Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Bin|Change

After much internet perusal for a cheap yet functional silver kitchen bin that could take a bit of stick from the kids I thought I'd give this one a go after reading all the customer reviews - at this time of writing there's 369 4 and 5 star reviews out of 430 which isn't bad at all.

So thank you everyone!

This reviewing lark does work! :)

I have bin through (groan) loads of bins over the years and have paid a fortune for fancy looking ones and a lot less for bins that were better than the all singing and dancing ones. This one looks expensive . . .but it isn't!

The bin arrived well packaged and protected in a nice big box. I have uploaded a few photos to show the bin - lid mechanism - bag holder - with a bag in.

No need to put anything together as it comes as one piece and it's dead easy to replace the bin bags inside.

It's all plastic but well made and lightweight

- measuring 26 inches high and 11 inches wide at the base
- with the lid open it measures 35.5 inches high
- It's flat at the back so will fit flush against a wall

The design for holding your bin bags in place is spot on and very simple to use. The bin has a 40 litre capacity and has a touch control lid.

That's it!

In use it's brilliant in my experience. The bin bags are held in place really well by the removeable plastic inner ring. I use 50 litre bags so there is a bit of overhang which is not a problem for me - I could tuck it all in neatly if I wanted to of course.

The touch lid works very well - just a light press and it smoothly opens in a few seconds. Just a light press down and click and it's shut and the opening is well enough to put your rubbish - bits of food waste - tea bags - coffee filter papers etc into.

My kids like to 'ram' the kitchen bin solid with rubbish rather than empty it and replace the bag and leave it to me to fight to get the bag out! But they have been emptying this one as it is a clean and easy operation down to the bag being held in place well by the inner ring. It just makes life that little bit easier!

It's easy to wipe clean too!

If anybody asked me to recommend a kitchen bin I wouldn't hesitate in mentioning this one. A great buy in my opinion.
22 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 April 2014
looks fab...and suits kitchen...i was not sure about the qulaity considering the cheap price..but it outshines thers...would definitely recommend others..
on 19 February 2014
Catch broke within a month. I was expecting some problems given the reviews but was prepared to put up with a few re-assembly jobs, but this is broken alltogether. Useless Amazon autoreturn system says I have to return broken one within a week, but won't get the replacement for a month!
on 14 November 2013
I've probably spent a small fortune on kitchen bins, and once my cat has decided to raid the bin when he thinks i am not looking, sooner or later the lids get damaged, probably due to him doing a kitty indiana jones impression by launching himself in the bin.

What I like about it?
- it was inexpensive
- It came in a box, so wasn't bashed about by the time I got it
- Its perplexed the cat, he has not worked out, how to get in the bin yet
- It really is one touch to open, and then close it
- Easy enough to get bags out, but holds them securely
on 1 February 2013
Dont bother buying this bin, the springs that operate the touch lid, keep on coming out of the plastic groove they are designed to sit in. Last night was the final straw I was for the umpteenth time putting the saprings back and wamo it snapped in half, therefore the touch and lift facility of the lid is now useless Honestly spend more money and buy Brabantia!
on 11 January 2013
First one we bought lasted about 2 weeks ....then the lid flew off. Took it back to the retailer and got a replacement. This lasted about 10 days, then the touch lid would not open. Returned this one also to the retailer for a refund. Pity as it does look good but cheap plastic hinges and locking mechanism lets it down.

Malky
on 26 September 2014
Was initially perfect for what we needed but you really do get what you pay for. Did not stand up to daily use and the lid broke within three months (sadly outside of the window for a refund). We were able to make do and mend for a while but a piece of the lid has now disappeared and it cannot be mended further. Very dissapointed.
on 7 May 2014
It sounds like a weird thing to rate. A bin. But I used to have a Brabantia and when it finally broke after 4 years, I decided to go with this one instead. You probably think 'how can a bin be good?' - well, it's the little thoughts they have had.

Like the one touch lid, which is great and makes it really easy to use. The bin liner holder mechanism is what really impresses me. Your bin liner never falls downwards into the bin, it's being held in place by a clever little contraption.

I'd highly rate this bin - it's very good.
on 19 May 2016
Our last bin had a foot pedal which broke almost instantly. This meant picking up the broken metal lid before using the bin. Surprisingly annoying!
This bin has reintroduced serenity in to my waste disposal experience.
Tap the lid and go, beautiful.
It does create a bit of a vacuum if you overfill the bin bag and try to remove it, which results in quite the test of strength at times, but I would suggest holding the bottom edge of the bin down with your feet. Sounds odd but this will make sense.
Great bin.
on 9 April 2014
The hidden bin liner keeps cat from shredding and making it difficult to remove bag which he did with old bin.
Quiet opening and closing mechanism and best of all a 5 year guarantee.
Looks good too!