on 10 January 2011
Bought this for a Sony Bravia 40EX403. Was a bit sceptical at first because of the very low price, but after looking at reviews I decided to purchase.
It was dispatched very quickly and arrived even before my TV. The bracket itself is very sturdy, and VERY well made. All the bits and pieces needed to hang nearly any TV are included, along with instructions. The tilt feature is also great, and can be adjusted easily. I have seen wall mounts not nearly as good as this for more than double the price! Overall, I am very pleased with the product, and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a quality wall mount. Definitely 5 stars.
22 comments235 of 245 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 April 2011
First and foremost, this is a great bracket and very good value but it should be noted at at the time of writing the P+P costs are an additional 7 pounds or so which is not advertised by the seller.

Moving on, at around £14 this bracket is well worth the purchase. I was slightly concerned as I was planning on drilling into a stud wall-if i missed the stud, plasterboard would certainly not hold the samsung le40c580 as I had planned. The product comes with 6 hefty screws but unfortunately as I could only use four due to drilling into studs (wooden two by fours) rather than masonry. I shouldn't have feared though as the TV holds excellently with no give at all. I can reiterate that of other reviewers that a 10mm drill bit is what should be used with this product. I think the instructions must have changed as it does say to use such a size. having the tilt function is excellent as I wanted to put the Tv fairly high up the wall above the height of a desktop computer (bedroom).

I hope people who are thinking of using this bracket for a stud wall find this review useful. I used a stud finder to find the edges of each stud and then drilled into the middle, first with a very thin drill bit to make sure I had hit the wood and then afterwards with the 10mm. Easily done and I was up and running within about 35 minutes. I had planned the room by having a plug and TV point (for freeview HD-check your area) on the wall where I wanted the TV. No wires!! Looks great, very sturdy and i'm very happy I went with this one. Make the plunge, you've found your bracket! :-)
on 4 September 2014
I always read the 1 star reviews first on all Amazon purchased products - it helps me establish the level of consumer intelligence before deciding whether their is merit in the 1 star review. With this particular product, I have found it difficult to rate it other than "exceeded my expectations." The 1 stars seem to mostly involve missing parts or incorrect parts however this maybe due to the tv having a less than universal screwing thread / size in the back (usually samsung tvs) and hence the manufacturer finds it uneconomical to provide these fixtures...

Delivery was good. I received an email from Amazon stating the product had been shipped less than 20 hours after ordering and it arrived within three days of this time, with no aesthetic damage to the packaging.

The actual product box was of low quality and after opening it up the perception of low quality continued as the instruction manual was not particularly comprehensive - some diagrams of contents and further diagrams of where the contents should adjoin. This isn't a particular issue unless you are the type of person that requires full prose of instructions - those with good Lego skills should grasp the concept well.

The bracket itself is light - I was dubious so decided to try and bend it with my bare hands. I'm not the strongest person in the world but gave it a good attack without observing any flex, bend or misshaping - my thoughts at this moment were, "its bloody strong."

Six heavy duty bolts were provided to attach the bracket to the wall. There was not much guidance from the instructions in terms of which holes to put the bolts through so I assumed a nice symmetrical shape would maximise the strength. I know that i have a thin layer of plaster board which covers brick work behind. I used a rather large drill bit to drill the holes through the plaster and through the brick work. The provided wall plugs went in well and the bolts (with normal and 'spikey' washers) were tightened into place.

I then attached the separate tv brackets (which in turn are hung on the wall bracket) without any issues. My tv is a LG 47 inch thin smart. The screws provided fitted the holes in the back really well. Once on, i hung the tv onto the wall bracket and tightened the screws underneath (so the tv cant slide from left to right). I found the angle knobs really easy to put together and they work rather well. All in all its a fantastic product at a great price. I personally can not see why I would want to spend five times as much money for a product that can do the exact same thing. PS, the built in spirit level is great - it is accurate as I checked with my own separate level.

One thing i would add is that the product is not being sold by the long established (kind of :S) UK Habitat company that many British people know well. This is a separate UK Ltd company which sources a lot of products from China however they may well send the specs over to China for production. As the product is being sold in large volumes and thus at speed, there is always the likelihood that manufacturing defects could exist with a chance of missing parts which some reviewers have commented on.

4 stars.... 1 missing because of instructions, but I wouldn't let this stop you from purchasing. If you're no good at simple DIY, buy it and with the money you save, get a professional to fit :)
0Comment52 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 December 2015
A very solid wall bracket.

