on 4 September 2013
This does exactly what I wanted, it's nice and long so I can connect my Samsung s3 up at night. However, it must have a higher resistance than my Samsung charger, as my phone takes a lot longer to charge. It's ok as I'm charging over night..
on 26 October 2011
This is a cable that belies its very reasonable price. It is a good thickness and well shielded and has gold plated connections to resist corrosion. It is also of a decent length. It's connectors are nicely designed ergonomic wise.

Best of all it works faultlessly and promises a good working life due to its robust construction.

For £3.99 and free delivery a brilliant buy.
on 14 November 2013
There are some minor issues with amperage loss, but in my case (ordered 2 cables) these are only minor, and aren't really noticeable with my 2AMP phone charger, only with weaker, 0.5AMP PC USB sockets. But even there it will charge up the phone to the top.

What I wanted to stress, is that due to it's length and softness, this will not brake your phone's micro USB socket, and it will not end up spinning your phone around when you plug it in, like most shorter and harder cables do. You can comfortably have it plugged in while using your phone in bed etc.

Really good and not at all "basic" cable at a decent price!
on 6 August 2013
Unfortunately I did not read other comments about this Amazon basics USB cable. When I tried to charge my Blackberry Z10 using Blackberry charger and this USB cable, there is a warning on the Blackberry Z10 that this cable is not able to deliver the normal charge. Amazon really should not sell this product as it is not fit for the purpose.
VINE VOICEon 12 January 2013
I wanted a long cable as the one with my Samsung Galaxy S3 was far too short (and my proper - as in not a USB put in a plug - S2 charger barely charged it) I like to be able to mess around on my phone while it's charging but more importantly I use both Netflix & SkyGo and given they're both such battery drainers it was a pain having to stop the film/programme I was watching which I charged the battery up some.

I had intended just to buy a cheap USB cable but there were reviews stating that while they were fine for transferring data they wasn't powerful enough to charge a smart phone. Despite never owning any of Amazon's electronics and the quite high price for what is just a USB I decided to give it a go. In Amazon's defence though I am so used to paying, well nothing, for microUSB's as we have hundreds floating around the house that it could just be me.

The cable itself is very thick which I like as it doesn't get knotted and tangled in my bag the same way thinner ones do and it is plenty long. It charges my phone up in around the same time the cable that came with Samsung did which was a plus as I would've accepted and been happy with (slightly) longer charging time for the length of it.

I'm thinking of buying another one; one for charging at home and the other for the charger I carry around in my bag (as typically if I take it out to use at home, I then forget it and I am left charger-less while out and about!)

Some people have commented they don't last but frankly, if I get 3-6 months out of it then I will be quite happy. I am the mobile-phone-attached-to-your-hands-or-ear generation and I charge my S3 twice a day so it gets plenty of use. Possibly I have low expectations but I'm also of the generation where things are no longer built to last!
on 24 April 2015
I purchased two of these cables, a 0.9m and a 1.8m, to charge my new Lumia 640. Unfortunately neither cable supports high-speed charging and the phone tells me it will charge slowly when plugged in with these cables. I'll keep them to use with other devices for data transfer, but I'm disappointed as other 3rd party charger/cable combinations do work for fast charging.
review image
on 21 October 2012
This cable was left in a charger without anything connected to it, and the micro-USB end MELTED.
I purchased two, the other is fine but will be on its way back to Amazon... I'm still in disbelief, the cable was laying under our babies cot in our bedroom. I'm outraged, the quality control doesnt appear to be adequate
review image
44 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 August 2014
I bought this to power my Nexus Wireless charger because the supplied cable was 10cm too short to reach where I wanted to place the charger.

The cable itself is very thick (about 7mm or so) and the connectors likewise. So much so in fact that I had to cut down the stupid chunky ends before they would even fit in the transformer and charging pad. This, annoyingly made the product nonreturnable even before I discovered its further shortcomings.

It will charge my Nexus 5 though I haven't used it for a full charge so I can't say whether it is slower than the standard cable. However, it won't power my wireless charger. Plugging it in just illuminates the fault warning led on the charger and internal circuitry keeps it switched off. The problem is that the cable offers far too much resistance and this renders it useless. I expected much better from Amazon and I'm disappointed by this product. It needs a ground up redesign in order to be fit for purpose.
on 20 October 2011
A cable is a cable, right? Wrong. This is a great cable. It's long, slightly over 1m80 and has the nice gold plated connectors. The micro USB connector is strong and 'clicks' nicely on your micro USB devices.
I can see this cable living a long life.
I needed a different charging/syncing cable for use in my car.
The standard length leads just about reach from the cigarette lighter socket to the device, but tend to get in the way of the handbrake and gear lever. This is twice the normal length and allows the lead to be tucked well out of the way.
This was cheap enough and, being Amazon, arrived very quickly.
It definitely does its job quite adequately. I might even have said good or very good, but I don't have the necessary equipment to test or compare in depth with my other lead.
I certainly wouldn't hesitate to buy again if it became necessary.

Anyway, I hope that this review is helpful in some way when making the decision.