Price:£2.46+ Free shipping

on 6 February 2011
We used these purification tablets for 14 days in the Himalayas. You simply need to put one tablet per litre of water and wait 10 minutes for them to dissolve. (However as the water we had was extremely cold it took longer and we waited 20 minutes). They worked great and we had no stomach problems. The only down side is the water tastes of chlorine, to combat this we added a powdered cordial (Tang). Highly recommend these tablets for the price and ease to use.
22 comments|103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 May 2011
Used these in the peak district for a few days, drinking not the clearest possible water so I used a couple of extra tablets as instructed, these tablets don't give an overpowering taste of chlorine as I had imagined, just a slight taste, barely noticeable. Didn't have any problems after drinking the water, speedy delivery, would recommend.
on 7 September 2012
exactly what i was after.. ex-army and wanting the same as were issued,do a little "wild" camping, somewhere near a river and miles from everyone else and carry what i need in my bergan, so want something light and practicle... not expensive either.. good product..
on 23 May 2011
I've tried the tablets during a hike in the belgian Ardennes and they worked wonderful.
I didn't get sick after drinking the treated water.
The only side effect is that the water tastes a bit like chlorine but it isn't problematic.
on 30 September 2011
The tablets worked really well when I used them whilst on holiday in Peru. They work quickly (within 10 minutes) and do not leave a chlorine aftertaste either. They are best used in 1 litre of water though so make sure you have a water bottle large enough as the tablets are too small to enable you to cut them in half. Also they cannot be used with metal water bottles so make sure you have a plastic bottle available. Great product at a great price!
22 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 September 2011
I bought these for going to South America as I was planning on trekking. Couldn't understand how some Cl based water purification tablets could cost so much given the relatively low commercial cost of Cl so I bought these tablets as they were the best value. Having used them for 3 months in South America I can report that I suffered from no water borne infections either from my sterilised drinking water or from my Camelbak which I disinfected irregularly with these tablets. While this does not represent a conclusive field study or analysis of the tablets; nor does it scientifically confirm efficacy, I would still regard it as one positive result and I would personally consider using the tablets again.

The tablets do noticeably change the taste of the water but this is not unpalatable. Furthermore, the taste appeared to improve as the time from sterilisation increased. The tablets do not noticeably change the colour of the water and they dissolve completely so there should be no particulate contamination left in your water unless it was already present in the container or the water itself.
22 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 September 2012
i bought these for my "go-bag". they can be used with running water. they can be used in any container (we use condoms as they dont take up much room) a good amount for the price. :)
on 18 May 2012
As said in the title, on a recent wild camping trip I used these tablets to purify water from a couple of different lochs and streams. Neither me or my two friends suffered any kind of upset stomach, or any other side effects.

Also a plus point, I couldn't taste these tablets at all so I certainly have nothing to complain about.
on 22 February 2012
I travelled through Central America with these tablets and really put them to use. They seem to work perfectly. I even tried them out on river water. If you are using the prescribed dose, the water tastes like swimming pool water. That's a slight downside, but I guess considering the pice you cannot complain. Another advantage is that the tablets are super light (always carried some in my wallet while hiking, just in case) and that they work within 10 min (I don't like waiting for an hour). I would definitely buy these again.
on 6 April 2016
Given the showing of a box on the advert picture after I'd ordered this I was expecting the tablets to come in a box.

However they arrived in a small ziplock bag with basic information on the side in the form of a printed stick on label.

This means the tablets are somewhat protected against moisture, and although the information is basic it is all there. Including how to use the tablets. You actually don't need anything else.

Edited to add: the following in quotes was my first review, and the reason for the other photo was then explained by the supplier, and it's something they're trying to get Amazon to change. I could remove the paragraph completely, but if you read the comments afterwards they wouldn't make sense. Therefore I am updating this review to reflect it isn't the suppliers fault, and the star I removed has been re-added. "But, because of the image used I have knocked of a star because it is slightly misleading, and I'm afraid I don't like anything misleading. I don't think it's deliberate, because the main photo does only show strips of tablets. I'm guessing it's an old stock photo that simply hasn't been changed. Other than that I have no complaints."

I have got them because we have our own water supply, and if anything happens to that supply water purification can be a useful thing to do.

These are as you expect, delivery was prompt, and given these are delivered to your home, the price seems pretty good as well. Especially if like me you live in a rural area and the fuel costs to buy these in town would make buying locally much more expensive.

Good marks all round really.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse