on 21 August 2013
I bought these for my nursery and they have helped children with developing their pincer grip ready for writing. They do have to be pressed with medium force to make them close together, but that is good for building children's strength in their fingers. We have used them to sort objects by classifying them into colours or types which has aided colour recognition and children's understanding of the world. We have also used them to get children to select X number of blue objects and put them in a red bowl, thus supporting mathematical development. We have played games to see who can use the tweezers to get the most objects into their container and then got the children to help record their own scores, thus giving opportunties for early mark making.
on 21 May 2014
These are big and chunky. Designed for little children, or so I understand, I am surprised how much force you have to use. Because of their size they don't really encourage using the tripod grip but rather the whole fist. This is disappointing because I bought these precisely for that purpose, to strengthen the hand muscles and as a pre-writing (hand grip) exercise for my nursery kids. It does have grooves for firmer grip though.
on 17 March 2014
Great for our preschool setting.
We have used these to pick up a wide variety of things including worms, pebbles, pasta, bugs from slime etc. Strengthen children's hand ready for writing.
on 27 December 2012
I bought these to help develop the fine motor skills of my 3.5yr old. They're slightly too stiff for her at the moment but she's had a really good go with them and loves them! I kept 6 and gave 6 to her Pre-school who love them! We had fun sorting different coloured pasta using these tweezers and will try buttons and pebbles next!
on 21 February 2014
Bought this resource for my class, children are aged from 4-5. The children love using the large tweezers. They are colourful, strong and suitable for the children to use. There are many activities in which they can be used.
on 30 October 2013
This is a fabulous resource for children to use when learning to grip, manoeuvre and manipulate materials. Many children can gain decent control and handling of objects through using such tools.
on 16 April 2014
bought these to use with the children to develop their motor skills, the bright colours are great and the kids loved "playing" not realising they were learning.
on 15 September 2013
This product is fantastic! Have had both boys and girls using these with pom poms making pretend ice cream in ice cream sundae cups. Well worth investing in a set.
on 14 April 2013
Got these for the nursery I work in, nice colours, nice and strong and a good size, the children love using them even in messy play. Would recommend to people.
on 25 April 2013
Great for encouraging pincer grip to help with early writing and pen holding. The children really enjoy using them and are alwasy wanting to do tweezer work.