Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Style Name: user weight up to: 220 lbs (100 kg)Change

The summer of 2010 saw me in my mid-twenties, watching the world cup and enjoying the deals on beer, pizza and coke. For the first time in my life I put on weight. My god-given right to not exercise, eat anything I want and stay slim and looking good had been rescinded. A year later and a whole 2inces on my waist, I decided it was time to get some regular exercise, hence the f-bike. Bought for £90 and bought because it had the best reviews.

Some questions:

--------------------Who is the `Ultra fit' f-bike for?

Well oddly it's definitely not for the Ultra fit. Even on the hardest setting it is unlikely to give the ultra-fit an adequate workout in a reasonable amount of time.
The f-bike is for people who are fit and want to stay that way or for people who are unfit and want to get fit.

--------------------Will its size suit all?

Nope... it seems that the bike is aimed at the tall to average and would not be suitable for people who are short. On its smallest setting my lover who is 5.4 sayys that she can't go at full speed as she is too short. I note another reviewer had to drill another hole to make it suit her size better.

--------------------Max weight?

Is 100 kg; that's 15st 10.5lb

--------------------How quiet is the f-bike:

It's not totally totally silent, as when you're on it you can hear a whisper of the belt but it is quiet enough that others can watch TV, while I use it in the same room, the neighbours are totally unaware it exists and I can use it late at night without anyone hearing it. When in normal use it make no vibrations to the ground so is fine for use in any flat... even with Mrs Knock Knock downstairs.

--------------------How easy is it to use:

Really easy. Resistance is controlled by one simple knob 1-8. The digital system is all controlled by one button, giving details of speed, distance, time, calories, pulse, ODE, and a scan button that moves through them all. After peddling details are held for 5mins before the system switches itself off. Holding down the button clears data. There are no user profile or courses. It takes 2x AAA batteries but the bike works on your steam.

--------------------Does Pulse work?

On the handlebars are two metal strips when hands are placed it gives a pulse reading. Some are critical of the correctness of it. So far my system appears to be right but only after cycling for 2mins with my hands on the right place. If measuring your pulse is essential then check with the makers or buy a separate device.

-------------------- How portable is it and how much space does it use up?

It's really not that portable, as it is heavy and fairly large. While it does fold up, meaning it could be stored in a wardrobe this is not ideal and I doubt a regular user could be bothered folding it up and unfolding it every time it was in use. This said it is much more portable are less bulky than a fixed bike; so it's `foldability' is appreciated.

--------------------How fun is it

It's fun for the first 5mins then it's just a tool. This does not make exercise easier nor fun but it does make it more accessible. Watching the TV while exercising is a luxury.

--------------------What's the Wow factor?
The what? It's just a cheap little bike made out of the same welded together silver metal as most exercise equipment has. It feels sturdy but without any frills.

--------------------How complicated is it to build:

Not complicated; easier and more intuitive than IKEA,. It's basically just securing things. It'll take 20 mins max . It's a one person job but will be faster with two.

The instructions are fine but offer little reassurance. Bellow is a little bit of commentary to give you an idea of what needs to be done and a bit of reassurance.

NOTE: all the tools needed come in the box. A wee spanner and a alan-key.

1, unfolding it
Pull the grenade like pin. Unfold the bike and replace the grenade pin. No tools needed.

2. Screwing on its floor stands:
Note the floor stands have an indented side for where the bolts should start from. Screw into the bike. Tighten with spanner.

3. Screwing in its pedals
Screw in the pedals. Note you need to hold the pedal itself still and crew in the bit with the track. Tighten with the spanner.

4. Securing the seat bracket
Place the bracket to the right seat height secure with the ratchet thing.

5. Screwing the seat to the bracket
Screw the seat onto the bracket. Use the spanner to tighten. IT should not wobble at all.

6. Screwing the handlebars to the bike.
Screw the handlebars to the bike using the alan-key. It should not wobble at all. Connect the two wires.

7. Check to make sure everything is tight, secure and stable.

8. Every once in a while you may want to tighten up certain bits and pieces.
1818 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is one of the easiest-to-assemble exercise bikes I have ever come across. The X frame arrives pre-built, so all that's left to you is adding the stabiliser bars, pedals, saddle, handlebars and computer unit. There aren't a mass of pieces either, and it's pretty clear which ones go where. You need two sizes of spanner and an allen key to compete the build, but these are included.

The bike is easy to fold/unfold: a procedure that requires the removal/insertion of a locking pin - take the pin out, position the bike to be either open or closed, reinsert the pin to hold it in place. It's that easy. The bike is small - it doesn't take up much storage space, and is lightweight enough that it's easy to move around. Despite its small form, this does feel reassuringly sturdy.

