Colour: WhiteChange

on 30 March 2011
We searched long and hard for high chairs and I'm so pleased with the Appetite! My daughter loves it- the ergonomic moulded seat is obviously comfortable and the table-brace is so much better than a harness as she hates being strapped into anything. She can use her arms freely as there are no straps holding them back and she loves to play with her toys on the tray (as well as dropping them onto the floor!). I am home alone with her all day and find it so easy to pop her in and take her out as the mechanism works with one hand. As she is 6 months, she's rolling and squirming everywhere and I find it such a relief when I can sit her in it if the doorbell or phone goes and know that she is secure, safe and content. A must-have for parents! We wouldn't be without it! A***
on 5 January 2015
After having this a year I thought I'd come back and say how THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST HIGHCHAIR AVAILABLE. DO NOT HESITATE TO BUY THIS!

To justify that, I've seen countless highchairs since baby was born a year ago - friends, people from our anti-natal group, various restaurants, etc. Even the best of those is terrible compared to this highchair. Everyone that has seen it in use agrees and wishes they'd purchased one too.

So why is it better than every other highchair I've seen?

Putting baby in: It takes 2 seconds. You just sit the baby on the seat and lift up the table part. That's it. The curved table fits comfortably around baby holding baby him/her in place. This is far better than having to find soggy mouldy mildewy straps, buried deep in the damp crevices of a cushioned high chair, and fiddling with up to 5 strap clips and associated adjustments, leaving your baby uncomfortably strapped into place.

Taking baby out: It takes 2 seconds. You press a big button on a big rotating knob underneath the table (too big for a little hand to grasp and turn, but easy for an adult) and rotate it. The table falls away. You pick baby up. Done. Compare this to having to remove a clumsy tray from a clunky mechanism, finding up to 5 clips to undo, sliding straps off shoulders and tugging arms out awkwardly, etc.

Cleaning: You take the tray off and put in the dishwasher or rinse under a tap. Because it fits snugly around your baby food tends not to drop down onto the seat. But if it does, it's very quick to wipe the hard plastic seat. That's it. Done. Compare this to highchairs with rectangular slots for the baby which do not prevent food being dropped onto the seat at all, and having to dig into the horrible stinky folds and crevices, full of black mould and lumps of food, that accumulates between the cushions on cushioned highchairs, or the permanently damp absorbent materials (e.g. straps) that never dry out and just smell rotten all the time.

Folding/storage: It folds up to almost nothing. You could easily take this with you on holiday (and indeed we have because it's SO much better than any you're going to have provided). Just put it in your boot or on the back seat and throw bags on top of it. Compare this to the really bulky high chairs you typically see that would just never fit in a boot.

Adjustment: There is just one and that's ALL you need - you can slide the table/tray part back and forward a few centimetres. This allows for a 3 month old (which is when our baby started watching us eat at the table) to a 3 year old. Adjustment takes 2 seconds - press a button and slide it. Release to secure. Compare this to other highchairs where you have to fiddle with 5 different strap lengths, press hard metal spring-pins and try to align them to holes (big enough for little fingers to enter), tray heights, foot rest heights, etc, that take forever to adjust and inevitably end up uncomfortable. You just do not need these adjustments with this highchair - it works brilliantly across its age range.

Build quality: This thing is rock solid. I've tripped over it and dropped it down the stairs. I've stood on the tray once and all is fine. I've bumped gently in to other highchairs and bits have fallen off them.

Safety: There are no sharp edges and no hinges or gaps or holes with sharp edges to sever off little fingers. All of the safety mechanisms are really solid and product loud audible clicks when they engage, which fill you with confidence. They're impossible for a child to undo, yet very easy for an adult to operate. They're quick and simple to use too. Compare this to other highchairs where there are sharp metal edges, straps to get tangled/throttled in, folding mechanisms that are dangerous to little fingers, complicated mechanisms that leave you unsure if they've been adjusted properly, and can be operated by the child while sat in the seat, while being difficult and fiddly for adults to operate.

Time: Seating/unseating baby takes 2 seconds, cleaning typically involves unclipping the tray and dropping it in the dishwasher or rinsing under the tap, folding/storing takes 2 seconds. Ending a meal and cleaning takes 10 to 15 seconds in total. I would expect to spend at least 5 minutes cleaning any other high chair.

Sure - this is expensive, but it's absolutely worth every penny due to the time and stress it saves. Believe me, these two things become VERY important when you have a baby.
on 27 November 2012
The chair is easy to put together and i LOVED that there were no straps to clean. However, it is small. I'm not sure if i'll get more than 1 year out of it for my now 6 month old.