The only downside was that the screws included were not the right ones for my set - a 48" Samsung model UE48H6400AKXXU. With so many sets available I wasn't surprised or disappointed by this but this is why I couldn't give a 5-star rating (if there was a 4.5 stars option I would have opted for that). There were screws of 2 different lengths which were thick enough but one was too short and the other, too long. Fortunately my friend, who was helping me mount the TV on the wall, had some spare flat washers and nuts to fit the screws. When we added 1 nut (about 5mm thickness) to the equation and a flat washer for good measure and used the longer screws, the combination was perfect.

The spirit level included makes the job so much easier as you don't have to use a separate spirit level and have an extra hand (maybe after a few thousand years of evolution the spirit level accessory will become redundant)! Given the weight of the bracket (a good thing!) it makes ensuring you've got the thing level problem-free.

Once the wall fixing was fixed to the wall, hanging the TV on it was easy even though it's a 48 inch set (recommend 2 people for this). We made minor adjustments to the horizontal alignment and the tilt as the design allows for this and then secured everything in place. Job done! Again, having a second person with you when making these minor adjustments makes the job so much easier and a second opinion on the positioning is always nice!
on 7 August 2013
Very Robust yet Light,absolutely perfect for my 50 inch Panasonic Viera.
Fixing kit supplied was a bonus,very good price Thanks
0Comment36 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 July 2015
Delivery was quick, although I struggle to understand how the postage costs more than the product itself .

Upon opening product I noticed a extremely strong smell of oil , I guess from the process of making this bracket. Fixed to wall easy, holes on bracket didn't line up with tv holes of a Samsung tv.

Major issue is the fact tv stands so far from wall, I ordered a different make and it's now more flush to the wall. I wouldn't buy this product again .
review image
55 comments38 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 July 2013
Easy to install and very sturdy, despite it's light-weight construction.
Comes with every conceivable fixing for any television. Great quality
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 January 2013
I would not recommend this bracket for smaller tvs- (the packaging actually states it fits tvs from 30" rather than the 32" advertised)- because of the extension out from the wall of the arms upon which you fix the tv as well as the width of the bracket. The width of the brace cannot be adjusted and could not be hidden. The bracket is still visible on my 42" TV.. The projection from the wall is more than I would ideally have liked.

On the positive side of things however, the fixings themselves are well made, especially the bolts to go into the wall. The tilt function is useful. I am happy to hang my tv on this wall bracket knowing that it can very well take the weight of my large TV! :-)
on 3 December 2014
The pitch implied that the bracket would fit almost all 50inch TVs, however, on unpacking the kit it was discovered that it would not fit our Sony KDL50W656 without some additional spacers and longer screws, no problem for me (as an ex engineer) but I can imagine someone being mightily cheesed off and flummoxed as to what was required to salvage the situation.
The spirit level is nothing more than a gimmick, and should not be used to level the bracket on the wall.
Having said all that, it is a superb piece of engineering, how something like that can be produced for that price is beyond me.
Regards,
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 July 2011
I needed to secure my LG 42 inch set to the wall of my Georgian House - a wall comprising seemingly random blocks of dusty and crumbling morter inches deep or large solid drill defying lumps of stone. So it would be a useful challenge for this budget bracket.

In fact all went well and after about an hour of drilling and cursing it was up and in place.

A wide variety of fitments are included to cover most TV's. In part this is the problem because it can be a bit daunting at first to see so many components come from the box. They are all bagged according to type, although a couple, confusingly, share a bag and the locking bolts on the rear of the TV bracket were shipped installed but not listed on the install diagram. Also, annoyingly, although listed in the packing sheet there was no alun key supplied. But this was no big deal as a standard cross head screwdriver worked fine.

The instructions were adequate but poorly printed in small type and with diagrams that were neither clear nor large enough. In fact the instructions were not really needed as once the various nuts and bolts were sorted out it soon became self obvious what went where. I would like to echo what at least one other reviewer has said in warning that the suggested half inch sized drill would be too large. 10mm or three eighths of an inch would be better.

The Good
Strong and robust construction
Plenty of options to rejig positioning when fixing
Great Price
Fittings included to cover almost every type of TV
Easy to install
The TV can be tilted up and down when fitted.

The Bad
Poorly written and printed and instructions
Wide bracket size may make it visible behind the TV
The promised Alun key not including in my kit.
Wide bracket might be visible behind smaller TV's or if not mounted centrally.

This is a great buy and I am happy to recommend it.
review image review image
0Comment50 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse