on 17 August 2013
When it comes to assembling items like flat pack furniture or even BBQ's
, I am well known in family circles as being c;lose to incompetent. This time round though, I confounded them all by getting this up and running in less than 80 minutes.

As a BBQ, it is outstanding in its performance. I have bought bigger and more expensive items in the past, and not been able to achieve such a high standard of cooking as this one achieves. I am impressed that you can cook for one or more by just using one burner, rather than using both. The whole thing is just the right size and whats even more important, at just the right price. I have given this 5 stars because it deserves them, and we as a family are very happy with it. I hope you will be too.
0Comment34 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 December 2013
It works - it is not the greatest but it probably is one of the cheapest. Not sure how long it will last - three years perhaps because it is not the most robust bit of kit. Assembly was quite easy although diagrams could be better drawn. The main problem was having to take the gas bottle valve & connector off the old bbq and fit it to this one because the one provided was the wrong type for the butane gas cylinder. Looking forward to cooking Christmas steaks on it! (better than turkey)
on 23 July 2013
This barbecue is the worst I have ever had. Every thing about it is cheap & nasty. Even the side shelves will not stay in position, because they are made so light. I would not recommend this item
on 11 August 2014
I bought this after a long search for a reaonably priced lava rock BBQ. The item came and as others have comented it is not solid feeling but for what you pay it is good.

Four stars from me as there are some minor design flaws but nothing that stops it doing a good job. Great for the price.
on 14 May 2013
The only drawback is that you have to use the regulator provided or another one with the same characteristics (Kg/hour, bars...).
I must also confess that Amazon replaced a faulty item in an amazing way.
11 comment10 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 March 2015
Looks nice when built worst instructions ever! I am pretty good at DIY but this pushed my patience. My advice when starting is actually to fit the corner brackets first before fixing four legs to the stand. If you get this bit wrong as I did there are a lot of screws to undo! I found it easier to open bag of bits and lay them out. Do not lose any bits, there are no spares. The tiny washer rolled away somewhere for the lid handle, I'm still hunting for it!!

Whilst building it feels flimsy but firms up when fully built. Its cheap, gets what you pay for but the instructions and even worse the diagrams are infuriating for certain aspects I.e. putting the burner and ignition in. My last one was 15 years old when the burner finally disintegrated if this lasts that long I won't be complaining. The glass panel in the lid is a nice feature and the two tray areas to the sides are a fair size for a small BBQ. Very quick delivery.
on 1 August 2013
This item is very good but Burner is not quite as hot as our previous BBQ. Takes a bit longer to cook but well worth the money.
on 25 June 2015
I was very disappointed there where missing parts, from the bbq,
I bought it to use at my daughters birthday party, when I contacted
Landmann the Technical Manager was of no help at all, as he said
I had bought the bbq from Amazon and he had no way of checking the
bill of sale, the problem could have been resolved easily, as all I needed
was two control knobs, but the manager didn't want to know, as they where
so busy, so I sent it back, I won't be doing that again, to much hassle.
on 3 February 2015
I didn't expect much for the price but even with this low bar, I found the bbq vey poor quality. I've bought cheap B&Q BBQs before and this was no where near as good as these.The burner would only half light and you needed a lighter to get the rest going. The metal is very thin and the whole result is something that feels very flimsy. Returned to Amazon and received a full refund without issue.
on 2 February 2015
When you start to assemble this, it appears very flimsy, and stays that way until you bolt the main body into place. Then it is sturdy. Although it does not state this in the instructions, I would assemble everything and then finally tighten all the bolts. It means you have to remove the wheels to do it, but that is very quick and easy.
Reason it does not get 5 stars, is the supply of a propane regulator, when we nearly all use butane for bbq's. Also I am not certain of it's long term life, particularly living outside, albeit under a cover.
Aug 2015. We have now been using this bbq over the summer and have to say that despite a basically favourable review initially, things are not now so good. The Pizza ignition has stopped working, and the lava coals only get hot in two strips just above where the flames come out. This obviously is no good if you are trying to cook anything which doesn't fit into two areas about 15 in long by 2 inches wide. Compared to our previous unit, very disappointing.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse