VINE VOICEon 17 January 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A simple plain black mouse mat with the Amazon Basics logo. Well made for the price.

Nothing more that you can really say about it, other than the mouse moves easily on it and it blends in nicely with the rest of the equipment in a simple and understated way.

***EDIT 31/7/13

Two and a half years later, still going strong. Still looks good. Maybe very very slightly looking frayed at edges but barely noticeable. Good buy!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A rubber backed mouse mat with a cloth front. Black, with a small Amazon Basics logo in the bottom right hand corner.

The rubber is quite thick and comfortable to rest your wrist on while moving the mouse. The matt black cloth front looks snazzy, and my optical mouse works well with it, with a smooth movement of the cursor on the screen as the mouse is moved. The rubber grip is effective and keeps the mat stationary.

Cheap, smart looking and effective at its job. Excellent.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 August 2013
Smart-looking black pad with a discreet logo in the lower right corner. It goes well with my keyboard. It is a good size (20 x 22.7 cm), large enough but not too vast on a smallish desk. The pad is very supple, covered in smooth jersey material with a textured rubber backing which seems to grip just about everywhere (my desk is covered by a decorative cloth).

I expected the fabric to start coming away from the backing at the lower edge, where my wrist rests and rubs on it, but so far (after 6 weeks of constant daily use), I can see no signs of wear whatsoever. My AmazonBasics 3-Button USB Wired Mouse Black (also AmazonBasics) glides effortlessly over the surface and I am very pleased with this small but useful purchase. I noticed how good this pad is when I washed it and briefly reverted to my old one during drying time. Huge difference!

UPDATE: After almost a year and a half of daily use, this pad is still in one piece, the fabric covering shows no sign of detaching and the bottom edge (where my wrist makes contact) is a bit shiny and slightly worn. Excellent durability in my experience.
on 27 April 2016
It is sad to admit it but I love the Amazon Basic range. They have generated a basic version for most regularly used office equipment. So far I have the Laptop rucksack, the Wireless mouse and the laptop cover. All of these were sold at a really decent price (considering what other companies were charging for essentially the same item).

This mouse pad is made from a rubber like material on the bottom and a soft fabric on top. I have had it a while now and is used everyday, so far the fabric has not come away from the rubber base (this has usually happened with mouse pads in the past). The rubber base also has a cross hatching indentation to provide more traction to prevent the mouse pad from moving.

######
Overall
######

I am impressed with the range of basic products offered by Amazon. this adds to the range with the continued Amazon look and performance of the product. Good build quality and a basic style. This is an ideal product for use in the office or the home. Maybe more the office if you want an all singing and all dancing mouse mat (i.e one with pretty colours and pictures). Overall a good buy at a reasonable price.
on 17 February 2016
This mouse mat is exactly what I wanted. It is the ideal shape for my desk at work and can also be used at home. It does not take up to much space and fits neatly and smartly into an office environment. The material and quality is 100% and the colour is a deep black. It is perfect for its job and will last well. Top notch for the reasonable price you pay. I would definitely recommend this to my colleagues. The mouse slides over the mat smoothly and it is really is a great mouse mat.
on 10 May 2016
I usually go top of the range everything but this beats all those faddish mouse mats by far. It has an anti slip rubber backing and the top easily works with the Amazon wired mouse. I just needed something that just works. Not too big, not too small. The Amazon basics logo is small and on the bottom right hand corner.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It is so easy to downgrade the quest to find a good mouse mat, but it is foolish to do so. Consider the amount of time you sit in front of your computer in the course of a year. Even an average user will spend several hundred hours at least and, if your mouse mat is ineffective and inefficient, it could cause serious frustration, to say the least, and wrist pain and uncomfort at worst.

For some time now I have been using the Apple Magic Mouse together with a relatively expensive pad with a gel wrist support. For many operations, I began to find this combination frustrating, slow and unsatisfactory and decided to try out the inexpensive AmazonBasics pad. It is a simple, flexible rectangle, measuring approximately 8 x 9 inches. It is black in colour and has an excellent gripping back surface. I have found the pad to be ideal. A big improvement on my previous set-up, it allows my Mouse to glide effortlessly over its upper surface, improving the smoothness and the speed of my browsing. Additional bonuses are its simple, pleasing appearance and the fact that it colour co-ordinates with my computer equipment.

My more expensive Mat has now been mothballed and I highly recommend my new AmazonBasics one.
on 30 April 2016
Nice soft texture that makes my new mouse run perfectly. Some mouse cursors jerk all over the screen if the mouse mats are colourful and have various patterns and images, so this smooth, jet black alternative is much more ideal. Great work.
on 28 May 2015
It's a mouse pad. Not much to say about it but I'll try. Okay, it glides fairly well but it does feel very cheap. I can't see this lasting very long. The edges look like they'll easily fray given a bit of time and even when we first took it out of the packaging, it's constantly been curled up at the front. It just doesn't feel very well put together. A shame, since most AmazonBasics products have really impressed me for the price, such as the rucksack and the Lightning cable for iPhone.
on 1 February 2016
Here is what I believe to be a 'perfect mouse mat'.
I recently bought this mat with a new mouse as a buget setup for my gaming computer. Being the price that it was and made through AmazonBasics, I decided this mat would fit my area. I read a review saying this mat isn't the best for gaming. They're wrong. Upon recieving this mat, I instantly starting to play games on it, Counter Strike: Global Offensive being the main choice. The mat comes flat in an envelope-style package, and holds AmazonBasic's trademark logo, bottom right. It's very smooth and grips enough. I wouldn't say its the best grip, but it does the job to stay there. I enjoy using my mouse upon it, given that it is smooth and I can play games with ease now. The size, I would say is standard, and allows your mouse to move easily.
9/10