on 10 November 2013
I was looking to buy another pair of these headphones for use with a laptop and discovered that I hadn't reviewed this pair. My son has had these since March 2012 and they are still working perfectly. He uses them with his ipod, listening to music, and when playing his electric guitar - so the rest of us don't have to endure bad Hendrix impressions. The sound quality is great and they are very comfortable to wear and obviously highly durable. I am glad they are still available and at a good price.

Update: These stopped working in one ear in Dec 2013 and I discovered that they have a two year warranty - all sennheiser products do apparently - so, amazon told me to contact sennheiser, which I did through their website, and was sent out a replacement pair immediately! Amazing customer care - well done sennheiser.
on 21 November 2011
I have had Sennheiser wireless headphones for a few years. They have been really good and I still use them but I wanted to try for better quality sound. Saw these on Amazon with 5 star ratings and at a very good price. Having now bought them and tried them I am very very please. I listen to a wide reange of music including classical and jazz and I really like these headphones. A lovely clear sound. I also like the long cable. Very comfortable too.
on 6 October 2011
Clear sound, very comfortable, easily adjustable and light weight. Although I could say that there should be a little bit more bass, but a quality headphone for such a low price makes up for it. It has reasonably low sound leakage and a long cable.
I would definitely recommend these to anyone who's looking for quality headphones for a fairly low price.
on 29 June 2010
This product is amazing brill bass and clear as anything they are better than the HD202 And for the same price. Also very light and really coumfy it doesnt even fell like your wearin them

This is a must buy worth every penny
on 16 February 2014
Had the 202's and 203's. Loved them both, so buying them again.
I was not very careful with my last pair and managed to break them, my fault entirely. But I've had these since they first came out and see no reason to buy any other. Great sound. Comfortable, clear, good bass and durable. And they are capable of going louder than many othe similar priced headphones so watch your ears. They also have an extra long cable which is a blessing when plugged into laptops etc.
The 202's are lighter, the 203's seem tougher but just barely. Both are tough enough. Apparently the 203's are clearer but I haven't had the chance to compare them directly.
One thing to note is they are a snug fit, which is great for blocking out unwanted sound and they dont slip off your ears. However, because of the this, after an hour or more of wearing them I do find my ears start to ache a little. Taking them off for 2 minutes seems to do the trick.
Oh and the earpieces unclip from the headband, for flat packing. Very handy.
Way better than the trendy DJ headphones around now. Don't look any further.
on 28 February 2013
As a professional location sound recordist I have used Sennheiser products for fifty years. The company's reputation for innovation and quality control is second to none and at the price offered these seemed a bargain. I was not expecting these headphones to have a flat response - you pay a lot of money for monitors - as any phones marketed for general use are likely to have a slight, or not so slight, bass lift that flatters some music and most consumers seem to like.
But the low frequency response of the HD203 headphones dominates to such a degree as to make listening to any music written in the treble clef - vocals etc. - impossible.
Avoid!!
on 18 May 2011
These came 2 days earlier than expected so it was a brilliant start, however it took around 5-10 mins to open the packaging!
I put them on and they feel amazing, really comfy and they sounds SUPERB. I seriously recommend these
on 30 January 2012
I find that after about 30mins of wearing these they hurt my ears. It's not because they're too small for me (woman with normal sized head!) it's just that the shape of the ear part is quite small and pushes against my ears.

Not especially comfortable, but sound quality is fine. They just don't sit as well on the head as other headphones I've had.
on 3 May 2012
I went for a pair of these after killing my pair of HD-205's and I'm not disappointed!

The only real difference I can tell between the two is a lack of rotating ear cups, but sound quality is on par. If anything, they exaggerate the bass a little bit more but they still have great clarity and mid ranges, again given the price.

Main Positives:

- The most important feature to me is actually sound leakage. If headphones leak sound I can't wear them in the office, and then sound quality becomes irrelevant! These are fantastic for not educating the rest of the office in the ways of Dubstep

- These headphones are literally 500 times more comfortable than the HD-205s. They don't have the head clamping effect and are wearable for hours

- Bass response is excellent

- Lightweight

Any Negatives?

- Irreplacable cable. Be careful with all connectors and you won't kill them like I did with the 205's

- The cable is so so so long. Very annoying

- They do feel a bit cheap in comparison to the 205's, given there's not much of a price difference. But then again, they are cheap!!
on 3 January 2012
I got a pair for x'mas, and I have to say that they are brilliant for the amount of money they cost (i.e. they're not a £200 pair).

The sound is very rich and warm thanks to a reasonable amount of mid frequencies, with a VERY powerful bass/bottom end that really makes it sound like the band is next to you in the room! They are very clear and I've heard bits of songs (like tiny detail) that I've never heard before since I've started using these!
And to top it all off, they are very light and comfortable to wear for long periods of time - so much so that you don't even realise you're wearing them!

They are very good for both music and spoken word (on DVD's etc). Also the noise cancelling is something of it's own...If you listen to a song reasonably loud (probably about 70/80% on an iPod) and start clicking your finger right next to your ear, you can only just hear it. By far the most powerful noise cancelling I've ever come across!

However, they are little bit heavy on the VERY VERY top-end (although that could just be my iPod or my hearing), meaning that "s's" can sound very "tss-y" on SOME songs if you get what I mean.
As well as this, the wire is too long!! It keeps getting tangled, but all in all, it's a small price to pay for such a good pair of headphones!

Considering I'm used to live music in a venue that has a state-of-the-art PA (I'm a casual lighting/sound/stage technician for a theatre), I would happily compare these to the main PA system (as in you get the same rich and powerful sound)!

By the way, if you really want an amazing listening experience, listen to 'David Guetta - Where Them Girls At' through these...I didn't like the song before I heard it through these!!