as it does say to use such a size. having the tilt function is excellent as I wanted to put the Tv fairly high up the wall above the height of a desktop computer (bedroom).

I hope people who are thinking of using this bracket for a stud wall find this review useful. I used a stud finder to find the edges of each stud and then drilled into the middle, first with a very thin drill bit to make sure I had hit the wood and then afterwards with the 10mm. Easily done and I was up and running within about 35 minutes. I had planned the room by having a plug and TV point (for freeview HD-check your area) on the wall where I wanted the TV. No wires!! Looks great, very sturdy and i'm very happy I went with this one. Make the plunge, you've found your bracket! :-)
on 16 January 2012
This Bracket is just what I wanted and is well made, east to fix on the wall, do NOT trust the built in level, good full instructions, ALL the bolts you will ever need, and for the price I paid including P&P Could not be better, cheaper then the big shops in Bridlington, you know all the big name one's, P.S I bolted the bracket to the wall and I then hung off it, and it's still there well the TV IS, I was going to post pic's but amazon had probs uploading. would recommend.
review image review image review image review image review image
on 31 July 2015
Delivery was quick, although I struggle to understand how the postage costs more than the product itself .

Upon opening product I noticed a extremely strong smell of oil , I guess from the process of making this bracket. Fixed to wall easy, holes on bracket didn't line up with tv holes of a Samsung tv.

Major issue is the fact tv stands so far from wall, I ordered a different make and it's now more flush to the wall. I wouldn't buy this product again .
review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 August 2013
Very Robust yet Light,absolutely perfect for my 50 inch Panasonic Viera.
Fixing kit supplied was a bonus,very good price Thanks
on 20 July 2013
Easy to install and very sturdy, despite it's light-weight construction.
Comes with every conceivable fixing for any television. Great quality
on 18 February 2012
This is an excellent wall bracket, inexpensive, easy to fit and works well, especially as the brackets in town ranged from £60 - £80, that is more than three times the cost of this one (I paid approx £20 including P&P).Initially I was hesitant about buying and fitting my own tilt bracket, thinking that it may be a job for a professional, however, this proved to be unfounded. The product arrived promptly and consisted of three main parts, a plate that fits on the wall and two brackets that hang on it. There were lots of screws and bolts included, but most of these were not required, they are there to cater for various typres of wall. Having measured up to descide where to put it and marked up with a pencil and fitted the plate to the dry lined wall with 12 screw fittings, I bought these and 12 washers from a local hardware store for £5. could have used the ones supplied but prefer to use the type I am familiar with. It was a stud wall and only two screws engaged with a solid timber stud although the final job seems solid and seems to take the weigh of a 42 inch heavy plasma without any problems. I kied the inclusion of a spirt level in the wall plate - very useful. This is my experience, do this at your own risk of course, I did go against some advice in the instruction sheet regarding how to fit it to a stud wall. The two brakets were screwed to the TV, these each had a tilt knob fitted, it hung on the plate easily, there were two screws to tighten to set it in place.I was quoted £60 locally to have this fitted but did it myself in less than an hour. There is the ability to move from side to side by sliding on the plate and also tilt. Its a well made tilt bracket, proved to be an excellent buy and has a good quality feel, buying and fitting this saved me over £100 in total. As written in the instruction sheet - I will 'enjoy the using'!
on 5 October 2011
I bought this bracket to mount my new LG 42" 42LK450U TV and it was easily up to the job.

First of all I was seriously impressed with both the TV and bracket arriving within 2 days of ordering, despite ordering late evening of a bank holiday Monday. Amazon never fail to impress on this score.

The bracket itself was very straightforward to secure to the wall and to mount the TV to, with all the necessary fixtures and fittings supplied. All I needed to supply was a drill and a second person to help lift the TV. I suppose one strong person (strong enough to lift the TV onto the bracket) could manage the job alone but for two people securing the TV to the bracket was very simple. Simple enough, certainly, to avoid a domestic dispute between Mr and Mrs. The built in spirit level is a simple but very effective addition. That said, I did double check it just in case the built in spirit level wasn't parallel to the lines of the bracket; it was all fine ;-)

I've had to remove the TV from the mount to insert a new cable into the rear of the TV and with just the two screws to unfasten this was a breeze. Don't let that last sentence worry you that the TV isn't securely fastened - it certainly is. The whole product feels very robust and I have no doubts about my expensive TV staying firmly put on the wall.

I'm not sure I would have awarded this product 5 stars if it was selling at its original £119 price, but for £7.99 it is easily worthy of a resounding 5 stars.
on 19 April 2012
I have a 60 inch plasma now up on the wall and it looks great. The wall bracket is very strong and easy to fix to the wall. The product came very fast through through the post and well packaged.