on 20 January 2014
Over a period of 12 years, I have replaced the bulbs in my two Halogen lamps 7 times, and they are both in daily useage. In other words in the two lamps I have used 7 Bulbs

Since November 2013 when I purchased these bulbs I have used 4 bulbs. After the second one went in my first light I replaced it with the old bulb from my second light. That is still burning brightly, but I have used two of these bulbs in my second light. I estimate I am getting 3 weeks per bulb, as opposed to 3 years per bulb of the ones I purchased in Woolworths when I bought the lights 12 years ago.
0Comment22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2013
I use this light in my bathroom cabinets and in the kichen under the well cabinets. They are relatively bright for such a small light bulbs and easy to replace, they last about 8-12 months on daily useage. I do recommend them to anyone.
These bulbs are really quite tricky to fit in my house but I took extra care fitting them in under cupboard fittings, I even took care not to touch the bulbs to avoid skin oils which could cause them to blow. Even after the care that I took each and every bulb has blow and the replacements I put in, 6 of the 10 bulbs in all lasting a maximum of 3-4 days. These really aren't fit for sale, I've packaged the 6 faulty and 4 not used back up for return and credit.

I would expect cheap substandard products from a market place seller but not when buying directly from amazon. I can only think I got some from a bad batch but there are a lot of 1 star reviews appearing and they are the ones to pay attention to.
on 6 February 2014
All ten bulbs lasted last than two weeks. Went to pound land and found pack of two and have lasted over month already.
on 8 November 2013
The lamps are of poor quality and they do not necessarly fit what's expected. The fitting pins are too thins althdough it supposed to fit this particular lighting system that I ordered them for.
on 1 March 2015
Along with many other reviewers, I've found these are poor replacements for the originals. Life of these bulbs has ranged from 10 minutes to 2 months. I thought the pack of 10 would last me a long time, but they're all gone within 6 months and as they're so fiddly to fit you just don't want to be changing them that often.
on 3 February 2013
Long life by who's reckoning? I started writing down when I fitted them and realised some lasted all of two months! To be fair one hasn't blown yet but if it wasn't for others lasting a couple of years, I'd be checking my wiring!!
on 30 May 2011
I bought these globes as I required a replacement for 1 recent bulb that had blown. The price I paid was cheaper than a 2 pack at most retail stores. Delivery was quick and the bulbs are exactly as per the ad, Would definitely recommend these bulbs. I actually have 4 others to be replaced which I can do so now due to the cheap price.
11 comment8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 February 2015
Definitely the worst light bulbs I have ever had the miss fortune to order, I needed bulbs for a couple of down lights and thought I would give the 'Long Life Lamp Company' a try. These bulbs are anything but 'Long life' in fact I have used 6 bulbs in the 2 light fittings in the last 4 weeks, 3 bulbs per fitting. I would expect this type of bulb to last months not days. At first I thought there was a fault with the fitting when the first bulb blew, but shortly after the other bulb in the other fitting blew, proving that the bulbs are faulty not the fittings.
Very very disappointed. On a positive note, they were delivered quickly, which allows me to give the single star rating that these deserve.
on 24 February 2014
All 10 blown since November in 2 oven hood lights. Poor quality product. Definitely don't last 2000 hours. The bulbs they replaced had lasted 2.5 years before they finally went.

See one answered question