The bike is incredibly quiet - whispering away at all tension settings when in use. I tend to watch TV shows while using my exercise bike and don't find I need to adjust the volume at all to compensate for bike noises!

Tension-wise, this isn't the most impressive: even at the highest level of tension, I find this very easy to use (as opposed to my old, York, bike - which, at the highest setting was murder on my legs). The trip computer puts itself into standby mode after a few minutes of disuse and doesn't save data from one session to another when it wakes. Thus, you can't do multiple sessions in one day and simply use the bike's display to keep track of the cumulative total of e.g. distance travelled/ calories burned. The saddle isn't nice - but then neither was the one on my old bike, and that had a much higher RRP.

As others have commented, this bike is a bit problematic for shorter users. I'm 5'5" and have not been graced with particularly long legs. With the saddle set to the lowest level, I can only JUST touch the tips of my feet to the floor. For my mother, who is 5'2", this bike is simply too tall.

Overall, I'm reasonably pleased with this. It's not the most intensive of workouts, but it's something I can commit to doing regularly and doesn't take up too much space.

- Very easy to store
- Small size
- Surprisingly robust build quality
- Easy to assemble
- 2-Year Warranty
- Quiet to run

- Not much variation in tension
- Trip computer loses your data after a few minutes disuse
- Awkward for shorter people
on 17 January 2012
This is a great bike for such a low price. It was delivered within three days (tracked online)and although it requires a small amount of straightforward assembly, the tools are included, and it only amounts to tightening twelve or so nuts+bolts/ screws.
It is surprisingly solidly constructed, and feels quite expensive, apart from the seat which is just awful- get a cushion or padded shorts.
The computer is pretty good, and gives you info on: pulse, speed, calories burnt, distance covered and time spent cycling. While much of this information is fairly arbitrary (calories burned do seem suspiciously high), it does allow you to track your progress day by day, and also to ensure that your routine is useful (the heart-rate monitor especially).
I paid £90ish for this piece of equipment and am extremely happy with it. However much I would like to, I will go running only rarely in midwinter, and the bike has allowed me to get about three hours of exercise a week without having to punish myself (apart from the seat of course). While the resistance is not massive, it is easily enough to allow me raise my heart rate to 60%-70% of its maximum without having to pedal madly, although the bike is solid enough to allow me to do this too if necessary.
It folds up as much as can be expected, and occupies a space of no more than 50cm x 50cm x 125cm in the corner of the room when not in use. It's pretty heavy, but can be moved from room to room at a push.
I'm 36, male, with two kids and a busy life, and am about forty pounds above my ideal weight. This bike cost next to nothing, and allows me to exercise regularly, in the comfort of my own home, whenever I have a free 30 minutes. I've lost about six pounds in the two weeks since it arrived. Obviously I can't speak for the longevity of the bike (or my enthusiasm), but at the moment it's a great buy.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 January 2013
Sigh, where to begin. My lovely wife bought this for me. I suppose it was an attempt to keep my fitness up. I'm no spring chicken now and I am slowly starting to admit that to myself. I was made redundant from my job and that has taken its toll both mentally and physically. I've become very depressed, I don't mind admitting that. My wife goes to work every day with a wave and an 'i love you' but I know deep down I've let people down. My dear mother would turn in her grave if she saw how that little boy with so much promise turned out.

Anyway, as I don't have a proper job so no need to actually ride a real bike anywhere this is still a really great product. It gets me no where really fast. I must admit I feel slightly like a hamster must feel in his wheel but that is the price you must pay. I rise with my wife and once she has left for work I do a good 30 minutes on this which makes the day go feels at least i put some effort into the day and achieved something, however small.

One word of warning though, its a well made bike but slightly unstable, don't rock that bitch too much or you will tumble. Especially after a 'fruit juice'.

I hope this review has been of help.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 March 2011
The bike is very easy to put together - much easier than my last exercise bike. Non-DIY people should have no problems. It has a tiny footprint so takes up a really small amount of floor space when folded up. Light enough for most adults to lug around. The high saddle (height can be altered of course) is superb for people like me with knee problems. I've had very little pain since using it (as opposed to when I use my push bike). So why am I giving it only 3 stars? There are 8 resistance levels. However, the top one doesn't require so much effort for you to want to go through to something tougher. I'm no great cyclist yet I wish there were another two levels at least. For beginners or for people who just want an 'easy ride', this is a great product. For those of us with stronger legs, I'd say 'look elsewhere'.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 November 2015
Just a little bit about me, before I bought this I didn't do exercise. My thumbs and brain get a lot of exercise because I play a *lot* of video games but not the rest of my body! Since I'm now of an age that I should be looking after myself better and I've enjoyed cycling outdoors,( but only when the weather is good) this bike - which has already had many positive reviews here - appeared to be ideal. And it is. It's sturdier than I was expecting at this price and it folds away in a spare room nice and tidy taking up little space, far less space than my dad's treadmill does.
This bike has a computer that measures speed (km), time spent on current session, calories burnt and your pulse also features an odometer to tell you how much distance (km) you've covered since you began using the bike.The computer takes 2xAAA batteries,which were included too! It took me about 30-40 minutes to assemble the bike, if you pay close attention to the manual you'll be fine. Also the only tools you'll need to assemble the bike are all in the box.