My biggest complaint which I didn't think of prior to purchase was that the tray does not have any rims on it so food constantly goes on the floor. The tray needs rims to keep things on the tray! My little guy is just learning to put food in his mouth and everything just slides over the edge.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 January 2015
Like most Baby Bjorn products this is well made and designed well. You can insert and remove said child with one hand while securing the tray in place with the clever locking mechanism. No straps to mess with and easy to clean. Yes its more expensive than many others on market but I would say in this case you get what you pay for.
Update...our 14 month old boy has worked out how to climb out of it. The harness free design is great but beware our son can climb out of it in under 20 seconds. Downgraded my review by 1 star. Don't leave child unattended.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 26 April 2015
This highchair beats the other ones I've owned over the years, I regret not buying it earlier. It holds the baby in without straps, is incredibly easy to clean, will grow with the child until they are about 3 (tested on my 3.5 year old), the tray is large enough to hold baby's food and is small enough to fit in the sink or dishwasher for washing without getting the person washing it wet (unlike some other clumsy cumbersome ones). When you remove the tray, you can still carry on using the highchair with the clean one underneath. The table is so snug against the baby that no food falls on baby's legs.
on 8 December 2014
I love this highchair. It's easy to store away, easy to clean, safe for babies to sit in. It's great. The little traytop comes off for easy washing and the chair feels really robust and stable. It's an expensive option but it really has been one of my best purchases for our baby.

The mechanism to open and close when putting your baby in is a teeny bit tricky at first but once you've got the hang of it it's totally fine.
on 12 October 2011
So many highchairs on the market, and yet you might overlook this one as this does not seem to be widely distributed in the retail market. At least, in central / west London. Do not let that deter you, this high chair is sturdy, super easy to clean, and easy to lift our almost 7 month old daughter in and out with one hand. Put it together in about six minutes, and that's with glancing at the instructions first.

No worrying about having to keep a cushion clean, there is none. The curved back is great as described by the company. No harness needed, the tray top slides in and out. The leg height is not adjustable, but do not see that as an issue at this point in time (and our daughter is quite long for her age).

Folds somewhat easily (you will get it after a few attempts) and pretty flat which can then be stored away, as needed. We have a standard kitchen table, and the tray part fits right under the table so have not folded as much as I would have expected. But the option is there, especially if you need to travel with this or lacking in space (as we are...).

Friends in similar age group who purchased a chair earlier than needed already considering buying a second chair. I recommended they look into the Baby Bjorn model as a solid investment.
on 1 November 2012
Initially, I bought at standard £30 fold up high chair from Kiddicare - BIG mistake! Kiddicare services are fantastic but the high chair nearly drove me to distraction. Clearly designed by someone that does not have to clean a high chair three times a day! Food stuck everywhere, loads of nooks and crannies to clean, wide legs to trip over and white straps that turned orange in a week and cannot be removed to wash!

After four months of it, I'd had enough and splashed the cash on this - thank god I did! It has saved my sanity! So easy to use, so easy to clean (the food is really contained on the tray), looks amazing and folds away so easily it could be transported for trips away if needed.

If you are buying a first high chair, I would look no further - this is the bees knees and worth every penny for time pressed mums. I think you can get them cheaper elsewhere, but I purchased from Amazon as service is always reliable and problems dealt with quickly. Hope this helps!
on 2 March 2015
Amazing high chair! I basically bought this high chair because of all of the positive reviews on Amazon. And I'm so glad I did! Not only does it look gorgeous, it's so practical! It's so easy to put up and down, it takes 5 seconds to get my baby in and out of it, it's a nice height so my son can sit up at the table with us, and it's soooo easy to clean. Baby food isn't the easiest food to clean so I'm so glad I'm not trying to scrub it off straps!! My 5 month old son is so safe in this chair and he loves being in it. As he's so happy in the chair even when he's not eating (playing with toys) that I can actually cook myself some food without him crying for attention etc as he can watch what I'm doing and we sing and chat as I cook and he happily watches on from his high chair! It's made life so much simpler and my son always has a big grin on his face when I put him in his chair! I would definitely recommend this chair!
on 3 June 2011
I lOVE this highchair!! I started my baby on solids at 5 months as he's right at the top of the charts for height and weight. We've been using the high chair for 2 months now and I'm so pleased that I bought it. It's extremely well made and designed, and feels really solid. Yes, the height of the legs isn't ajustable, but the tray fits perfectly under our table (ours is totally average height) although I still feed him in the kitchen as he's so messy!

My son looks really comfortable and sits nicely upright. As others have said, it's so easy to clean and for those of you who haven't started feeding your baby solids yet, it gets everywhere! I love the fact that every part of this highchair can be cleaned and I pop the tray in the dishwasher once a week to make sure it's super clean.

I used a conventional highchair at a friends house the other day and my son hated it. The tray felt miles away from him and as he's already trying to feed himself, he found it really frustrating. Yes, this highchair is more expensive than others, BUT you will be using it 2 or 3 times a day and I think it's worth every penny. I highly recommend this highchair.