Flavour Name: Connoisseur's CollectionSize: 48 x 85gChange

on 11 October 2012
Having taken pity on a little Pussycat called Lucy, who lived across the road and had been neglected by her owner, she graduated from Asda basic catfood (as she was starving she was eating all the scraps out of the bin bags where we live). But as she got her little feet firmly under the table graduated to Gourmet Perle Catfood. She is the picture of health and will not eat anything else.

She highly recommends her choice of food and has never looked healthier.

I have a subscribe & save order with Amazon and have been very pleased with the delivery which comes regularly once a month.
22 comments25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2013
Fussy cat likes this stuff so it's just finding it at the cheapest price !!!
Amazon equals cheapest but throws in free delivery - so a winner !!!
P.S. Althogh it doesn't say on the box - this is a gravy mix which our cat will eat....
We were starting to despair when our elderly cat became very fussy about what she would eat. For years she was very happy to eat Felix and Whiskas, but then suddenly went off both brands and all varieties. She would just lick the gravy or jelly off and leave all the meat -- so roughly three-quarters of each pack was wasted, and she was not getting any kind of balanced meal.
We then tried Perle Gourmet and were delighted with the results -- the cat loves all the varieties and her appetite has returned. There's hardly any wastage, so even though this brand of food often retails for more in the supermarket than the mainstream types, it works out cheaper. And we have been able to buy in bulk at discount prices and be reasonably certain that it'll all be eaten -- result all round.
Very pleased with the product.
8/10
33 comments9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 July 2011
My cat has a sensitive tummy and so a lot of cheaper brands don't suit her. After she got bored of the very expensive wet food that I bought her from the vet's, I tried this and she loves it. I'd definitely recommend it!
on 3 November 2010
Great and will be ordering some more as my cats have gone off the whiskers and felix and now only like these or sheba :)
11 comment11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 February 2011
Can only concur with what's been said earlier - this is so far the _only_ food the cat actually finishes. Always. Nothing gets thrown away or left in the bowl.

Also, I find the smell of other foods quit off-putting. This one acutally smells like 'food' even to humans.
on 27 November 2014
I bought this for my cats as a treat initially as they hadnt tried it before.

When I removed it from the sachet I found that there was still some of the product stuck to the side which was unusual and I needed to cut the whole sachet with a scissors to remove all of it.

Its very rich and luxurious and all my cats liked it and there was nothing left at the bottom of the bowl. The meat pieces vary in size from large to very small and it's runny enough without being too runny with excess water as you find with other brands (Refer to images below - Salmon taken as an example).

This product is available in various meat and fish based flavours and I would buy this product again.
review image review image review image
on 26 February 2011
Gourmet Ocean Delicacies is the only fish food my cats will eat. And all the fish varieties have bits of real shrimp in them and look so tasty. My cats really love this.
on 28 April 2013
This brand of cat food works well as my boys come back and finish their plates later if they can't manage first time: that's not true of most other brands in my place at least.
on 7 July 2014
Used to be good but the cat rejected this after sniffing it. And then the stray cat (who will eat absolutely anything) that breaks into the house through the cat flap and eats our cat's food also turned his nose up at it.

Something is clearly wrong with this selection. I've cancelled subscribe and save for this item and will not buy again.

Also lately the gravy versions have had too much gravy and not enough meat. Nestle need to review these products.

See one answered question