on 7 June 2011
This is a fantastic little plane. I bought it for my 12 year old son, having previously tried a twin engine Sky Hussar which we could never get to fly properly (underpowered and impossible to trim), and the Silverlit was an instant success. It comes ready to fly, straight out of the box. The batteries charge in no time at all, and the controls are really simple and easy to use. You can easily hand launch it or take off from the ground. The four engines really make a difference - although I wouldn't fly this in too much wind, it will cope with a light breeze, and doesn't need absolute calm like some of the other planes you can buy for the same price. It climbs really well and is made from some sort of plasticised styrofoam which is incredibly robust - I'm not suggesting you should do this deliberately, but if you crash dive it, it just bounces. The courier managed to squash the tail on mine when delivering it, but I just pushed it back into shape and it flies perfectly. It's only 2-channel, so don't expect sophistication, but as a first r/c plane I don't think you could do much better for the money. If you want to see one flying, there are a couple of videos on You-Tube that will show you what it can do.
on 20 August 2010

this plane is amazing i live in a town called Hailsham its quite small and hasn't got
many big fields but i tested it thinking like the air acrobat it would go with the wind and go up and down and that you wouldn't have no control over it but you would be surprised the four engine's really help it.

this rc plane flies straight and glides through the wind and then when you make a turn it doesn't fath about it's like flying the big rc planes like sky 1 rc plane.

Then i took it to a big field in Eastbourne really big field it was very very good i got it to go very high and strapped a camera to it i could see the whole of eastbourne and still keeping it under control

in conclusion im very happy with this plane for cost reasons and flight ability
on 14 January 2013
It just bounces when crashes, you really do need a big open space, no roads trees or inquisitive dogs out on their walks, it creates a lot of attention from people (and their dogs). It is a great plane to begin with, I would'nt recommend to spend any more if you a complete beginner like us, a perfect first plane to have weekend fun with, but no wind at all is a must, as just a slight breeze took it off course, impressed with durability so far.
on 27 January 2013
This is a sturdy little plane that flies very well. Bought for my 11 yr old son who can fly it easily. After a few flights it can even be landed fairly easily so crashes are now few, but it took its early knocks without complaining and in reasonably good conditions it pretty much lands itself anyway. Good flying time between recharges too.

Does need a LARGE flying area though - we use a Cornish beach when the tide is out! Def recommend as a good starter plane.
on 13 November 2011
It flies well and does not suffer damage.Responds well to radio control.The aerial must be extended for best results. Hand launching is often better if windy.
on 15 December 2014
It is such a great plane, I am only 15 but it is so good after a year of flying it i was just doing my homework and i thought I'd make a review on It and i would like to say YOU MUST BUY IT! It got stuck in a tree for me, because i flew it approximately 50 meters up and I got chased by a dog, so i Lost control and it blew in the highest tree after flying for another 600 meters. I thought it was gone forever and, to make matters worse It was raining for almost 2 weeks! I couldn't get it down and i thought it was gone, but On a Saturday i went to the park and i saw it lying in the grass, unharmed or not even damaged and i couldn't believe it, but it could fly! So it is a great plane, easy for people to fly and great fun can be had with it and because of this plane I'm going to start a youtube channel On RC Planes and copters. Well done SILVERLIT!
on 24 June 2013
bought this for a gift the servive was excelland come on day and time they said was packed brilliant good value for money 1 happy chappy
on 2 March 2012
My 9 year old son purchased this with his own money. As a responsible parent I tried very hard to talk him out of it for various reasons, not least of all that 'flying' conditions would have to be near perfect which are rare. This alone would prove frustrating for him. But, it was his money and he's old enough to learn.

On arrival my worst fears for the £50 spend were realised comprehensively. The plane is precision engineered from a type of styrofoam making no more robust than packing 'noodle' (the foam twists sometimes used to pack out parcels). There are no moving surfaces so all control is through the propellars. The more power you give it will climb, less and it will decend. The left to right banking movement is also controlled by small adjustments in the propellar RPM. This equates to a very wide turning circle. We have quite a large garden and the turning circle on this plane made it impossible to change direction without running out of space. One really needs an open area such as a field or park. However, open area's are more prone to wind and this plane will not fly in anything over a 'breath' of air. I would say anything over a 2 knot wind stymies it.

The plane comes with 4 spare propellars, two for each side. When one becomed damaged you have to cut it off and push a new one on. It is a very delicate process for which a large pair of nail clippers is the only thing that works well. Be very careful not to clip the propellar spindle by mistake. That writes the plane off.

The front wheels are small plastic affairs on a 'U' shaped piece of wire. After two bumpy landings on tarmac they disconnected from the undercarriage. Once this happens the joint is fundamentally weakened and only a few more landings renders them unuseable. This plane will only take-off from the ground on a hard smooth surface.

Finally, what I consider to be a relatively minor bump with a trampoline broke one of the 'engines' off. I could have glued it back on but the power cables are like angel hair and cannot be manually soldered back to the motor, so it's now in the bin!

This product has been cost engineered to be highly profitable through cheap components and automated manufacturing. For the first time in quite a while I saw my son reduced to floods of tears when he realised it was never to be flown again and we all know a parent takes no pleasure from telling their child, "I told you so".

To sum up, a truly heartbreaking experience for me as a parent. My son saved for many months to accrue £50 and I estimate he enjoyed about 2 hours of play for that.
on 29 July 2015
another great plane by silverlit great service very happy thks
on 12 April 2013
Ok i got this today it was amazing when you look at it but once it gets in the air the plane starts to go in circles and you cant fly the plane horizontal so i do not recommend anybody to buy this i would by the Axion Plane.

See one answered question