- It's a bargain.
- Its better quality than you might expect at around £90.
- It appears to be of German design (but built in China).The bike is well stabilised,its never tipped up in any direction whilst in use.
- The manual is better than I expected, better than a friend's manual for their Everlast exercise bike of similar value from Argos.This manual has recommended stretches that you can do before and after your sessions. And it has an (albeit fuzzy) graph that gives you idea of what your ideal heart rate you can aim for based upon your age. Mine is approximately 108-113bpm. But I tend to use cycling speed as my benchmark, see my negatives list below for the reason why.
- I wasn't expecting the computer to have that many features,but these are useful for keeping tabs on your progress

- My partner is about 5'4" tall,and despite what some have said amongst these reviews, I don't think she would be comfortable on it,( I was hoping that we both might get some use out of this bike). I set the saddle height on the second notch of three safe positions - I'm about 5'9" tall . for my partner she could have the saddle set as low as it will go, which is without the peg in place,but so far she hasn't used it so I can't absolutely confirm that this bike might not be suitable for ladies of below average height. I've just looked at the saddle stem notches and there are five in total,but two of those are above the Max safety mark, this seems bit daft I guess but if you're tall and you're careful(!) not to make the bike tip backwards, this bike might suit you too.
- The pulse rate sensor seems crazy,either I'm working too hard, or its really sensitive. It takes a good minute to settle on a value,and even then it seems too high.... Or maybe I'm sort of super athlete! Unlikely. I'm thinking of purchasing one of those Bluetooth heart rate wristbands instead.
review image review image review image review image review image
on 11 September 2015
GET THIS BIKE!! I just "upgraded" from a very basic exercise bike which gave no resistance and no real "work out" even after 45mins I barely broke into a sweat - been on this bike 10 mins and OMG what a difference it's amazing just get it you will not regret it UPDATE 2 MONTHS LATER I'm on this bike 5 or 6 times a week I still love it best thing I ever bought! Sometimes I just gently peddle for 30-45 minutes but other times I "work" it and do 2kms on each speed increasing upwards then 1km each incriminate back down its sturdy safe and comfortable
review image
on 25 February 2013
I don't normally write reviews for my purchases on Amazon but I thought on this occasion I would simply to try and help others in deciding whether or not to purchase this bike.

Firstly, the bike is a great size and easy to put together. It is relatively comfortable and folds up exactly as it states in the description.

However, the problem arises when you change the various settings to make the pedalling harder or easier. On this bike there are eight settings. There is very little difference between settings one – four (this is basically like peddling with no traction at all). You can start to feel the difference from setting five onwards, however, on the highest setting (setting eight) you do not get the friction that is needed to have any sort of decent workout.

I am certainly not the most fittest guy in the world but this bike does not have the versatility to make it of any use to anyone. The bike needs at least another six settings after the eight is has currently to make it decent. It's a shame because everything else on the bike is good.

11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 February 2011
This bike is really nice and very easy to set up. My only complaint would be that the seat dosen't come down far enought for someone who is under 5ft 3in my husband was able to drill an extra hole so now i have no problem reaching the peddles with comfort.

This bike is so easy to move about and folding up is very handy i would recommend this bike to first time buyers as a good start to exercising the more experienced may find it a bit basic.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 September 2011
I spent along time searching for different exercise bikes on Amazon and after reading the reviews and taking into consideration the very reasonable price, I decided to buy this bike.

This is a very good bike for people who are trying to get fit or regain their fitness. However I would recommend a different purchase for people who are already fit.

I have had this bike for approximately 5 weeks now and I am enjoying using it. I have used it almost everyday for 30minutes a day and I can already feel the benefits. I find the tension settings to be adequate for me as I am not healthy. However someone really healthy may find the highest tension setting easy.

If I had any issues, it would be that it is already getting a bit squeaky when resting on the handle bars and also the batteries that came with it didn't last very long. This is the reason it didn't get 5 stars, however I have no major problems with it YET!!!

Above is my original review but below are my amendments.

The computer broke after approximately 6 weeks, but I had a replacement a week later and sending the original back was easy thanks to Amazon. Hopefully this one wont break.

Other than the computer breaking, it is still a good bike but I dropped the rating to 3 stars because of the computer.